Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2018, 19:11   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
I am confused between Honda City Edge Edition and Ciaz Top end Alpha variant. Any advise on how to decide?
Do a back to back TD and that is the only way you can decide.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 19:32   #467
BHPian

I have Test driven the Ciaz today and City before that and I liked both. What I liked about Ciaz was it's planted drive, whereas City is peppy with fast pickup.

In terms of features, Ciaz has a beep sound to alert if speed goes above 80k, which is a bit annoying but it's good for our own safety as our roads aren't safe above those speed limits. While with the City the drive is better than Ciaz, but it's only Marginally better. Further Ciaz comes fully loaded with features like start-stop button, touchscreen, LED and Fog headlamps, etc but these are missing in City.

So I am bit confused.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2018 at 08:11. Reason: Typos
gary4gar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st September 2018, 19:47   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

so I am bit confused.
Simple, if you care about other people's opinion, buy the city. If you want value for money and don't care about what others think, buy the ciaz.

Both cars are very similar, both are tin cans, both are not as nice as a vento/rapid to drive, both are reliable, both will fetch you good resale.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 13:44   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for buy a petrol manual sedan for mainly city driving. Budget is appox 11lac. Have considered:

City:
It's a good car with great space at rear and brand. Fuel economy is decent as well. Getting the new Edge edition for 11.12Lac On road.

Ciaz:
I can get Top end Alpha variant for 11.45 On road.

Now,
I am confused between Honda City Edge Edition and Ciaz Top end Alpha variant. Any advise on how to decide?
I would suggest the City edge edition. It comes with all the necessary goodies and the petrol engine is a star performer. Wrt Ciaz you would probably miss on only touchscreen. The steering in the City is also better.

So depends on what's your drug : Touchscreen or Power

Last edited by Waspune : 2nd September 2018 at 13:46.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 14:01   #470
BHPian

Personally I drive City and I did take extensive test drive of first gen Ciaz. In my opinion if you want to be chauffeur driven then Ciaz is a better car. It has better ride quality and more spacious interior. City has a little bumpy ride at low speeds and over broken roads. But if you want to drive yourself then City will be better choice as the engine, steering feel and everything about driving is better in City. I found Ciaz a bit boring to drive. Otherwise both these cars are very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

New LED Tail lamps -
Attachment 1794775

I'm not sure but these are probably not LEDs. It's the detailing that makes it look like LEDs. Again I'm not sure.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2018 at 17:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 14:24   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Now, I am confused between Honda City Edge Edition and Ciaz Top end Alpha variant. Any advise on how to decide?

It appears to me you want to decide if the City drive is worth the extra money, or would you find the Ciaz adequate for your needs, but it wont be your beater car.

If I got it right, as suggested above - a longish test drive of both cars on the same day, preferably on a route similar to your usage pattern will help you decide.
MBstoTBs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 14:52   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for buy a petrol manual sedan for mainly city driving. Budget is appox 11lac. Have considered:
City:
It's a good car with great space at rear and brand. Fuel economy is decent as well. Getting the new Edge edition for 11.12Lac On road.
Ciaz:
I can get Top end Alpha variant for 11.45 On road.
Now, I am confused between Honda City Edge Edition and Ciaz Top end Alpha variant. Any advise on how to decide?
Quote:
I have Test driven ciaz today and city before that. I liked both. What I liked about Ciaz was it's planted drive where as City is peppy with fast pickup.
In terms of features,
Ciaz has a beep if speed goes above 80km which is bit annoying but it's good for our own safetly as our roads aren't safe above those speed limits. With City. the drive is better than Ciaz but it's Marginally better. Further. another thing is Ciaz comes fully load with features like start-stop button, touchscreen, LED and Fog headlamps, etc but they are missing in City. so I am bit confused.
Ciaz is more VFM with the updates. City on the other hand has increased the prices of V variant which was below 10 lacs. Now SV variant with addition of aftermarket looking rear parking sensors and camera, machine cut 15 inch alloys and cruise control is priced at 9.75 lakhs, while the V variant is priced at 10.25 lakhs.

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-citypricesdelhi.jpg

So, if we compare Ciaz Alpha with City SV edition then the extras at just 25k premium are:

LED fog lamps, headlights, tail lamps
16 inch machine cut alloys
Leather seats
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Touch screen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
Push Button Start and Key less Entry
Colour MID
Mild Hybrid system

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-cityedgefront.jpg

No Fog Lamps

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-cityedgeback.jpg

The parking sensors and camera look like an accessory shop fitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I'm not sure but these are probably not LEDs. It's the detailing that makes it look like LEDs. Again I'm not sure.
In the tail lamps the pilot lamps are LED. Brake, indicator and reverse lamps are conventional bulbs.
PraNeel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:15   #473
BHPian

Quite a sweet facelift. Currently the most VFM in the segment, petrol in particular. But the ATs deserve a CVT considering Maruti has been trying to position this as 'premium sedan'. 4 speed TC is a definite downer. Wake up Maruti!
Old 3rd September 2018, 15:00   #474
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to look at the new Ciaz at the Popular's Nexa Showroom at Mount Road. No doubt it looks premium and all models come with smart hybrid engines.

Saw a huge gap between the radiator and the engine block. When I enquired, the sales guy replied, " sir, it is for safety".
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:19   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Now,
It depends what are you looking for in a car. I have driven both the cars at the same stretch (from Delhi to Jodhpur) and I feel both the cars are pretty much different.

Ciaz is a lot more comfortable as compared to City. The former provides a much better ride as compared to city and it made the journey less tiring (for driver as well as passengers).

On the other hand, City was incredible to drive. It handles so much well on curves but it crashes into the potholes. I didn't feel the ride was as comfortable as that of Ciaz.

On the safety aspect, both the cars are not built like a tank but City feels like it's built quality is better.

In around 11 lacs, Ciaz will be able to provide you with more features which will make the drive more comfortable.

If I were in your place, I would go for the Ciaz as it looks more value for money.
parth.jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:12   #476
BHPian

I checked out the new Ciaz on display. Showroom had the Zeta petrol on display which had the fog surrounds finished in brushed aluminium and looked good compared to the chrome finish in Alpha.

The SA told the same can be had in alpha too as an accessory. So folks who don't like chrome can opt for these. I'm not sure if these are standard on the Zeta though.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-img_20180902_132827.jpg  

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-img_20180902_132836.jpg  

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 3rd September 2018 at 17:25.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:20   #477
BHPian

This looks premium especially from outside. All that is lacking as the experts have already pointed out are a Sun Roof, 6 Airbags and a much peppier engine (atleast as an option). 1.3L Diesel is not as exciting anymore as it was earlier. I am not sure why did they not consider the 1.6L Fiat engine that they have tried out with their other vehicles earlier?
Old 4th September 2018, 06:25   #478
BHPian

Wow,

A petrol makes more & more sense now.

21+ kmpl on a petrol engine can be given only by Maruti Suzuki only

I think this is due to that mild hybrid system built in.

Anyway, Car looks way too good. Might be my next buy, in case the zoomcar/revv monthly hire model doesn't workout.
Old 4th September 2018, 22:23   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Saw a huge gap between the radiator and the engine block. When I enquired, the sales guy replied, " sir, it is for safety".
His reply is correct. European pedestrian safety regulations mandate space between bumper and the engine block for placement of impact beams that act as buffers in case of impact with a pedestrian.
swiftdiesel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 17:55   #480
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz sales higher than Honda City, Hyundai Verna combined for Aug 2018

Quote:
In the first month of its launch, the new Maruti Ciaz sedan has set a new sales record – beating rivals Honda City and Hyundai Verna by a huge margin. Maruti Ciaz sales stood at 7,002 units where as sales of Honda City stood at 2,790 units, and that of Hyundai Verna stood at 3,361 units.

Sales of Maruti Ciaz were 4,212 units higher than that of Honda City, and 3,641 units higher than the Hyundai Verna. Not only Ciaz sales are more than double of respective City and Verna sales, they are also higher than the combined sales of City + Verna (6,151 units).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks