Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2018, 15:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar Land Rover to launch 10 products in FY 2018-19

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has announced that the it will launch 10 products in India during FY 2018-19. These could include new models, variants, facelifts or even minor updates. However, the carmaker has not disclosed specific details about the planned products.

Jaguar Land Rover to launch 10 products in FY 2018-19-jaguar_land_rover_logo.jpg

JLR has already launched facelifted versions of the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport in other countries. These could be launched in India in the coming months. The Jaguar F-Pace SVR, which was showcased at the 2018 New York Auto Show, might also make its way into India in the near future.

In FY 2017-18, JLR sold 4,609 units in India, registering a growth of 83% compared to the previous fiscal. During this period, Land Rover launched the Range Rover SVAutobiography Dynamic, the new Discovery, Range Rover Velar, 2018 Discovery Sport and the Range Rover Evoque Landmark Edition. In March 2018, the company launched the Evoque Convertible.

In 2017, Jaguar commenced local production of the XF and F-Pace. During this period, Jaguar also launched the F-Type SVR, XE diesel and more recently, introduced a 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine in the XE and XF.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 16:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to launch 10 products in FY 2018-19

Out of the 10 'so called new products', 4 will be silly variants or special editions, 3 will be low-relevance CBUs, 2 will be engine variants and 1 will be an actual, new, realistically priced car.

I can just hear Mercedes readying their press release on launching 24 new products in FY 2018-19 (considering they introduce a pointless CBU every fortnight).
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 17:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

Only the E-Pace will be of significance. Next XJ will be electric only

JLR need to focus on getting the Ingenium diesel sorted out as also the touchscreen interfaces - they are stab-screen items at the moment.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 19:25   #4
Team-BHP Support

In my opinion, they need to improve the reliability first, rather than having so many new variants and features, better they spend some time sorting what they already have. I don't own anything from JLR yet but whenever I have taken test drives, there has been something wrong with the car.

I went for a short drive of the new RR Sports here in Calgary last week, the car is very nice, ride extremely comfortable but the Backup/ Surround cameras won't work on a brand new car. By chance, SA who was handling my quote, got a call from a customer who has taken delivery in the morning, asking for settings for cameras as he was having the same issues. Apparently, the whole lot had this issues, unless they have messed up in activating software correctly during PDI.

I think Toyota excels in this, they give the least features but whatever they offer will be top notch and trouble-free. Both Tata and JLR will always have their vehicles loaded to the brim but half cooked, and this was even when Tata had no relations with JLR, looks a match made in heaven

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th April 2018 at 19:31.
Turbanator is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 16:26   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
In my opinion, they need to improve the reliability first
Reliability is especially important because Mercedes has made big improvements (BMW was always good). And not only that, Jaguar-Land Rover also need to sort out their shoddy after-sales quality. I just posted on Karan's XE review thread about a car that's gone to the workshop for the 3rd time in less than a year of ownership. Awful, simply awful.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks