Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2018, 08:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

Cruise control in a hatch. Is this a first in the segment?

It's such a useful feature in highways and with the automatic it'll make driving very relaxed. Hoping both variants get it and not just the highest one.

Hopefully the prices will be at a normal level this time. Not sure if any customer would be happy to see their model of car selling at 1 lakh off within three years of purchase.
Old 13th July 2018, 10:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Source: The same birdie who sent me the feature details
Thanks for sharing the details. Do you have any pictures of seat? Does it have adjustable head rests at the rear?
Old 13th July 2018, 10:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Cruise control in a hatch. Is this a first in the segment?
Polo has it on Highline and GT variants. So, not really a first in segment but definitely second in segment if I am not wrong.

This update seems to be a feature alignment to remain relevant rather than a mid life refresh. With trimming of E variant in JAZZ, they are protecting turf for new Amaze.

Amaze misses on leather wraps and top variants for AT all together, Jazz misses on magic seats and AT in Diesel, WR-V gives AT a miss completely. So HONDA customers have to compromise everywhere.

My take of preferences
Petrol AT - Jazz >> New Amaze
Diesel AT - New Amaze >> Jazz
Petrol MT - WR-V >> New Amaze >> Jazz (For sunroof and can't stretch for CITY)
Diesel MT - WR-V >> New Amaze >> Jazz (You get sunroof and same engine specs as CITY at much lesser price)
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 12:15   #64
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
New jazz to not have any styling changes

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...changes-408999

(Turns out this thread title was accurate after all)
Honda should remember such decisions while analyzing why Jazz is not selling well in India.
Old 13th July 2018, 12:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Diesel AT - New Amaze >> Jazz
There is no Jazz Diesel AT
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 14:15   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There is no Jazz Diesel AT
You are correct, that was a typo by me.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 15:58   #67
BHPian

Seeing the way Honda is handling Jazz in India, I am sure that even if we did not have the <1200 cc rule for petrol, Jazz would not be offered in the 1.5 petrol trim. City is too important a product for them and they will not make Jazz good enough that people will consider Jazz over the City.
Old 13th July 2018, 16:25   #68
BHPian

Firstly an overpriced car.
And then they don't even want to bring a proper facelift here in India. Why even bother selling this car here in India. Might as well just discontinue it.

Honda cars are good however not the kind compared to what Honda commands the kind of money. Owned a City which we just sold of last year. I so wish that customers in India seriously realise that other options are available at better price points and steer away from Honda all together. Honda needs to be made aware that they cannot take Indian customers for granted.
wingsoffires is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 16:48   #69
BHPian

Jazz is a good product and I love mine, but it lacks the VFM aspect and that is the primary reason for it not selling. Also, its unique looks especially the side profile(looks bulky at back without spoiler) doesn't give it a universal appeal.

The current top end spoiler gives it somewhat balanced looks from side, however, not a lot of VX models are seen on road. Its inclusion as a standard fitment(Baleno gets it on most of its variants) in the face lift would have given it a better stance and appeal.

With only 3 variants(S,V,VX) I feel the starting price is going to higher and might result in even lesser footfall at showroom.

If this is the way they are going, pricing and marketing for price justification will play a key part e.g. something like comparison charts with competitors
Old 13th July 2018, 18:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the changes to the bumper will get it across the 4M length rule a hence why they didn't bother with it.
Jazz update
Old 15th July 2018, 15:28   #71
BHPian

Thanks for sharing these pictures. Tail lamps really looks cool. Just wondering how much i need to shell out to get these replaced.
Old 15th July 2018, 16:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Carwale talks about new 1.5L petrol engine which produces 130 BHP coming on new Jazz. Possible that the article is a 'copy paste' job from global site.
https://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/jazz-facelift/
Old 17th July 2018, 21:59   #73
BHPian

Got an invite from a Honda Dealership today to participate in the unveiling of the new Jazz at their showroom on Friday, 19th July at 4pm. Thought of sharing this bit of information.

On a side note, I had registered for a test-drive of the Jazz Auto with the dealership a fortnight back, and the guys never turned up at the scheduled time. I too did not bother following up with them, coz had some unexpected work cropping up.
Old 18th July 2018, 12:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Honda India has release a teaser yesterday in their twitter account.
Honda India New Teaser
I think this is for the Jazz facelift with DRL's and LED headlights like the Honda City.
If that's the case, then it will be contrary to the earlier report that the Jazz facelift will not have any styling changes. I think the updated DRLs LED headlights and new tail-lights will add quite a bit of bling and WOW factor to the Jazz and will definitely help with the sales. I hope some Honda India also brings in some of the other styling changes from the international facelift along with 16" Alloys which will make the jazz a very compelling package.

I think with the new updated feature set and the styling changes, Jazz becomes a pretty serious contender in the premium hatchback segment. I think Honda has decided that they can't compete with Maruti on price and they are rightfully positioning the Jazz at the higher end of the premium hatchback segment. Whether they can provide enough features, quality and feel-good factor to justify the premium positioning remains to be seen.

P.S - I think the Jazz diesel might be a very good option for someone looking at the Honda City as it offers the same engine and 6-speed transmission. Actually, with its ample interior and luggage space along with the new updated feature list, the Jazz diesel becomes a serious alternative to someone looking at the C1/C2 diesel sedan.

Last edited by adimicra : 18th July 2018 at 12:40.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 13:17   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Honda India has release a teaser yesterday in their twitter account.
Honda India New Teaser
I think this is for the Jazz facelift with DRL's and LED headlights like the Honda City.
If that's the case, then it will be contrary to the earlier report that the Jazz facelift will not have any styling changes.
The headlights look the same as the current ones to me. Though I'd love the new styling to be carried over to India, I wouldn't get my hopes high just yet, especially when images of the Indian facelift without any styling changes have surfaced online.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 18th July 2018 at 13:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks