Old 18th July 2018, 18:21   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

Teaser to the Jazz Face-lift?

The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz-h.jpg
Old 18th July 2018, 22:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

The title of this thread seems misleading now, as it is close to new Jazz’s launch is around the corner. Shouldn’t it be changed?
agbenny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 22:27   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
The title of this thread seems misleading now, as it is close to new Jazz’s launch is around the corner. Shouldn’t it be changed?
Thread was about the next generation of Jazz, which is still being developed. City based on that platform should arrive by 2020, but the Jazz itself may not.

The current launch is only a midlife facelift of the present generation.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 23:56   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thread was about the next generation of Jazz, which is still being developed. City based on that platform should arrive by 2020, but the Jazz itself may not.
Given that the WR-V (which is essentially a Jazz that's Jazzed up (pun unintended)) sells reasonably well, I'm sure Honda would want to continue with its second generation which would fundamentally be the fourth generation Jazz.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 19th July 2018 at 00:01.
Old 19th July 2018, 08:52   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

The current launch is only a midlife facelift of the present generation.
I got it.
But, Isn't too early to predict?

Honda doesn't give up India easily. Past history speaks for that. They are good at relaunches. They are the first at Hybrid attempts in the Indian market. I believe, 2020 has way too long to predict, Jazz could even get its Electric version.
Old 19th July 2018, 11:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

If anyone is attending the launch today, please do post some pictures & commentary, especially of the speculated features which are going to be added / deleted (LED lights / DRL, magic seats, rear adjustable headrests etc.)
Old 19th July 2018, 11:23   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If anyone is attending the launch today, please do post some pictures & commentary, especially of the speculated features which are going to be added / deleted (LED lights / DRL, magic seats, rear adjustable headrests etc.)
Here you go, a detailed look of Updated 2018 Honda Jazz in VX trim by Gyani Enough.

No Magic Seats, No DRLs, No Height Adjustable Rear Headrests. No LED Headlights, No Styling Changes, No Split Seats, No New Design Alloys. The list goes on...
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 11:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Here you go, a detailed look of Updated 2018 Honda Jazz in VX trim by Gyani Enough.

No Magic Seats, No DRLs, No Height Adjustable Rear Headrests. No LED Headlights, No Styling Changes, No Split Seats, No New Design Alloys. The list goes on...
So here you go Honda. What you get now in VX model is absolute nothing. Basically it's not a facelift but a facedown in my opninon. They have removed the only USP of the VX model (Magic Seats) and instead provided a keyless entry and a button to start your car. Seriously disappointed. I own a V CVT model and feeling now that I haven't missed anything apart from some gimmicks.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 11:51   #84
AYP
Senior - BHPian

So basically Honda has launched the Jazz in 2018 as it should have been launched in 2015 and has still managed to take away the magic seats. That being said, other than the missing projectors and DRLs, the Jazz is right there with the Baleno and the i20 when it comes to features on offer. No longer will people complain about the lack of features on the Jazz. Cruise control though, is a bonus.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 11:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So the new VX AT is essentially the current gen V AT plus digipad 2 !
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 11:54   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Totally fail to understand this strategy!

There are zillions of snazzy Jazzes running around SE Asia and we get this dull excuse of a 'face-lift'. One of the truly global small cars to come to India and look what Honda India is doing to it :-(
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 12:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
As you rightly mentioned, there is no stopping the NO list. Waiting for features updated in MT variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
So basically Honda has launched the Jazz in 2018 as it should have been launched in 2015
You have put it out correctly, this is what it should have been launched with as these are bare minimum features for premium hatchbacks. Now imagine with these features missing, how expensive was Jazz earlier compared to competition.

Atleast, they should have continued with Magic seats, Grey and black interior scheme and Roof Spoiler in VX. New features are welcome addition, but still more needs to be done to make this no brainer choice for masses.
varunswnt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 12:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

LOL, I guess I was expecting Honda India would correct some of their mistakes with this facelift but that turned out to be pure wishful thinking on my part.

It's pretty clear Honda India is not keen on selling the Jazz in India. May be the margins are not working out or some reason better known to them. There is something wrong with Honda or Toyota in India that they are not able to competitively price their global products. It's very clear that Honda India will be relying on the Amaze platform for cars <10L.

As regards to the Jazz, I don't think magic seats was actually a USP and helping the sales. As much as I appreciate them, I don't think majority of the people are willing to pay a premium for those. But what is inexplicable is removing the rear headrest and split seats which are available in many cars.

As someone said, the features added in this facelift should have been there when the Jazz was launched in 2015 because most of the features have been present in competitor cars since quite some time. I guess Cruise control is the only differentiating feature.

Even after the facelift, Jazz loses out on quite a few features compared to say a Baleno which has been launched 2 years back like - DRLs. projectors, adjustable headrests, split seats, auto headlamps, auto dimming IVRMs, 16 inch wheels etc. It's really sad to see how Honda treated such a nice car in India.

Last edited by adimicra : 19th July 2018 at 12:29.
Old 19th July 2018, 12:34   #89
BHPian

I think it makes sense for buyers interested in the Jazz to pick up the current version at the available discounts rather than wait for this "facelift".
RedHerring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 12:44   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

There are so many people who wonder what their first car should be, who have a certain budget restriction and need a fuel efficient, automatic car which is also big enough to fit their kids in the back and easy egress/ingress for parents for the city drives or even longer drives where all the views can be taken in via the large glass area in the car.. I think the Jazz is a no-brainer in that situation, it is a jack of all and master of none.

I almost thought the Jazz was the IT car a few years ago to replace the Getz.. but literally the first minute sitting in that quirky interior (first gen) had me leap out and never think about it again.

Its a decent car now.. looks neutral, absolutely spacious, fuel efficient, reliable and good glass area. I'd pick this any day over the Baleno. Only wish Honda moved away from their quirky dashboard layouts and made a more conservative, omnibalanced and more European interior, their sales might treble if so. The Jazz is the true family car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks