Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster prices slashed by upto 1 lakh rupees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I dont see anything new, the same discounts were being given to all customers, even in Dec itself.Effective price is not changed at all.

Impending Creta refresh may be causing these knee-jerk reactions. I had enquired about Duster AWD variant back in Sept-2017 and the discount offered was also about 1 lac on that particular variant in Pune. I see this more as the accumulation of different types of discounts (insurance at Re 1, corporate discount, cash discount, etc.) at the factory level instead of leaving it to the dealer's and customer's awareness and negotiation.

If Renault can bring a refreshed Duster at this price point, it may get interesting. How they position Captur (a brand new product) along side a refreshed Duster will be interesting to see.
Old 2nd March 2018, 16:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Could be the Jeep Compass effect also , I think. Get too close to that one ( in pricing) and the model could get burned. Value proposition vise the Duster is nowhere near the Compass.

Jeep deserves a big Thumbs Up for pricing the Compass most reasonably. Till now it was always a case of manufacturers finding new ways of ripping us off- be it a new variant or model /dollar price increase/euro price increase etc etc . Except in the hatchback category, where Maruti had set the tone decades ago.

Now, if only Volvo or JLR had the spine to do something similar in the 35 L + category.....
Volvo already has V40 in tht category. You can also expect the contemporary XC40 in tht range very soon.
Old 3rd March 2018, 10:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post
s !
In spite of saying the above, the top of the line awd 110 was and now even more so is an excellent buy for anyone looking for an all round vehicle offering moderate awd capabilities. There is no other vehicle (new) that comes even close at the current price levels and yet offering the capabilities an awd duster does. )
+1

Whatever is the reason, this price cut is good news for buyers who want an affordable AWD under 15 big ones. For these buyers, Thar or Safari Storme AWD is not a proper option and other AWDs like Scorpio and Compass are way out of reach.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 20:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

1L price reduction in one go due to localization ?? What does Renault think of customers ? Was Renault sitting idle for all these years ? Mr. Sumit Sawhney and team wants us to believe that Renault was able to reduce around 70k cost due to localization (excluding GST benefit). This is more than 10% of ex-factory price.

If this was even remotely true, Renault would have promoted and moved the entire management team from India to corporate headquarters and asked them to train rest of the Renault group in localization strategies. Isn't it Mr. Sawhney??
AutoNoob is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 21:44   #20
BHPian

The only variant in duster that makes sense to me is the AWD one which actually gives great bang for your buck.
Reasons :
1) No other AWD at less than 15 lakhs. Not taking into consideration lifestyle products like Thar.
2) The gear ratios are shorter in the AWD 110 ps which makes it more fun and devoid of much lag like the normal 110 ps version has. This makes it brilliant for city as well as highways. Not saying that the 85 ps and 110 ps dusters are slouch on highways and cities respectively but the AWD 110 ps is better compromise between the 2.

I guess the price reduction is done in lieu of the 2018 duster and they would want to do away with the inventory before the new duster gets launched.
Old 5th March 2018, 10:03   #21
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
+1
For these buyers, Thar or Safari Storme AWD is not a proper option and other AWDs like Scorpio and Compass are way out of reach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
1L price reduction in one go due to localization ?? What does Renault think of customers ?
Continuing on the above two points, Spare parts cost will not reduce even after increased localization. Renault would definitely not pass on that benefit to existing and new customers. Its more expensive to maintain than XUV/Creta/Thar or whichever vehicle you put it up against up to 15 Lacs..

Renault has earned a very dubious reputation among Indian customers and its all because of trying to fit in the Captur which is a vehicle made to dupe the customers into believing its an international model.

Everyone picked that point up, they definitely should pick up on my concern mentioned above.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 16:26   #22
BHPian

The pricing isn't necessarily due to the impending launch of 2018 version Duster, spoke to the sales consultant at Gen next motors, he clearly stated On both my queries ;
1. Is the new Duster on the way? This year or next ? He responded "it's been launched at the Frankfurt show and will not come into India till the first quarter to 2019. The discounts are not to clear inventory to make way for the new Duster. "
2. Is the Captur going to be launched in the AT variant, if so then when ?
His response was a clear "NO, only in manual for a while and they have recently delivered their first petrol version since only Diesel Capturs have been sold as of now."

But it surely does make the CVT duster a tempting buy at the new price point.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 16:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
But it surely does make the CVT duster a tempting buy at the new price point.
Agreed, but how good IS the CVT Duster? At around 11.5 lakhs OTR, it is almost in the same price range as the Ecosport Trend+ AT, and a size bigger (with lot of missing equipment, of course). But I have not seen any detailed review of the Duster CVT so far on Team-BHP, except for a few test drives. Is the engine that unimpressive to be written off without a review?
Old 6th March 2018, 17:05   #24
BHPian

I was informed that the vehicle is about 12.03 OTR without the extended warranty but with Renault zero depreciation Insurance ( 2018 manufacturing dates and in Mumbai). That’s true no real reviews, to actually assess the engines and all other specs, lets hope we have one real soon.
Old 7th March 2018, 13:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
The pricing isn't necessarily due to the impending launch of 2018 version Duster, spoke to the sales consultant at Gen next motors, he clearly stated On both my queries ;
Can you please check with him whether it's only the Duster for now, OR are they going to 'localize' the Lodgy as well? That should give us some interesting answers.
Old 7th March 2018, 13:30   #26
BHPian

Sure, soon as I can. I reckon they would do the similar "localisation of the lodgy"..
Old 7th March 2018, 13:58   #27
BHPian

The discounts are probably because Renault have suddenly realized that apart from the Kwid, nothing in their portfolio is gathering any numbers in India. So they are trying to generate a new interest for the only other capable product in their portfolio. Lets see how this price cut reflects on these numbers in March.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster prices slashed by upto 1 lakh rupees-renault-february-2018-sales.jpg  

Old 12th November 2018, 18:12   #28
BHPian

Yesterday I saw a news stating that there is around 2L discount going on for Duster. Should be a sweet deal, I guess.
Just will contact some dealer and get the OTR for reference
Old 12th November 2018, 18:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Yesterday I saw a news stating that there is around 2L discount going on for Duster. Should be a sweet deal, I guess.
Just will contact some dealer and get the OTR for reference
Which variant is this for? If this is for diesel variant, are they giving petrol dusters for free
Old 12th November 2018, 18:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Which variant is this for? If this is for diesel variant, are they giving petrol dusters for free

I will check with some dealer here and update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks