Team-BHP - Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/197627-want-give-away-my-fiat-palio-gtx-edit-bhpian-takes-delivery.html)

I know, it is a day late for a date. Yes she is old too, but spirited enough to shame most young ones.

Not sure this is the right forum, but this is not exactly a sale and I don't where this will fit better.

I have a GTX SP PS (If there is a legendary Palio rarer than the S10, this is it) lying unused. Single user, done about 65k. This was the 1st or 2nd Palio booked from Bangalore. It was not the first to be delivered though as Fiat was as surprised with the order, that they took time to digest it. No major repairs. Does have its share of blemishes from Bangalore traffic.

This is a car that deserves to be restored, waiting for its time to become a classic. However, I'm not in a position to do it and I'd hate to scrap it. Is there any Fiat enthusiast in Bangalore up for it?

Only two conditions: Restore it with the love it deserves. And I do insist that the documentation be taken care of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlg (Post 4357719)
I know, it is a day late for a date. Yes she is old too, but spirited enough to shame most young ones.

I have a GTX SP PS (If there is a legendary Palio rarer than the S10, this is it) lying unused. Single user, done about 65k.

Many thanks to rlg for handing me such a beautifully maintained Vehicle! Car was picked up by me on the 23rd of February. It's basically in brand new condition! Except for some minor dents and scratches. Pictures to follow.

Here are some pictures of the Car being towed to the garage from rlg's place.

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.03.47-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.03.54-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.03.55-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.03.57-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.03.58-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.03.59-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.04.00-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.04.01-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.04.02-pm.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.04.03-pm-1.jpeg

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180223-1.04.03-pm.jpeg

Here is what it looks like now after a general service. Changed all oils, belts.
Driving it down to Dharwad. On the way somewhere nearby to Tumkur.

Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-whatsapp-image-20180326-4.43.51-pm.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micki9559 (Post 4379895)
Here is what it looks like now after a general service. Changed all oils, belts.
Driving it down to Dharwad. On the way somewhere nearby to Tumkur.

:thumbs up:thumbs up
Great to see the car back in action. May be you should start an ownership thread too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlg (Post 4357719)
Only two conditions: Restore it with the love it deserves. And I do insist that the documentation be taken care of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micki9559 (Post 4379890)
Many thanks to rlg for handing me such a beautifully maintained Vehicle!

This is just amazing! The true power of this community. Moving your posts to a new thread :thumbs up.

What a beautiful ending. And a new beginning. The strength of the Team BHP bond.

What a beautiful ending to a beautiful car, almost rivals Karan Johar movies. I am sure you will love every drive in the GTX.

I am myself an owner of the 2003 Fiat Palio GTX and restored in 2015 at 4 times its market value, but never once I felt its not worth it. We got so comfortable with the car that we din't think of buying another car for almost 5 years.

Though I bought a Duster last year, the GTX is with me and will remain as a classic. Only if fiat could supply the spares.

Regards

Wow- this is such a sweet ending. Its an amazing car -dare say one of the best driver's car in India and look forward to the restoration story. Congrats to both !

Such a happy ending (or restart should I say) for a lovely car. Both the erstwhile and present owners seem content with the overall exchange of hands. The power of TBHP community!!

Congratulations to both rlg and Micki9559. clap:

Looking forward to hear stories of the escapades with the GTX.

These kinds of post make my days awesome. :D

Cheers!
Pratyush

Kudos for the gesture.Hope the car sees many more miles with love and care.

Thank you everybody! But the true thanks are due to rlg for maintaining it painstakingly. Every damn thing on the car works the way it did when it was new! The cabin is so well insulated, that you won't even know that the Car is running!! @rlg Hats off to you!!
Finding a Palio GTX, that too an SP in this state in this age is impossible. And to top it off, he gave it to me for free! He also has a few parts that he gave along with the car that he had bought thinking that he would restore it, but sadly couldn't. There are a few hiccups that I am facing with the Car now, but still it's well worth it! Pics to follow as and when I start the restoration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4383766)
This is just amazing! The true power of this community. Moving your posts to a new thread :thumbs up.

Thank you for creating a new thread GTO! Yes, the Power of the Tbhp Community is by far the best thing that's keeping true Automobile fans connected in a way that is impossible to imagine!!

For us petrolheads there are some cars from the past that never get old, and at heart we always wish to own and drive such cars no matter how many new cars make their name in the market. For me, the Palio GTX is such a car followed by the Baleno 1.6. Congratulations to Micki9559, give her the love and care that a mother would to her child and wish you many happy miles with this beast :)

Cheers.

Guess who is waiting with bated breath for the restoration details :D

Glad to hear the good words from you Micki9559. "Well maintained" is an oxymoron in this case. Especially during the Tata service days, I realised it is better to strictly follow the maxim "Don't fix what ain't broke".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micki9559 (Post 4379890)
Many thanks to rlg for handing me such a beautifully maintained Vehicle! Car was picked up by me on the 23rd of February. It's basically in brand new condition! Except for some minor dents and scratches

Wow, things like this makes us realize the strength of the Team-BHP bond. Eagerly waiting for the restoration, I am sure she will be brought back to showroom condition. One suggestion from my side is that if you are able to find the "You are following the car of the year 2002" sticker, which was pasted on the rear glass, please put that sticker back. One of the best advertorial stickers that I have come across.

Also, if possible can we have some interior photos. I am interested in seeing the airbag equipped steering, which I believe was slightly different in shape than the normal Palio steering.

Congrats on the priceless possession!

Looks like car info app decided to give it a price.
Want to give away my Fiat Palio GTX. EDIT: BHPian takes delivery-imageuploadedbyteambhp1523380181.272493.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser (Post 4384449)
Congrats on the priceless possession!

Looks like car info app decided to give it a price.Attachment 1750470

Thanks! An Apt price at that! The car itself is priceless though!!