Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2018, 11:19   #361
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Following footsteps of Ciaz, the S-Cross also has been updated across the range. Details in this post -
The S-cross, if it gets a petrol engine would be a game changer. They price the S-cross below Ciaz. If they manage the S-cross Zeta Automatic within 10 L ex-showroom (Ciaz Zeta automatic is 10.57 L ex-showroom), the S-cross could top the charts in the segment

One disappointing thing in Ciaz has been the diesel pricing. With a more powerful petrol engine, the usual 1L premium for diesel is no longer justified. Something like 50K premium would have been appropriate
Old 21st August 2018, 11:19   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Read somewhere that the speed alert system beeps continuously when the speed crosses 120 Kmph. Hope there is a way to turn it off or it can prove to be a major irritant.
Review indicates that it cannot be switched off. Good thing is that it works. A roundabout is to set the cruise control at a lower level

Quote:
The buzzer is similar to parking sensors & beeps non stop at 120kmph. Beep beep beep bloody beep. No way of turning it off.

Get ready for headaches if you like driving at a fair clip

Though in all fairness it works. I set the cruise control to 118kmph. Couldn’t handle it!
Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 11:22   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Many are complaining about same 1.3 DDIS oil burner being plonked in, however I see it as Maruti's strategy to test the 1.5 petrol motor before using it in other models like Ertiga.
Even the 1.4l Petrol was brand new when it was first offered in India (Ertiga i think). Trust me, Suzuki is masters in small size petrol engines and i am confident that they wont go wrong. In fact I heard Toyota too is planning to use this engine (i guess in hybrid form) in future Corolla.

So I dont have any doubts on this engine. But for diesel, well we surely know maruti tuned the Fiat engine so well but can they use that experience in building brand new engine ? not sure !!
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 11:32   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Price Comparison

Diesel is cheaper now compared to earlier Pre Facelift Version.

Petrol Automatic is more expensive, I think Additional Safety Features is there reason here.

Petrol Manual sees a bump, due to new 1.5 Petrol Engine.
The price of diesel has been reduced because 1.5 in-house diesel will be introduced in Ciaz very soon. The new engine will result in price bump for buyers but it will look logical and justified.

Expect the new diesel mill in both S-Cross and Ciaz in next 90 - 120 days.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:14   #365
BHPian

The latest iteration of the Ciaz looks droolworthy, especially the LED elements at the back. Although the chrome usage looks excessive, the mix and match seems to be tastefully done.

Eagerly waiting for the reviews of the new petrol engine. I hope it carries on the legacy of the "fun factor" of the suzuki petrols in general. Going by the reviews of the new Ertiga shouldn't be that hard.

Most of the folks I know bought the ciaz because of the space offered, feature adds are an icing on the cake. But yes 6 airbags and a sunroof as a lot of the members pointed out would have been the real deal, hopefully when a refresh is due things will be better in that front.

Before coming over to the NEXA fold it had looked out of place in the Maruti line up so NEXA looks like a right move done and it should top the sales charts hereafter. Guess this suzuki will take up the pie from the Honda City to make up for the Honda Amaze competition lower down the segment.

What I would like to see now is the introduction of this 1.5 l petrol engine in the scross. I am interested already as and when it happens.
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:24   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Going by the reports the NEW CIaz seems to be refined, silent and fuel efficient.

Here are some elegant pics of Ciaz,

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c1.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c2.jpg

When Hybrid system in action. Red is engine power only, blue is hybrid (engine and motor) and grey is charging while coasting

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c0.jpg

Link

Link1

Link2

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st August 2018 at 12:41.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:58   #367
BHPian

Thankfully Maruti has provided a boot cladding. So, no more ugly wires to see while opening the boot.

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-ciazbootlidcladding.jpg
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 16:48   #368
BANNED

Increasing demand for automatics and an uninspiring 4-speed unit (a gas guzzling torque converter, at that,) meant that Maruti needed to get the petrol+AT game right.

On several occasions, I had seen the petrol AT model cruising at around 60-65kmph -- probably doing FE runs at off-peak hours on the NH-8. I thought it would get the CVT to fix the fuel efficiency issue. They found a different workaround -- SHVS.

Whether it has any right to be called a hybrid or not is a discussion for a different thread. All I know for sure is that it works. Even with the auto-start-stop disabled, it manages to deliver better than decent real-world fuel efficiency in the diesel variant, especially in city traffic.

The start-stop also works better with the SHVS as the engine comes to life with the slightest of whirs, which is barely noticeable. The auto-start-stop and a little push from the electric motor should help the poor torque converter deliver far better FE figures, especially at crawling city speeds and stop-n-go traffic.

Speed Alert: I like this feature. For one, it encourages drivers to drive efficiently on the highways -- ideally, in top gear and with cruise control set at 80km/h. Good for nature. I'm okay living with a beep every 2 min coz I generally drive above 80 mostly when overtaking. Also because the NH-8 stretch on my commute has 80km/h speed limit. Secondly, the legal speed limit on the fastest expressways is 100km/h - AFAIK. 120 leaves some breathing room beyond what's currently legal and what could be legal in the future. I see 120km/h becoming the limit for certain expressways but, I don't think it'll go any higher. I'd like it if fellow drivers are discouraged from going beyond 120 on public roads NO MATTER WHAT. Those who want more should quench their thirsts on the track.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 21st August 2018 at 17:12.
Old 21st August 2018, 19:35   #369
BHPian

Got this from a friendly RM.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-img20180821wa0001.jpg  

Old 21st August 2018, 19:43   #370
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to see new Ciaz at one of the NEXAs at Vadodara.

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-fb_img_1534860638982.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 20:22   #371
BHPian

Ah well! Guess taking my new Ciaz for track testing is going to very annoying with the buzzer

On a separate note, can anyone please confirm if the lights can be retrofitted on the old model.

Last edited by Jeevith : 21st August 2018 at 20:26.
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:15   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Rich and Classy is what most acknowledge the NEW Face-lift Ciaz as.

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-ric.jpg

Meanwhile with the conducive pleasant weather and the drive away from the congested traffic reviewers enjoy the drive:

Source: various tweets

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c3.jpg

Source:

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-b.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-b1.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c0.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c1.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c5.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c4.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-cc.jpg

Link1

Link2

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2018 at 08:17.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:27   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator: Moved all posts related to Speed Buzzer to an independent thread. LINK. Please continue buzzer related discussed in the dedicated thread. Thanks
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:37   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Rich and Classy is what most acknowledge the NEW Face-lift Ciaz as.
The dials - One word Urghhhhh, the outgoing model had a very sober and elegant dial.

Question
1. Can i retrofit the lights and the boot cladding on the preveious gen ciaz? any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 22nd August 2018 at 10:54. Reason: removing fully quoted post
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 13:56   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ciaz 'first look' review by its brand ambassador - Ranveer Singh! ( advt.), detailed to the core (No embargo)

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2018 at 14:17.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed