Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2018, 22:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Want to sell car, but it is 'blacklisted'. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
While government forms are not know for their beauty. This dynamic form takes the cake.
The search (button ?) is on the top, the radio buttons for Chassis number and Regn. number are unselected, .

The pic/print was after search term was entered & selection of radio button option (in this case Reg no). I do not see any highlight or lowlights (enable/disable) for further options in the print, not any dot in radio button.

How did you get that?
Old 25th March 2018, 23:34   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Went through all the posts. Some facts emerge:

(1) If it is a government department generated document, there should be a logo or name of the concerned department that has been "authorised" to undertake such a job. Without such a identification, the concerned department if any, can be hauled up.

(2) There is NO provision to black list a motor vehicle based on the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (233 pages) , Central Motor Vehicles Rules,1989 (174 pages) or even the Rules of the Road Regulations, 1989 ( 5 pages). Apart from these three applicable laws, there are no other laws for motor vehicles in the country.

(3) There has to be a certain law under the ambit of which these authorities can act. If its anything outside the law, any High Court responding to a writ petition (with a personal case) or a public interest litigation (with as many documents) if filed, can put whosoever is concerned (the so called "authority" ) in a precarious situation.

(4) RTI application if filed with the concerned RTO may perhaps help in getting documentary evidence and reasons if any, if at all the RTO has done such a job, obviously by overreaching the powers delegated to it under the above three laws of the land.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 10:20   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Here's what happened...we sold the car in around October 2017 to an individual (Mr. PS). Now because he didn't have any residential proof, he hadn't begun the transfer procedure for quite some time. In the meanwhile, within a week of selling the car, I sent the copies of the RTO forms, buyer's ID, delivery note etc. to the respective RTOs (as per what TeamBHP advises) by registered post, to secure myself of the liability. So in the records of the RTO, the car was sold but there wasn't any response from the buyer for nearly three months to transfer the car to his name, hence the car got blacklisted.
Thanks! Definitely seems to be about the car's ownership status not being perfect. Copying a post from a BHPian here where his stolen car was also blacklisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgotPants View Post
Awesome, this works perfectly. I looked up my car that was stolen and the reply came back with the word Blacklisted as well!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 10:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The Maruti Alto800 that I sold on my grandfather's behalf too is blacklisted. Here's what happened...we sold the car in around October 2017 to an individual (Mr. PS). Now because he didn't have any residential proof, he hadn't begun the transfer procedure for quite some time. In the meanwhile, within a week of selling the car, I sent the copies of the RTO forms, buyer's ID, delivery note etc. to the respective RTOs (as per what TeamBHP advises) by registered post, to secure myself of the liability. So in the records of the RTO, the car was sold but there wasn't any response from the buyer for nearly three months to transfer the car to his name, hence the car got blacklisted.

Mr. PS just called me a couple of weeks before to inform me that he now had all his documents sorted and tried to register the car in his name, but is unable to do it online as the car is blacklisted.
Nice! Glad to see that this method works at the RTO level to safeguard the seller. I have seen it mentioned but never heard whether it works after someone trying it.

What did PS do to get it registered? Was any further involvement from your part required for PS to resolve it?
Old 12th September 2019, 23:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got recent experience of getting the blacklist tag removed. Car is coming up for RC renewal etc but it is blacklisted for something in 2014 . We were using an agent to manage things but he has not been able to make any headway and has returned the documents. Would be nice to know the reason why the car is blacklisted, would a trip to the RTO help with this and getting this removed?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2019 at 17:08. Reason: Please don't use non-forum smileys
Old 20th September 2019, 12:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

On the Vahan website when I checked to see the status of my car, out of curiosity, I find a local RTO (my vehicle is not registered there) has blacklisted my car for pollution . There is an FIR number and date also. Question is how did they know? No one checked my pollution on the said date. I got my PUC done last October and it is valid for a year. Interestingly, the PUC detail on that same website for my car says - N/A

I am in two minds whether to go to the RTO and get a clarification on this or just sit tight and see when I get a legal notice.

Is there anyone else who has faced this?
Old 23rd September 2019, 20:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
On the Vahan website when I checked to see the status of my car, out of curiosity, I find a local RTO (my vehicle is not registered there) has blacklisted my car for pollution . There is an FIR number and date also. Question is how did they know? No one checked my pollution on the said date. I got my PUC done last October and it is valid for a year. Interestingly, the PUC detail on that same website for my car says - N/A

I am in two minds whether to go to the RTO and get a clarification on this or just sit tight and see when I get a legal notice.

Is there anyone else who has faced this?
A couple of other Kolkata BHPians have faced this. There are mobile pollution checking units stationed at various places that measure the pollutants in the air when your car passes by. This is done at random. The measurement is done on an average basis, so if there's a smoke belching bus near your car, the air is bound to be more polluted, and that pollution is attributed to your car. I might be using some wrong technical terms here but this is what has happened. In fact, one BHPian even turned off his ignition while passing one such mobile unit, and yet his car got blacklisted!

Unfortunately I cannot guide you through the actual process since both of them took the help of agents to get this issue sorted. I think they were charged a couple of thousand rupees for the same. You can contact an RTO agent for more clarity on the process.

Just out of curiosity, which RTO has blacklisted your car? Asking because previously this was only done in the main city limits. Will have to be more alert if they're spreading out to the suburbs as well.

Thanks!

Last edited by boniver : 23rd September 2019 at 20:17.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 21:33   #23
BHPian

I was killing time browsing random news on the web the other day and came across this on cartoq website.

https://www.cartoq.com/tiger-shroff-jackie-shroff-cars/

I searched one of the car registration number (a BMW 5 series) on the vahan website and ended up with the following. Though it's not related to the thread title about selling a blacklisted car, but the reason for blacklisting has been mentioned on the website.
Attached Thumbnails
Want to sell car, but it is 'blacklisted'. Now what?-tigershroffbmw5series.jpg  

Want to sell car, but it is 'blacklisted'. Now what?-screenshot_20190923212038__01.jpg  

Old 18th September 2020, 23:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends sold a Delhi registered Cruze few yrs ago. An NOC was given to buyer in Andhra Pradesh. The person did not re-register in his state.

Car obviously is still in friends name. As NOC is already issued, is my friend still liable for any issues that arise of the car, like accident or anything?

What can he do? Also, what if the buyer is not in financial capacity to pay all the fines and reregister now? My friend doesn't want to buy the car either. Also, RC would have expired as its Delhi and diesel?

RTO site says NOC issued and blacklisted. What does black listed mean now.
Attached Thumbnails
Want to sell car, but it is 'blacklisted'. Now what?-cruzetbhp.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks