Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2018, 18:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

I frankly think Jazz deserves the 1.5 IVTEC petrol motor instead of the 1.2 IVTEC to help it differentiate from the competition . The Current Generation Jazz IMO does not feel premium compared to previous Gen Jazz.
karanraheja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 18:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Honda will not bring the next-gen Jazz to India

I think what Honda might do is that they may not invest heavily in the next gen Jazz unless the WRV clicks.

And in any case the Honda city, Jazz, and the WRV are based on the same platform and have a lot of common parts, so it would not cost Honda to build the new gen Jazz when they do launch the 2019/2020 City.

Last edited by motorworks : 5th April 2018 at 19:24.
Old 5th April 2018, 19:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Not sure what to make of it. But one of my friend bought a Jazz and I asked him why didnt he bug the WRV. It makes sense on our roads. The disadvantage with WRV might be the loud design else I personally find it better than Jazz ! But they call this a mini SUV ?
Old 5th April 2018, 21:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
And it carries all the tall plants my wife is forever buying.
Which reminds me of the TV advert from the first generation Jazz in pale Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I frankly think Jazz deserves the 1.5 IVTEC petrol motor instead of the 1.2 IVTEC to help it differentiate from the competition .
I drove the CVT version last weekend, right after my first thryst with the WR-V. The 1.2 iVtec mated to the automatic gearbox felt sufficiently peppy and powerful with 4 adults and 2 children. It's the WR-V that I felt was in dire need of more power, especially at low revs.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 10:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Not sure what to make of it. But one of my friend bought a Jazz and I asked him why didnt he bug the WRV. It makes sense on our roads. The disadvantage with WRV might be the loud design else I personally find it better than Jazz ! But they call this a mini SUV ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
It's the WR-V that I felt was in dire need of more power, especially at low revs.
Because the engine specs (displacement, power, torque) are the same for both cars but WR-V is heavier than Jazz. Check out power, torque and weight ratios below.

Petrol Jazz vs Petrol WR-V

Diesel Jazz vs Diesel WR-V

(Stats courtesy: Team-BHP official reviews)

The heftier WR-V definitely feels underpowered especially when you drive Jazz and WR-V back-to-back. The WR-V also suffers from a terrible bottom end that makes driving experience in city painful. WR-V at least is crying for a more powerful i-VTEC motor.
Attached Images

Last edited by strawhat : 6th April 2018 at 10:33.
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 12:08   #21
BHPian

I own a new Jazz and I can say it is definitely one of the strongest competitor to Baleno/Swift and i20, upto a point where features are not taken into consideration. Once that comes into picture, Jazz falls far behind and that is were it looses teeth to bite competition. Jazz is an international product complying to standards and tastes alike, and if by any chance Honda decides to pull plug on it then we will be left with more and more specially designed for India cars (cheap).

Pros
- Huge glass around for larger cabin feel.
- Hugely spacious than any competition, even comparable to 1 segment above.
- Tall profile definitely helps in easy ingress and egress.
- Magic seats offer nice comfort and flexibility, it even provides 2-step recline mechanism.
- CVT is fuel efficient and responsive for gentle throttle responses.
- Balanced ride and handling.

Cons
- Poor NVH of Diesel and Poor bottom end of Petrol engines.
- Lack of Start/Stop, Keyless entry, Parking sensors, Android Auto/Apple Carplay, Auto -IRVM, Auto headlamps and wipers, 6 airbags, ISOFIX, Pre-Tensioner and Force limiter seatbelts, Led DRLs and Projector headlamps.
- Magic seats only on top VX variant.
- CVT not an option in top VX variant.
- Expensive considering it misses on above mentioned features. Competition provides all of these at comparable or lower price.
- Skinny tyres and no diamond cut alloys
- Niggles in new generation specific to dashboard and rattles.

Desirables
- Sunroof in top variant
- Cruise Control in top variants
- All discs brakes
- 2 airbags, ABS, EBD, ISOFIX and Pre-Tensioners and Force limiter seatbelts as standard
- Magic seats standard.

My guess is Honda is worried about Jazz eating into City sales. City's customers are mostly Urban dwelling population and Jazz will eat a chunk of it if provided with features list. Because in congested cities, Jazz makes a compelling proposition than City.

Honda refraining from providing 1.5 i-vtec is understandable but failure to put features is going to hammer the sales considerably. IMHO W-RV was created to add some features and pseudo SUV looks so that it will tap the market which is just shy of City price point, sales prove that. Updating Jazz in terms of features will surely bring back customers of premium hatchback who otherwise have to go to i20. People are willing to pay a little premium and give Honda one more chance, it surely has brand recall.

Chasing Maruti should not be target, matching and outdoing competition along with brand specific USPs are going to bring footfalls.

Just my two cents!

Last edited by varunswnt : 6th April 2018 at 12:13.
varunswnt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 15:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz Facelift Launch Soon

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180703025537_yog1.jpg

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180703025540_yog3.jpg

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180703025540_yog2.jpg

Quote:
Honda is readying an India launch of its facelifted Jazz premium hatchback, which is expected to take place in the latter half of this month.
Quote:
On the outside, the refreshed Honda Jazz features an all-new front bumper with larger air intake along with a slightly different design for the fog lamp housing. The grille gets styling revisions, too, which now brings it more in line with newer Honda models.
Quote:
At the back, the car gets subtle styling tweaks and its LED tail-lamps get a mild redesign. The alloy wheels get a new design as well, which look a bit similar to the ones seen on the new Amaze. The top-spec trim is expected to get black alloy wheels to make the car look sporty.
Quote:
The Jazz will come with equipment like automatic headlamps and an updated infotainment system which is similar to the one seen in the current-gen Honda City.
Rather than City's, I hope Honda equips it with Digipad 2.0 as seen on Amaze which is much better.

No Diesel CVT for Jazz.

Quote:
Unlike the Amaze, Honda will not offer a diesel-CVT variant on the Jazz hatchback.
Source
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 18:10   #23
BHPian

Honda seems to be better at testing cars when compared to the likes Maruti, Hyundai, Ford etc. The cars hardly get any spy shots.

Jazz update has been long over due. Its feature sets pale in comparison to Hyundai i20 and Baleno, and has the distinction of not offering safety features as standards on its cars.

Pricing will be the key. The primary issue with Jazz is that it is more expensive for Honda to make in comparison to Amaze which is priced close to Dzire. So unlike Maruti, which prices Dzire above Baleno, Jazz is priced above Amaze, hence above both Dzire and Baleno, not leaving it much of chance. If they can price it closer to Baleno, maybe this competent car would get a new lease of life.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 19:01   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Honda seems to be better at testing cars when compared to the likes Maruti, Hyundai, Ford etc. The cars hardly get any spy shots.
Mostly not road tested in India since the cars are already tested for international markets.

They cannot escape spy cameras for so many years if the cars are tested on the roads - no matter how good the disguise is!
Old 3rd July 2018, 20:57   #25
BHPian

Hope honda doesn't skip on basic safety features this time around.
When I was in market for an upgrade to swift, jazz looked promising however I rejected it outright without a test drive when I found that Honda has skipped on pre-tensioners on most variants (I guess petrol variants totally lacked these whereas diesel variants had it only on driver side IIRC).
I picked up the slow seller S-Cross instead!

Last edited by djkher : 3rd July 2018 at 21:04.
djkher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 14:14   #26
BHPian

My take on Jazz Update

Almost for sure
1. Start Stop and Keyless entry
2. Digipad 2.0 with Android Auto and Apple Carplay
3. Reverse Camera along with Reverse Parking Sensors
4. Cruise Control in top variant
5. 2 airbags, ABS EBD, seatbelt pretensioners as standard
6. New Alloys with wider rubber
7. LED DRLs
8. New redesigned bumpers and chrome treatment on face
9. Speed sensing auto door locks

Not so sure
1. Magic seats
2. Adjustable rear headrests
3. ISO FIX childseat anchors
4. CVT in top end variant
5. LED headlights
6. Sunroof
varunswnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 22:22   #27
BHPian

Rumour: Honda will not bring the next-gen Jazz to India

Combo of CVT with Magic seats, Cruise Control, Sunroof, decent ICE will be a killer. But hey! It is Honda India. So, we cannot expect everything on a platter. The biggest drawback of Honda India is not giving the Customer, the features of his choice. If not standard, give it as an option. Customers can definitely wait for couple of weeks for customisation.

Last edited by jaaz : 6th July 2018 at 22:23.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 12:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz Facelift Launch likely on 19th.

My SA at Honda said that Jazz Facelift is likely to launch on 19th July. New Stocks will start arriving next week.

While he wasn't completely sure, he did mention some features which may be made available.

• ABS & EBD will be standard now, Pre Facelift Jazz Petrol E MT & S MT missed them.
  • Like WRV, Expect Push Button Start/Stop.
  • Unlike WRV, Sunroof will likely be given a Miss on Jazz.
  • Digipad 2.0 with Apple Car Play & Android Auto will be present in VX.
  • New Front & Rear Bumper, and front Grille.
  • All Black Interiors are expected on lower variants too.
  • VX might get a CVT Option this time.
  • Slight change in Door & Seat Fabric Expected.
  • Mid Trim SV Variant is likely to be discontinued.
  • Front Center Armrest will be standard.
  • Rear Parking Sensors will be standard.
  • Speed Sensing Door Lock will be added.
  • Cruise Control will be available in CVT variant. Not sure about Manual.
  • Chrome Door Handles will likely be made available on V & VX.
  • Variant Lineup will see a jig. Expect minimal variants. My guess is Petrol will be available in S/V/VX, Petrol CVT - V/VX, Diesel Manual - V/VX.
  • Magic Seats will likely be overlooked. WRV doesn't have them.

Note - The above mentioned features are all speculations, we should wait for official feature list before concluding.

I guess there will be leaks of Jazz Update (e brochure scans, training presentations) in coming days before official launch.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 9th July 2018 at 12:57.
CarguyNish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 13:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

My SA at Honda said that Jazz Facelift is likely to launch on 19th July. New Stocks will start arriving next week.

While he wasn't completely sure, he did mention some features which may be made available.

Note - The above mentioned features are all speculations, we should wait for official feature list before concluding.
Thanks for the heads-up regarding the launch date.

A petrol top-end CVT might be an instant hit, even without the sunroof and the magic seats removed, just for the host of features being presumed to find its way on the VX variant.

Honda better be careful with the pricing though.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 14:35   #30
BHPian

It looks like a decent set of features for the face lift. However I think the absence of magic seats will be a big miss. This was a unique proposition that was unmatched and Honda would do well to retain it.
RedHerring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks