Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2018, 15:58   #31
BHPian

Re: The best stock steering wheel among Indian cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
I suggest a Poll to be added to this thread wherein one can vote
Adding a poll may not be a good idea (keeping the original question as is) as the options are too many with over a hundred cars to choose from.
We can perhaps have poll around the type of preferred steering wheel. Possible candidates could be plain jane (without any controls) vs loaded, light vs heavy, flat bottom vs round etc.

Last edited by meetgds : 28th March 2018 at 16:01.
meetgds is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 09:53   #32
BHPian

My votes would go for these:
1. The new EcoSport - I love the grip points on the steering wheel and the controls seem very ergonomically + aesthetically laid, spaceed out. <3

2. The VW Tiguan - I have always had a thing for flat bottom steering wheels. The Tiguan's just subtle enough for me unlike the Swift's which is very on-the-face. Plus, I think one can't help not relate the driving experience and steering feedback to it's looks
Old 9th April 2018, 10:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
It has to be VW. Polo, Vento and Tiguan. All of them use different versions of the same wheel I guess.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...744707&thumb=1

What works?
  1. Perfect size and leather to leather feeling (on hand )
  2. Like a cockpit. The MID has two screens and shows you more than you can digest in with 4 buttons. All audio controls on left side.
  3. Telescopic and height adjustment
  4. VW signature build quality and quality of materials
+1

Not wanting to be biased (I own a Vento), but the steering wheel is very well designed and feels great to hold. Also there's something about the flat bottom that really does it for me
Old 9th April 2018, 10:59   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Going against the tide here, but I always had the hots for the non-enthusiast/family/luxury/forced by old airbags design preferred 4 spoke steering wheels that were the rage a decade or two ago.

The best stock steering wheel among Indian cars-toyotainnovafacelift02.jpg

The best stock steering wheel among Indian cars-toyotacamry02.jpg

Even today, I wince when seeing a redesign or new generation of full size luxury sedan, or especially full size SUVs, having 3 spoke steering wheels to get the sporty nature bit. UGH!!

Starting to like 3 spoke steering wheels (what option do I have?), especially slightly deep dish or flat types like the ones in old Civic, new Suzukis, new VWs and current BMW M types.

But since we are talking about Indian car, trying not to mention CBUs or CKDs here.

Ford steering wheels. Not the visual design, but Love the way they feel in our hands. Made for enthusiasts in mind.

But, have to justify my purchase, so my current favorite is this one.

The best stock steering wheel among Indian cars-toyotaetioslivainterior101707.jpg

Had to mention, since it is the only part of the Etios interior that I like, well most of you too. And most importantly,when I could have stuck with the GD spec which had all the essentials, stretched all the way to VXD, just for the STEERING WHEEL !!!

From a design perspective, not the steering feel

Feels perfect to hold and the flat bottom makes all the difference between this and the lower spec Etios wheel.

Dislikes?
The fit and finish in the parts were we can't see is not perfect, with seams and sharp edges, (My '09 WagonR has better finished ones!!!) and the leather started to come off after just half an year of sweaty hands.

Real problem? The steering feel doesn't do justice to the awesome design.

Last edited by DicKy : 9th April 2018 at 11:03.
Old 9th April 2018, 16:49   #35
BHPian

I like the steering wheels that TATA has been providing in their cars (all basically same I guess with just material change in some). Also I like the steering on the pre-facelift Storme as well. Many steering wheels look good today but for me, my personal favorite is still from the 2006 Honda Civic. That steering and that cockpit design of dash would still shame cars today.

Most Viewed