Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 10:14   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

Honda has confirmed that the fourth-generation Jazz will see a world premier at the 2019 Tokyo Motor show, next month. The event starts on October 23, 2019.

Source
Old 1st October 2019, 22:37   #122
BHPian

Still wondering if this will be launched here.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-jazz.jpg  

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-imageuploadedbyteambhp1569949574.640870.jpg  

Last edited by amit162 : 1st October 2019 at 23:00. Reason: Image uploaded not clear
amit162 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 15:57   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Front face( partly) of the gen next Jazz spied,

Quote:
This time, there are 3 confirmed individuals (slightly one hidden?), And 4 on the front side are the new “Freed”.
The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-20191008_fit.jpg

Quote:
body color of the new “Fit 4” is “Crystal Black Pearl (or Premium Agat Brown Pearl?)” From the front and “Luna Silver Metallic / Black / Lime Green” in the middle (from A pillar to the roof). And think that it is “Window Blue Metallic” with a new color in the back.
Quote:
The front headlight housing is also larger than the current “Fit 3” and uses a large LED front headlight in addition to the U-shaped LED daytime running light.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th October 2019 at 16:00.
Old 8th October 2019, 17:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Honda has missed the bus with the Jazz; it could have done wonders as Baleno and i20 are doing well in the market. It feels absolutely bald (features wise) when compared to the market leaders and it's Honda that is to blame. They should have given it the 1.5 iVTeC CVT treatment with all the bells and whistles and there would have been takers. Honda priced it high and gave very less features and (removed the magic seats) for that price and the market just ignored it. The new Amaze sedan with the diesel CVT was the final nail in the coffin of Jazz.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 8th October 2019 at 17:16.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 18:29   #125
Senior - BHPian

I could never understand as to why Honda did not even attempt to price the Jazz at par with the Baleno and the i20! The entry level variants of the Baleno and the i20 start at around 6.5 on road whereas the Jazz is close to 7.5! Also the mid and top variants are not well equipped like the i20 and the Baleno. I do not think that the engine was the issue. Baleno and the i20 have smaller 1.2 engines as well. They can still make one last attempt by lowering prices. The Car looks fresh even now.
Old 8th October 2019, 21:03   #126
BHPian

I think they missed the bus with the design itself. Though it has the best in class space, it looks like an MPV, while the other competitors like i20 and Baleno look sporty and have good features. The first gen (in India) Jazz looked way better than the current one in my opinion. This coupled with the high pricing, would always not make it sell well.
Old 8th October 2019, 21:33   #127
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz = Magic Seats for flexibility. Honda shouldn't have limited the magic seats to the top variant. Also, the combination of high pricing and the lack of features competitors offer killed the product.
Honda shouldn't repeat the mistakes this time around.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 21:48   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Honda Jazz = Magic Seats for flexibility. Honda shouldn't have limited the magic seats to the top variant. Also, the combination of high pricing and the lack of features competitors offer killed the product.
Honda shouldn't repeat the mistakes this time around.
Wrong. Honda Jazz <> Magic Seats. There is no magic seat in any of the Jazz variant. I was ready to buy if they offered magic seat and CVT.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 17:42   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Are the magic seats such a deal maker? I understand that it was rather shortsighted on the part of Honda to remove a unique feature. But do fellow forum members really feel that they would use the system frequently enough to justify buying the Jazz over it's competition? I cant think of a single time that I would have wanted the magic seats feature, hence I am curious about the use cases for other forum members.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 17:51   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Are the magic seats such a deal maker...curious about the use cases for other forum members.

Regular use: Sporting equipment on the weekends (e.g. cricket kits). Jazz with magic seats could accommodate bicycles standing up (adult-sized one with front wheel removed, kids size as-is). Very useful for people who need the practicality but don't need/can't afford a large(r) (S)UV.

Occasional uses: Moving large(ish) household stuff or buying a piece of furniture from some obscure thrift shop across town (e.g. a tall standing mirror, a high-backed chair).

Jazz will magic seats had more usable and flexible space options than most C and some D-segment sedans and compact SUVs, in a compact form factor.

A 1.5 CVT with magic seats would probably be the perfect compact car for a lot of value-driven customers.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th October 2019 at 17:56.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 18:08   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Are the magic seats such a deal maker?
Magic seats - flexible, adjustable head rests, and good quality (this is important)
Normal seat - fixed head rests and average quality seats.

Earlier V CVT had normal seats and VX manual had magic seats. During 2018 face lift they offered VX CVT but removed magic seats.

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th October 2019 at 18:12.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 22:08   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

NOW it makes sense to me at least why Honda skipped bringing the new Jazz to India. It was the electronic parking brake!

https://m.indianautosblog.com/electr...-india-p318645

Unsure whether to laugh or cry. This, from a global automobile major which one boasted of the City VTECs, Accord V6 and the sublime Civic.
Old 12th October 2019, 00:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
NOW it makes sense to me at least why Honda skipped bringing the new Jazz to India. It was the electronic parking brake!
Laughable! I think all those manufacturers who don't launch their latest and greatest in India, in line with their global portfolios, are going to take a beating.

Let's take the example of a new entrant like MG. They got their connected car tech. They're launching their ZS EV in India, just a few months after it's UK launch.

Honda should take some initiative. Or they'll just have 1-2 cars left with to compete.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 21:42   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-gen Honda Jazz to be called ‘Honda City Hatchback’ in some markets.

Quote:
multiple trademark filings which suggest that it will be called Honda City Hatchback in some markets, likely those in the ASEAN region. So far, these applications have been made in Laos, the Philippines and Malaysia.
The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-2020hondajazzdocjpegaa05.jpg

Link
Old 14th October 2019, 23:40   #135
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Magic seats - flexible, adjustable head rests, and good quality (this is important)
Normal seat - fixed head rests and average quality seats.

Earlier V CVT had normal seats and VX manual had magic seats. During 2018 face lift they offered VX CVT but removed magic seats.
We selected the JAZZ VX only due to the seat flexibility and the rear seat headrest height adjustment, previously it was only available in VX and now its not available
It's a deal breaker for a lot of people, even the 2008 wagonR VXi comes with a height adjustable rear headrest.
Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed