Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2018, 11:37   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More of the New Ciaz,

Attachment 1784563
I feel like the front end resembles a Tata Zest now. Anyone else feels the same?
blue_pulsar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 12:33   #212
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why but it seems this forum is pretty favorable to Maruti.
I see most people here praising Maruti for the design and even interiors while similar quality of design and interiors from other manufacturers like Toyota or Honda would have been bashed. Is it because our expectations are low from Maruti and the bar is different for other manufacturers or is it because we expect Maruti cars to be priced lower than the international competitors?
For example, Maruti cars have super light build quality and even their safety ratings are nothing home to write about (check Euro NCAP crash test results for Baleno as example) but I have heardly seen people in this forum bashing Marutii for 'tinny' build quality. Whereas people just go on a bashing spree against manufacturers like Honda even though their cars are having better/heavier built and safety ratings are much better (Check Honda City's kerb weight vs Ciaz, not comparing Honda with Fiat or VW)
May be it's because Honda or Toyota prices cars at a premium, we have high expectations and hence the opinions. Might make sense, but just wanted to point out that this forum does not apply the same bar for all manufacturers.

Coming to the Ciaz, the only thing which stands out in the design in the new LED headlights which look fabulous, eye catching and premium. Other than that, it's a pretty boring design which tries hard to grab attention through gaudy use of chrome. The chrome in the upper lip of the grille and around fog lamps look cheap and trying so hard to grab attention. The interiors look drab and there is nothing to suggest that the quality of interiors will be much better than what we get currently in Ciaz. My guess is Maruti will price it cheaper than City/Verna/Yaris and their awesome sales and Marketing team will ensure success but I would be surpirsed if CIaz sets a bar for this segment.
adimicra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 12:36   #213
BHPian

How I wish they make a special edition with black wheels, all black interior and blacked out chrome parts!

In general, hats off to Maruti to equip these models with LED headlights. At the same time, I really hope the morons on our roads don't use high beam.
Old 28th July 2018, 13:13   #214
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz (face lift) exposed unofficially! Launching in the second half of August.
Whoa! I love the design of that face. Superbly done . Handsome, mature & contemporary. Looks like it was styled by a European team, not Indian / Japanese.

Too much chrome though. I hope it's optional.

The weakest point of the Ciaz is the engine. Actually, both of them - the petrol & diesel - need to be bigger / more powerful. Let's see what Maruti has lined up for us.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 14:42   #215
Senior - BHPian

Frankly I was never a fan of the old Ciaz's looks. Superb front end design on the new Ciaz though. It changes the entire stance and character of the car. Makes the City look outdated now. The chrome overdose (front and rear foglamps) are a step back. If priced right, with the uprated petrol engine, this should be a hit.
Old 28th July 2018, 14:58   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Frankly I was never a fan of the old Ciaz's looks. Superb front end design on the new Ciaz though. It changes the entire stance and character of the car. Makes the City look outdated now. The chrome overdose (front and rear foglamps) are a step back. If priced right, with the uprated petrol engine, this should be a hit.
Agree. This is much better looking than the old Ciaz. With the new peppy 1.5 petrol that churns out 104 bhp of power, power will not be an issue for the petrol mill. As I have mentioned before, they should get the S-cross build quality on the Ciaz.
The way S-cross is priced, it is an absolute steal. Strange pricing from Maruti
Old 28th July 2018, 17:03   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The way S-cross is priced, it is an absolute steal. Strange pricing from Maruti
Pricing depends on demand. SCross sales failed take off initially and that shows in the modified pricing when the facelift was introduced.

Whereas Ciaz has a lot of room for pricing, thanks to the premium positioning of other C segmenters like the City, Yaris and Verna.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 21:32   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I hope that the new 1.5L engines are good enough to make this a car that people actually want to drive. The Multijet and the 1.4 K series never did justice to the sleek looks. I also hope they got the ride/handling package right this time.

You know that Tata is doing something right when the 'Big S' starts copying off them. The front looks like it should be having a big Tata Logo on it. I'm not the only one who's seeing the blackout lamps, transition grille and the 'humanity line' from the Hexa here, right? But that said, the front looks great. Can't wait to see this car in a lighter shade that will really bring out the sportiness of the lights and the grille.

But, the rear looks like it has after market BMW-style tail lamps and chrome accessory pack fitted. Couldn't they find a decent design to copy from for the back as well? Sorry if anyone thinks I'm being too harsh on MSIL, but considering how the Yaris has steamrolled it's way into the segment, and that Hyundai and Honda have both brought out their A-Game with their cars, I expected more from Suzuki. There's not even a plastic cladding or at least a bit of clever black stickering at the rear, to make a difference.
Old 28th July 2018, 23:43   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Sorry, can't reveal the dealer name as he has asked me to refrain from divulging this info. He says he can get in trouble if the company gets to know about the 'unofficial' discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
In that case I would recommend you report your post and ask mods to either blur out photo of salesperson or delete that photo. Dealership could be identified from this photo if anyone digs deep.
If someone at Maruti really wants to cook the dealer, it might already be in process.

Look at the odds: How many customers would have bought a Ciaz 1.4 Zeta MT on 25-July-2018 in name of 'Yatharth Singh' (your name is on background display). With these variables and with Maruti's centralised Dealer Management System, it is 2 minute job to locate the dealer who made this sale.

However, in this case, I doubt that Maruti would be taking any action as the dealer is just trying to clear its inventory before the launch of new version.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 28th July 2018 at 23:57.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 10:52   #220
BHPian

Will be interesting to see if Suzuki gets in the BS6 compliant 1.5 K series engine. Too often, manufacturers wait for the norms to set in before getting the compliant engines already available
Old 29th July 2018, 11:36   #221
BHPian

Quote:
More of the New Ciaz..
Based on one of the images that shows the dashboard and the audio player, it looks like this is not a top end variant.

The audio player doesn't seem to resemble the current gen top variant audio players found in their vehicles and also doesn't support Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

This is just based on the visual appearance. Just my opinion.
Old 30th July 2018, 07:29   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
"The delay is owing to the launch timing clashing with a rival company’s event" - any idea what this is?
Believe the Mahindra's SUV based on Ssangyong's Tivoli is ready for launch.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 11:14   #223
BHPian

Quote:

Link
Surprised that Maruti is shifting their launch. I thought it would be the other way!
Old 30th July 2018, 13:42   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ciaz now seen in silver colour, spied in factory premise.

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-new2018marutisuzukiciazspottedinsilvercolourlaunchingsoon696x467.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th July 2018 at 13:48.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 15:06   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Link
Could it be the MPV instead of Tivoli, since we even know the name Marazzo by now. Tivoli based SUV is still under going testing so i am guessing it will come during Diwali.

If they keep delaying Ciaz, i doubt if new Ertiga is coming this year at all !! Considering the fact that they dont have the new diesel engine yet, Ertiga might come early next year along with the new engine !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks