Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2007, 10:08   #16
BHPian

Can you guys provide me any link to confirm this ?
Because i have been waiting for my wagonR to complete two years to convert it into LPG stuff and it is one and half years old now.

OR Can any bangalore guys confirm that ?( With MASS )
Old 30th October 2007, 09:52   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
Can you guys provide me any link to confirm this ?
Because i have been waiting for my wagonR to complete two years to convert it into LPG stuff and it is one and half years old now.

OR Can any bangalore guys confirm that ?( With MASS )
Why you, yourself can confirm it with the MASS ?
Old 30th October 2007, 13:10   #18
BHPian

Any conversion to LPG/CNG will void the warranty, this is specified very clearly in the service book. The dealers who do the conversion give warranty not Maruti, how they manage to get the part replaced under warranty is anybody's guess. If you go to Maruti officially and want them to honour warranty after conversion to alternate fuels like LPG/CNG, the answer is going to be NO.
If anyone has official confirmation from Maruti, Pls enlighten me and share it.
Old 30th October 2007, 17:16   #19
BHPian

@ mithun,

I can confirm, But i am out of station now and I will be back to bangalore
only november 3rd week or later and currently i am in short term onsite.

Other wise i would have confirmed and posted it also since UM CARS airport road is only 10 min walkable from my home.

Again @ mithun,
IMO, If somebody asking for information, It means that
1. they might not be in the position to get that info ,
2. Or their knowledge might be poor in those area , so they are seeking advice from experts

So Please try to provide geneune info or let others give.
Please don't give negative kind of answers and also
please don't take it in the wrong way also.
I hope you don't.
Old 30th October 2007, 17:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am currently using WagonR OCT2005 converted with Lovato LPG kit.But i am not satisfied with it.Cos the FE is not up to the mark.It gives only 8-10 Kms/lt of LPG with 100% AC.In Petrol my car returns more than 13 Kms/lt with 100% AC.I tunned it many times and clean the filters.But nothing Fruitful.

Mainly the torque is very low.Even we can't able to ride it easily in flyovers without shifting down the gears.very irritating.

My Installer told me that the problem is only in WagonR.rest of the MUL products return good FE.But he didn't revealed me at the time of installation hmmmm.Those guys tried a lot of ways to increase FE.Only remaining thing is to do tunning using a Computer.May be i'll do that too in coming weekend and share that comedy too.

I almost lost patience to improve the FE.Now-a-days i never checks the FE and ride my car as it's.

Please reply with your comments and FE, you get it from WagonR.
Old 31st October 2007, 17:32   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
@ mithun,

I can confirm, But i am out of station now and I will be back to bangalore
only november 3rd week or later and currently i am in short term onsite.

Other wise i would have confirmed and posted it also since UM CARS airport road is only 10 min walkable from my home.

Again @ mithun,
IMO, If somebody asking for information, It means that
1. they might not be in the position to get that info ,
2. Or their knowledge might be poor in those area , so they are seeking advice from experts

So Please try to provide geneune info or let others give.
Please don't give negative kind of answers and also
please don't take it in the wrong way also.
I hope you don't.
I can understand your feelings. I had asked you to try it yourselves bcoz different dealers behave differently even in the same cities !
Old 1st November 2007, 14:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have 3 points to add:

1) I was at the service station last week, and the service advisor told me that I can convert my zen into LPG one without voiding the warranty. However, he didn't show me any "Official Circular" from Maruti. I receive Maruti Newsletters and every single event is mentioned in it, no news on this

2) If Maruti is promoting it, why they didn't launch it themselves like they have done for the Duo.

3) Each and every dealer has a different KIT with them. How does one know which is recommended by Maruti. The best thing to do is Avoid it as we have spent hard earned money on the cars and just because of one "cost cutting" decision, we don't want our warranty to go for a toss. I have been benefitting from the extended warranty program (my car is now in its 3rd year) and would recommend fellow BHPIAN's to take Maruti's extended warranty, it certainly helps!

Lastly: This is my personal view and I am neither associated with Maruti as an employee nor with any of its dealerships (infact not even with its rivals!). Just a Happy and Content Customer of Maruti.

Last edited by amtak : 1st November 2007 at 14:11.
Old 1st November 2007, 14:23   #23
BHPian

guys in delhi APRA automobiles was offering conversion to LPG/CNG.
warranty would be given by the dealer AND NOT MARUTI .

SO i think that you will loose your warranty in case of conversion.

P.S::dont knw abt warranty in other states ..
Old 1st November 2007, 16:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik
I am currently using WagonR OCT2005 converted with Lovato LPG kit.But i am not satisfied with it.Cos the FE is not up to the mark.It gives only 8-10 Kms/lt of LPG with 100% AC.In Petrol my car returns more than 13 Kms/lt with 100% AC.I tunned it many times and clean the filters.But nothing Fruitful.
The fuelling setup must be a bit rich. A K&N/Green stock-replacement filter go a long way in giving better power and efficiency.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks