Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2020, 19:40   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

Honda Has Filed A Design Patent For The 2020 Jazz In India,but is not coming to India anytime soon.

Quote:
it is normal for a car company to secure itself by filing IP patents for models in other countries even if the car is not sold in that country. For example, Honda has a design patent in India for the China-only Guangqi Honda Crider mid-size sedan
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 22:08   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda’s New Jazz Is The First Model With A Center Airbag In Its Segment.
Quote:
The new front-center airbag is fitted within the back of the driver’s seat and expands into the space between the driver and the front passenger. In case of a side-on collision, the airbag helps to avoid direct contact and to reduce the impact between the two.
Quote:
The airbag itself uses three attachment tethers in order to guide it around the driver in a curve and deliver maximum protection. The new Jazz -also known as Fit- combines the new front-center airbag with special seat belt pre-tensioners for both the driver and front passenger to reduce lateral movement. Honda claims that their new approach can reduce injury to the head by 85 percent for the near-side passenger and 98 percent for the far-side passenger.
Quote:
In addition, the new Honda Jazz comes with a new double-structure airbag for the rear passengers, protecting them from impacts against the door and C-pillar in case of a side-on collision. Honda was able to integrate the new airbag system into the rear seat pad without losing the model’s ‘magic seat’ function.
The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-2020hondajazzsafety01.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 23:10   #183
BHPian

This is interesting.
Having driven all version of the Jazz. I think 1st gen was ok, 2nd Gen was great, 3rd(current gen) was the worst. This new one looks more like the 2nd gen in shape which is a good thing, but that nose will get some getting used to. Looks better in the Crosstar version albeit a bit like older Honda grills (like 1st gen City).
The interiors look far better than the current gen Jazz. I was testing the premium hatchback cars for my father and amongst the Baleno, i20, Polo and Jazz, I felt the Jazz was the worst. Tinny and poorly made with very average materials and features. Plus whenever, I said to the salesman that i20 has some thing the Jazz didn't, he would say "par wo Hyundai hai..ye Honda hai..hum Hyundai ko hamere rivals mein count bhi nahi karte hai." That was really off putting. Like they were selling an inferior product just because it had the name Honda attached to it.
I hope they bring this version and give it sensible engine/gearbox options and don't price it out like they did with the gen 2.
Amsdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 00:41   #184
Senior - BHPian

The Jazz may not have the nicest interior materials, but the exterior seems structurally stronger than a Baleno or the i20. I doubt the Jazz qualifies to be termed "tinny".
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-srinivasuluhindustandecemberafternoonuprootedhundredscyclonic_db8585c4c07e11e6ba8f5fd7340e4fe2.jpg  

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-enews76edf96df574faab3c7b5ff378ee044c360e6d0e.jpg  

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-_f60ce8d0c05e11e6a797a4443f23308a.jpeg  

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-cyclonetreefall.transfer.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 07:23   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The Jazz may not have the nicest interior materials, but the exterior seems structurally stronger than a Baleno or the i20. I doubt the Jazz qualifies to be termed "tinny".
I did not mean that the Jazz is unsafe. It certainly is not. It is a throughly modern car with lots going for it as well. As you said, it gets better safety rating than both i20 and Baleno and is on par with the Polo, maybe better.

I meant 'tinny" in a feel sort of way. I know this is may be personal, but I drove all of them without any prejudice immediately after one another and the Jazz felt the least well made and Premium of them all to me. It may feel different to others, and that is fine.

The new one surely looks better in that aspect than the current generation though the exterior design is a bit polarising.
Amsdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 16:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

For almost 10 years now I have been reading two contradicting statements on these pages on temabhp.

Statement 1 - These Japanese/Korean cars with their light weight body-shell and thin tinny sheet-metal would crumple like a paper in the event of a crash.

Statement 2- Thick sheet-metal does not mean safe car.

To date, I haven't been able to figure out which statement is correct.
pgsagar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 17:26   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Good one.

The only statement that is unquestionably correct, comes from GNCAP, EuroNCAP, LatinNCAP, AusNCAP, AseaNCAP etc. Unless a car is tested - same probability of fatal outcomes should be assumed for all cars. That's what I do. Just for more peace of mind - one can say heavier the build, probably safer the car. No supporting facts at all.

Its a shame that people don't ask for a certified car and car makers don't feel the need to do so themselves. If a car is engineered safe - getting it certified only enforces the certainty. If a car maker doesn't get their car tested voluntarily but says "Our car is built on a very strong platform & meets all the safety requirements as per law of the land", as a consumer I should suspect they are scared that it will come back with 0 stars.

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st May 2020 at 17:28.
Reinhard is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 18:19   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
For almost 10 years now I have been reading two contradicting statements on these pages on temabhp.

Statement 1 - These Japanese/Korean cars with their light weight body-shell and thin tinny sheet-metal would crumple like a paper in the event of a crash.

Statement 2- Thick sheet-metal does not mean safe car.

It's not complicated. Safety is determined not by sheets but the shell. The shell of some top selling cars itself is so horrible, matched with thin panels bent by even thumbs. Which is why the name 'tin cars'.

See the use of high tensile steel in the shell of these cars and you will be surprised how little of it is used in 2-3 star cars. The thicker sheet is able to withstand everyday dings better. It just happens that the manufacturers who do not skimp on the inside material continue that trend for sheet metals as well. And those who give thin sheet metal use even weaker stuff inside where nobody can see it except in accident.
ani_meher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:04   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Yes I agree. It could do with some squidgy interior materials but they do use soft plastics which are not cheap looking and feeling. That armrest though!

Quote:
Plus whenever, I said to the salesman that i20 has some thing the Jazz didn't, he would say "par wo Hyundai hai..ye Honda hai..hum Hyundai ko hamere rivals mein count bhi nahi karte hai." That was really off putting. Like they were selling an inferior product just because it had the name Honda attached to it.
Yes, they parroted the same thing when I was buying my Jazz. As a global name Honda always had the upper hand in terms of quality but I do see your point that Hyundai has upped its game in the last few years. Still a long way to go for them to establish themselves globally as a brand known for its quality. Won't be long though I gather. Next gen Hyundai models are looking good. The new Sonata is a beauty with those flowing led lights.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd May 2020 at 11:24. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:34   #190
Senior - BHPian

Jazz looks more like an appliance now. Nothing in the design evokes any emotion. But if they can bring the same hybrid drivetrain, I would buy it for office and city commutes.

Maybe putting honeycomb kind of a grill might change the look a bit

Last edited by srishiva : 3rd May 2020 at 11:35.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 11:53   #191
BHPian

Any update on the new Jazz? A dealer confirmed it's getting launched next month. Does anyone know any more info?
Old 13th June 2020, 12:23   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Any update on the new Jazz? A dealer confirmed it's getting launched next month. Does anyone know any more info?
The 2020 Jazz discussed in this thread is likely to skip India and certain SE Asian markets too.
Old 13th June 2020, 12:26   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The 2020 Jazz discussed in this thread is likely to skip India and certain SE Asian markets too.
Would you know when Honda will introduce a hybrid Jazz.
Old 13th June 2020, 12:27   #194
BHPian

My question was about the Indian version of the updated Jazz. Any clarity on it?
Old 13th June 2020, 12:30   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Would you know when Honda will introduce a hybrid Jazz.
No clue on the Hybrid, on a wild guess it could land be in mid 2021. Expect Toyota- Suzuki's hybrid cars to launch earlier.

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th June 2020 at 12:31.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks