Team-BHP - Buy a competitor after test-driving a Nissan / Datsun AT and you'll get free accessories
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Buy a competitor after test-driving a Nissan / Datsun AT and you'll get free accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/196630-buy-competitor-after-test-driving-nissan-datsun-youll-get-free-accessories.html)

Nice to see some innovation in marketing here. Just wish the amount was bigger to make more of a difference. Still, 8k isn't bad at all.

Pasting press release as is:

Quote:

Calling customers to take up the Test Drive challenge on select Nissan & Datsun models; assured benefits to be won of worth up to INR 8,000.

NEW DELHI (March 06, 2018) — Nissan India today announced a one-of-its-kind ‘Test-Drive Challenge’ across its dealerships in India. This test drive challenge is going to be open for consumers who test-drive the Datsun redi-GO Smart Drive Auto or Nissan Micra CVT or Nissan Sunny CVT during the month of March 2018.

After taking the test drive of any of these cars, if a customer decides to purchase a car within the segment from another brand within 7 days of test-drive, he/she stands a chance to win accessories* up to INR 8,000 from Nissan or INR 5,000 from Datsun for their respective competing car models.

*Terms & Conditions:

Accessories worth 5000 INR and 8000 INR (max. at MRP level) to be given to buyer on producing the required documents within 7 days of test drive. Accessories must be given from the list of accessories shared.

Buyers Documents:
Buyers must produce following documents to claim the Accessories worth 5,000 IN.
Copy of retail invoice of competition model; Invoice date should be within 7 days of test drive
Copy of Insurance issued for competition model
Buyer’s PAN Card

Claim documents:
Buyers acknowledgement copy & Signature on acknowledgement should match with signature on PAN card
Documents mentioned under buyer’s documents
Invoice of Accessories given to buyer
Buy a competitor after test-driving a Nissan / Datsun AT and you'll get free accessories-micra_mc_fleep.jpg

So an offer for those who are getting deliveries for Swift/ Dzire/ Baleno/ Brezza/ Creta/ BR-V? Wonderful! We should post this in new car offer thread :)

Had it been reverse, that show us cancelled booking and get some freebies, it may make 'some' sense, but in current avatar, it is simply amazing.

" stands a chance to win " ... This is nothing more than a marketing Gimmick. And the window is only 7 days. So basically, and mostly - people who are going to buy a car with full payment can get ready with their actual purchase, then TD these cars and go back to their actual purchase - Invoicing will happen within this 7 day window - IF - that car is actually in stock and reserved for the buyer.

Nice try, Nissan.

Weird campaign. So looking at it from a different angle, what Nissan is saying that-'Our cars are so good that once you Test Drive, you will not want to go for a competitor car even if we give you Rs 8000 worth of accessories'.

Makes sense if you have a portfolio of cars that makes the customer go wow and have something that others in the segment cannot offer. With Nissan, apart from being a marginal player, there is nothing of that sort in their models.

What is to prevent people from finishing most of the formalities for a competitor car (especially if being purchased without a loan) and then going to Nissan, doing a test drive and then claim the offer? I think this campaign will have a short life.

Hope its not similar to Country club offers. You drop in your details at a mall, you get a phone call telling "you have won gifts worth 5000" and you visit their place to collect. You are then handed over a gift worth 250(MRP sticker carries price tag of 4999).

If the scheme is genuine, there will be lot more footfall to otherwise deserted Nissan showroom.

Imagine me getting a Swift in a day or two, and let's assume I've already won the contest for now. Now I've got a Swift at home and accessories of Nissan or Datsun models like floor mats, door sills, seat covers for Swift which would never fit and neither that is of any use to me nor worth flaunting.

Now, beat me to this.lol:

Quote:

After taking the test drive of any of these cars, if a customer decides to purchase a car within the segment from another brand within 7 days of test-drive, he/she stands a chance to win accessories* up to INR 8,000 from Nissan or INR 5,000 from Datsun for their respective competing car models.
They might have conceptualized this as a super-confident (/ cocky) ad campaign -- But the fact is that they are further incentivizing buyers to pick the competition!

In India where Rs. 8,000 isn't a small amount for the average money-conscious hatchback buyer, this is only going to work against Nissan/Datsun.

Sure, Nissan can say "Didn't you see the T&C, we aren't guaranteeing the Rs. 8,000 -- you just had a chance to win it!" -- but nope, the joke is on you Nissan.

This could really have been implemented better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dual disc 200 (Post 4367007)
Now I've got a Swift at home and accessories of Nissan or Datsun models like floor mats, door sills, seat covers for Swift which would never fit and neither that is of any use to me nor worth flaunting.

Now, beat me to this.lol:

It clearly states that the accessories will be for the competing model and not Nissan or Datsun models:

"After taking the test drive of any of these cars, if a customer decides to purchase a car within the segment from another brand within 7 days of test-drive, he/she stands a chance to win accessories* up to INR 8,000 from Nissan or INR 5,000 from Datsun for their respective competing car models."

It's just a gimmick to increase footfalls at the showroom or get leads. Waiting periods of this segment is such that I don't think that anyone will be able to get insurance, let alone a car delivered within 7 days of the test drive (invoice date also after test drive of said models).

he he he! What an offer lol:!

They have put up the same under offers on this page:

https://www.nissan.in/Offers.html

As others have mentioned, cheeky Indian brains will start ticking the moment they see this on how to get some free goodies without doing anything :).

Nissan, instead of being "innovative" make use of your brains and be more productive!

Ugghh, Nissan!

This is the kind of marketing you do when you are bloody confident of your product, which includes after-sales. So much so that you essentially lead the pack. Not when you are languishing at the bottom of the chart with only a car or two selling decently.

They might end up giving 8k to very few customers due to the nature of the conditions but they sure won't win any customers or goodwill.

Pack up and leave, Nissan-Renault-Datsun. We deserve much better.

Today is March 6th. I think Nissan has launched this scheme about 25 days earlier than originally planned.

Contrary to popular opinion, I think it’s quite smart. As mentioned by others, chances of getting something substantial is slim. But, footfalls in the showroom will be very high! And trust me, general public, seeing the confidence of the manufacturer in it’s product will have a positive impact. They’ll do end up booking (not everyone, but sales will get better). Now all they have to do is get some great salesmen.

Of course, if their cars were solid, all this wouldn’t have been required. rl:Nonetheless, nice to see such marketing innovations.

The hassle involved in documentation and process in claiming that 8k worth accessory will make people run away from Nissan showrooms.

We Indians are good at negotiating (haggling). I am confident most buyers will extract freebies and accessories from any car dealer for sure (read- not by 'chance') when they get their cars. So I don't think this offer will have any impact on sales as they stand today.

Nissan is famous for their CVTs, the Micra CVT is a good car, but the problem is the cars are too old in terms of design and novelty in Indian market, also the after sales service is yet to catch up with Marutis and Hyundais.

Bloody brilliant this one. Brash, cocky and most importantly attention grabbing. Except for a few who do their due diligence most people don't even consider brands apart from hyundai, maruti or tata.

"after taking the test drive of any of these cars, if a customer decides to purchase a car within the segment from another brand......" - what they imply here is that Nissan has an alternative to the swift and you should check it out.

And as explained in the previous posts, those why satisfy the above conditions would get a cheap mat and some car perfume, but not before the nissan sales man tries every trick in the book to dissuade you from buying the competitors car.