Team-BHP - Want to sell car, but it is 'blacklisted'. Now what?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Want to sell car, but it is 'blacklisted'. Now what? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/197198-want-sell-car-but-blacklisted-now-what.html)

What does this even mean? Who blacklists cars? What is the owner supposed to do in this case? Thanks!

Shehzad drops the following query.

Quote:

I just recently sold my Elantra. When transferring my car to the other party, I came to know that my car is blacklisted by a person called Bobby who I don't know.

Can someone please guide me on what to do? I have attached a photo of the document I got from my agent.
Want to sell car, but it is 'blacklisted'. Now what?-img20180323wa0010.jpg

Is it possible that agent wants to make some extra money by creating / mentioning more work ?

1: Who is Bobby? What is his credentials / role?

2: What is the reason for the blacklist?

Only the RTO can disclose this. I guess

The Vahan app or SMS sometimes shows vehicle status as Blacklisted. Maybe blacklisted by the RTO for pending offences / fines. But "Bobby" - this is hilarious.

Never ever heard of such things.
The document doesn't even look legit, is there any signature from the RTO?
This looks like a computer printed document with the details of the car.

Something smells fishy.

Traffic violations and unpaid fines probably?

Bobby is likely to be RTO equivalent of JOHN DOE :D

A google search threw up this:
Quote:

If you think you were going unnoticed breaking traffic signal, then you were wrong. You would have noticed that all the “constables” have a book and pen in hand and they note down the vehicle number, time, place and the kind of offense and this data is fed into a single database.

You can see if you have ever violated a traffic rule from here.

http://www.techbuzz.in/search-if-you...lore-india.php

But Bobby ? well ...

Well, cops in England were / are called Bobby, ixf that's any help.

Maybe the owner misused any/all permits issued to his car sometime in the past?

Related read - http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/him...se/414061.html

Or it could be that the car was loaded with one or more illegal mods for which a complaint was registered against the owner?

The "Print Blacklist Reports" option in the abovesaid challan should show the complete details of the reasons behind it. The RTO should be able to fix this.

What does clicking on the release button do?? probably that's the easiest way. Or else pay a friendly traffic cop Rs. 20/- and ask him to release it.
Please note that you also have option to Add to Blacklist. - Sounds interesting!

The Maruti Alto800 that I sold on my grandfather's behalf too is blacklisted. Here's what happened...we sold the car in around October 2017 to an individual (Mr. PS). Now because he didn't have any residential proof, he hadn't begun the transfer procedure for quite some time. In the meanwhile, within a week of selling the car, I sent the copies of the RTO forms, buyer's ID, delivery note etc. to the respective RTOs (as per what TeamBHP advises) by registered post, to secure myself of the liability. So in the records of the RTO, the car was sold but there wasn't any response from the buyer for nearly three months to transfer the car to his name, hence the car got blacklisted.

Mr. PS just called me a couple of weeks before to inform me that he now had all his documents sorted and tried to register the car in his name, but is unable to do it online as the car is blacklisted.

Long story short, it's possible that this could be the case with Shehzad too. An RTO agent could be the best person to clear off this mess, quickly.

Normally blacklisted cars are the ones which have issues related to documents during the transfer or the ones converted from yellow to white where in the tax paid was insufficient.

Could Bobby be a user name of the RTO official to show the audit trail? Is it possible?

Not sure if this happens in RTO, just a guess work.

KK

While government forms are not know for their beauty. This dynamic form takes the cake.
The search (button ?) is on the top, the radio buttons for Chassis number and Regn. number are unselected, still it has managed to show that "Bobby" managed to blacklist this car at midnight several years ago.

Also this was a "Complain" and not "Complaint", and the complain was "3-Sold"..

There is a big fish in this form :-) ...

Shezad should blacklist this dealer and file a complain or as others have pointed out, just visit the RTO and cross check.

This is really interesting. The government bodies are doing a lot of digitization in isolation without looking at the blueprint / big picture. We citizens will keep receiving surprises like this for some time is my expectation. The fines thread is another example where the owner has no clue regarding the pending fines and has fines to the tune of lakhs.