Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 23:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

Quote:
The trims in your list will easily run into the 11-14 lakhs range. I'm not sure if first-time buyers will look beyond the likes of i10 AT or Ignis AMT at 3-5 lakhs lower.
pannags, I believe in dictum what the yuppies buy, the masses and aspirational classes will follow, do not bother that quotes of select varients can cross 11-14 lakh, because these have their place in customer psyche. These prices for top end varients convince a budget-conscious buyer that he isn't buying into a mass market brand. At the same time a double-income aspirational class buyer who needs chic brands with snob value doesn't bat an eyelid when going for CVT top end varients. This is what makes hyundai so successful in India. All categories of buyers find a common space in creta, i20, i10, verna etc.
Old 11th July 2018, 08:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Have they removed rear passenger headrests too from VX? Difference between V & VX appears primarily to be the digipad and its integration. Magic seat removal from VX is shocking. It was always a USP for Jazz. So people who want Magic seat better hurry now to grab last pieces of current VX model.
Magic seats are useful no doubt but could never see too many of the pricey VX variant on road. The V was the most popular variant. It's clear magic seat as a USP didn't work. Jazz needs something as niche like Amaze diesel CVT to differentiate itself from competition. Jazz positioning as a hatchback alternative to WRV seems confused.
Old 11th July 2018, 11:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeln8 View Post
Honda would be advertising the 'signature rear led extended taillight' as one of the key features of VX variant, LoL. This is how it looks like Attachment 1780605

Sorry for the poor quality image.
The rear spoiler is also missing in VX variant now.
Thanks for sharing this image. So is it the time to change out tail lights now and getting these new ones? Surely would be costly from Honda.
Old 11th July 2018, 12:03   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeln8 View Post
Honda would be advertising the 'signature rear led extended taillight' as one of the key features of VX variant, LoL. This is how it looks like Attachment 1780605

Sorry for the poor quality image.
The rear spoiler is also missing in VX variant now.
Those chrome door handles are cringeworthy in the Jazz. They just look so out of place.

Good to see a VX CVT but sad to see magic seats go away. I hope the VX atleast has black interiors and not beige seats like the V.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 12:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
pannags, I believe in dictum what the yuppies buy, the masses and aspirational classes will follow, do not bother that quotes of select varients can cross 11-14 lakh, because these have their place in customer psyche. These prices for top end varients convince a budget-conscious buyer that he isn't buying into a mass market brand. At the same time a double-income aspirational class buyer who needs chic brands with snob value doesn't bat an eyelid when going for CVT top end varients. This is what makes hyundai so successful in India. All categories of buyers find a common space in creta, i20, i10, verna etc.
Yes, it is on expected lines that buying rationale will vary across different strata of consumers. My point was that a large proportion of first time buyers will look for getting maximum bang for the buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Those chrome door handles are cringeworthy in the Jazz. They just look so out of place.

Good to see a VX CVT but sad to see magic seats go away. I hope the VX atleast has black interiors and not beige seats like the V.
We were discussing exactly that a short while ago and it looks like the interiors remain the same in both trims!

Here are variant details from yet another source, Autocar.

EDIT: Apologies. This popped up in my feed, but the source for Autocar is an earlier post in this same thread on Team-BHP!

Last edited by pannags : 11th July 2018 at 12:37. Reason: Corrected source information!
Old 11th July 2018, 14:58   #51
BHPian

UPDATE !!

Just heard the following from a source (has requested anonymity) who had the opportunity to check out the Jazz VX CVT (Petrol),

Verified in person:

1. Front looks exactly same as the current model

2. No DRLs

3. Rear has signature LED tail lamps

4. Car in Red is same as the Amaze, replaces Carnelian Red

5. Only rake adjustment for the steering

6. Arm rest provided for convenience

7. The rectangular HU looks well integrated with physical buttons on the right

8. Push Start button is to the left of the steering wheel

9. Cruise control layout on the steering wheel is exactly same as the City

10. Two USB charging points provided - 1 A and 1.5 A

11. VX comes in beige colour seats only!

12. No magic seats on the VX, and therefore, safe to assume that it is omitted on lower variants

Not verified, only word of mouth:

1. Cruise control only in the VX

2. No magic seats on any variant

3. No Diesel CVT

I'm told that with the exception of Red, it is difficult to make out whether it is the current Jazz or the new one!

Last edited by pannags : 11th July 2018 at 15:22. Reason: Added information
pannags is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 15:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Should have given diesel CVT. Would be game changer like for Amaze. I am afraid with the changes mentioned I don't see any great sales coming Honda's way. Even City should get a diesel CVT soon. As for Jazz I would still prefer a WRV if I want to buy from Honda only.
Old 11th July 2018, 15:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Verified in person:

1. Front looks exactly same as the current model

2. No DRLs

5. Only rake adjustment for the steering
12. No magic seats on the VX, and therefore, safe to assume that it is omitted on lower variants
Disappointed with these, why was there a need to bring a face-lift then? I doubt if this is going to have any impact on the sales. Only way it is going to sell if Honda lower the price of Jazz and undercuts the competition by a fair margin.

Moderators: Can we change the thread heading as it seems a bit misleading as a face-lift is being launched
Old 11th July 2018, 17:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
Disappointed with these, why was there a need to bring a face-lift then? I doubt if this is going to have any impact on the sales. Only way it is going to sell if Honda lower the price of Jazz and undercuts the competition by a fair margin.

Moderators: Can we change the thread heading as it seems a bit misleading as a face-lift is being launched
i still can't believe that there will be no DRLs for the front. It is very common these days. Just look at the baleno with DRLs, how good it looks. i think Honda is doing the opposite and is more focused on the rear LED chunk. The facelifted City has got DRLs which are hard to get noticed in the bright sunlight, the illumination is more prominent at the corners.

i do agree with Rish_arora that it's not going to make any impact on the sales numbers.
Even if the colour offering is right, hardly there are any sporty colour for such a wonderful car. All sober colours.
when are we going to see the BLUES.
jazzy47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 12:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Any pointers on the following from people who have seen the car in flesh:

1. Is it Dual airbags all throughout the range for all trims or does the VX get side + curtain airbags?

2. Also, does the face-lift have subtle differences & look like what has been posted by @CarguyNish or is it externally same panel by panel with the outgoing edition as mentioned by @pannags

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Honda Jazz Facelift Launch Soon

Attachment 1777709

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
UPDATE !!

I'm told that with the exception of Red, it is difficult to make out whether it is the current Jazz or the new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
Only way it is going to sell if Honda lower the price of Jazz and undercuts the competition by a fair margin.
Highly doubt that facelift Jazz price shall undercut the competition, as Honda is already planning to hike the prices of all models as in news.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-to-...t-2018-1880401
Old 12th July 2018, 14:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Any pointers on the following from people who have seen the car in flesh:

1. Is it Dual airbags all throughout the range for all trims or does the VX get side + curtain airbags?

2. Also, does the face-lift have subtle differences & look like what has been posted by @CarguyNish or is it externally same panel by panel with the outgoing edition as mentioned by @pannags

Highly doubt that facelift Jazz price shall undercut the competition, as Honda is already planning to hike the prices of all models as in news.
The source I got information from saw three cars, all of which were VX CVTs, and therefore, not sure if the safety kit is similar on lower variants. He did not mention anything about curtain airbags.

The looks, he said, are eerily similar to the outgoing Jazz. He had to chance to compare the old and new, since they were parked next to each other, and the only difference was with the LED tail lamps, and not the panel.

I think Honda may price the top end CVT petrol in the range of 9.2-9.4 lakhs, ex-factory, what with an added cruise control system and the Digipad 2.0 making their way in.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 15:19   #57
BANNED

I for one, in two years will be interested in a Jazz with decent AT. Since my wife and I will both drive it an AT is a given. She does not drive a MT.
Old 12th July 2018, 15:31   #58
BHPian

New jazz to not have any styling changes

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...changes-408999

(Turns out this thread title was accurate after all)
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 16:43   #59
BHPian

In summary, this is an mid-cycle refresh/realignment, and that's probably why Honda did not/is not making too much noice

For those who were sitting on the fence for want of a decent HU with Navigation and Cruise Control, this update will indeed sound like music.

Most of what has changed is right here:

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-jazzinterior.jpg

A close-up of the steering - nice leather wrapping; cruise control is exactly like on the City

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-steering.jpg

The LED tail lamp cluster:

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-jazztaillamps.jpg

VX Badging without CVT badging

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-badging.jpg

Source: The same birdie who sent me the feature details

Last edited by pannags : 12th July 2018 at 17:13. Reason: Received a couple of pics in addition
pannags is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 07:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

I got to say this - Honda India was never very enthusiastic about selling the Jazz here but now ther laziness has gone to another level. The international facelift had only minor styling changes to the bumpers, grill etc. which made the car look better, particularly I liked the changes to the rear bumper. Now, Honda India has decided not to bring those changes because it does not make economic sense. It seems Honda India is run by a super-greedy and dumb management who does not have any sense of the ground realities.First, they ditched the HRV which was a classy product and now this. It seems they are only focused on third-world specific models for India where they can earn huge margins.
adimicra is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed