Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2018, 00:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Maruti has moved all its car to LED. Most likely ciaz will get the led treatment. Swift, baleno, Dzire, ignis and now even brezza get led. So ciaz should be the same.
When did this happen?

AFAIK, Baleno uses HID bi-xenons, and the Brezza still uses Halogen projectors with just LED bull horn guides. Swift, Dzire and Ignis use bi-LED headlamps.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 00:58   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti has moved all its car to LED. Most likely ciaz will get the led treatment. Swift, baleno, Dzire, ignis and now even brezza get led. So ciaz should be the same.
The Baleno is the only one that gets bi-xenon projectors, all other cars you stated and even the s-cross do get LEDs though. I think even Baleno will get LED lights when it gets its facelift next year.
Old 24th July 2018, 06:32   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
When did this happen?

AFAIK, Baleno uses HID bi-xenons, and the Brezza still uses Halogen projectors with just LED bull horn guides. Swift, Dzire and Ignis use bi-LED headlamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
The Baleno is the only one that gets bi-xenon projectors, all other cars you stated and even the s-cross do get LEDs though. I think even Baleno will get LED lights when it gets its facelift next year.
As rightly pointed out by DRIV3R, Brezza is still on halogens. The top-end of Swift, Dzire, Ignis and S-Cross get LED headlights. Baleno is still on Xenon headlights. All lower variants have a halogen setup. If there are double barrel headlights in Ciaz, I feel it'll be a halogen projector for low beam and a normal halogen high beam just like current setup. Had it been LED, it would have been a single barrel setup. AFAIK, only Crysta has a LED low beam and a halogen high beam.
Old 24th July 2018, 07:43   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
When did this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
As rightly pointed out by DRIV3R, Brezza is still on halogens. The top-end of Swift, Dzire, Ignis and S-Cross get LED headlights. Baleno is still on Xenon headlights. All lower variants have a halogen setup. If there are double barrel headlights in Ciaz, I feel it'll be a halogen projector for low beam and a normal halogen high beam just like current setup. Had it been LED, it would have been a single barrel setup. AFAIK, only Crysta has a LED low beam and a halogen high beam.
Yes I had missed that baleno was still on hid.

For the brezza I had received a message from dealer that the brezza now gets LED headlights. Ended up deleting the message. Will check if I can get it from him again.
Old 24th July 2018, 14:19   #170
Senior - BHPian

Someone who has been working closely with Maruti just told me that -

1) Ciaz Facelift will launch with petrol engine only. Diesel variant will launch after the new 1.5-liter motor debuts with the new-gen Ertiga.

2) Ciaz petrol will be up to Rs 40,000 costlier than current version.

3) Ciaz petrol will have a fuel efficiency (ARAI) of 22-23 kmpl. SHVS will play a major role here.

Regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 15:24   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

Regards
Can you please check with your source regarding any changes being done to the S-Cross in recent future? In terms of equipment levels as well as engine option levels.
Old 24th July 2018, 16:04   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Can you please check with your source regarding any changes being done to the S-Cross in recent future? In terms of equipment levels as well as engine option levels.
Not really, this guy has been pretty reliable with the information he gives. He is yet to mention anything about the S-Cross though. Still, will ask him about it and see what he has to say.

Regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 16:14   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really, this guy has been pretty reliable with the information he gives. He is yet to mention anything about the S-Cross though. Still, will ask him about it and see what he has to say.

Regards
To put it more clearly, I believe @BoneCollector was asking if you could check with your source as to whether the new K15B petrol engine is likely to be introduced in the SCross in the near future.

How things change in a couple for years ! SCross and Brezza launched without a petrol engine two years ago. Now Ciaz facelift coming without a diesel engine !
Old 24th July 2018, 16:26   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
To put it more clearly, I believe @BoneCollector was asking if you could check with your source as to whether the new K15B petrol engine is likely to be introduced in the SCross in the near future.

How things change in a couple for years ! SCross and Brezza launched without a petrol engine two years ago. Now Ciaz facelift coming without a diesel engine !

I think that is confusing. Who said Ciaz is going to discontinue diesel?
If I am not wrong, Ciaz will continue to be offered with 1.3L National Engine . The new 1.5L diesel from MSIL was initially rumoured to come with Ciaz but will come only once they are launched in Ertiga.

MSIL is going to hit it out of the park with 1.5L Petrol here. Once launched with Ciaz, they will follow it up with Ertiga and eventually will be put in Brezza and S-Cross as well down the line.
Old 24th July 2018, 16:33   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1) Ciaz Facelift will launch with petrol engine only. Diesel variant will launch after the new 1.5-liter motor debuts with the new-gen Ertiga.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
I think that is confusing. Who said Ciaz is going to discontinue diesel?
Please refer the quoted post above.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 16:35   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2017 sales pattern of Ciaz shows a 80:20 shift in favor of Petrol, while S/CUV doesn't show this skew ( reason could be since no petrol offering from MS)

With this, the launch of Ciaz will be initially with the Hybrid Petro variant.

Diesel to follow later by end 2018.
Old 24th July 2018, 16:57   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Regards

Thanks. I'm not asking with respect to the engine options but with some changes to interior. Please check.

Quote:
Well, not exactly. We're looking at the diesel variant of S-Cross but what has stopped us from putting the booking amount is the mention by RM regarding some changes to the interior which will push prices up by a lakh! All I can think of is that such price rise can happen only if they give 6 airbags which we would gladly accept.
Old 24th July 2018, 17:53   #178
BHPian

Maruti is stopping the slow moving diesel cars, especially with the BS6 norms coming up. First Ignis and now Ciaz.
Old 25th July 2018, 08:15   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz (face-lift) on test - Shows bright new headlight, LED taillight.

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-maruticiaznew2018headlighttaillight4.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-maruticiaznew2018headlighttaillight1750x430.jpg

Link

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-ci.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-cia.jpg

link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th July 2018 at 08:34.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 11:31   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2017 sales pattern of Ciaz shows a 80:20 shift in favor of Petrol, while S/CUV doesn't show this skew ( reason could be since no petrol offering from MS)

With this, the launch of Ciaz will be initially with the Hybrid Petro variant.

Diesel to follow later by end 2018.
This had more to do with the markup on diesel versions, it's nearly 2 lakhs and impossible to recover for the majority of buyers.

Brezza buyers may opt for petrol but the problem with petrol is that a 1.2 will not cut it for the Brezza. My guess is that Maruti will launch a turbo once BS6 fuel is available, with the current tax structure, a manual petrol (1.4/1.5) will be more expensive than a diesel AMT, a hard sell even for a Maruti.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed