Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 15:20   #121
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Baleno Facelift, now launched @ 5.45 lakhs

Have booked the New Baleno Delta in Premium Silver shade. dealer has confirmed availability of the car in stock (manufacturing month: Jan 2019) and I am expecting the delivery by end of this week.

The price of Delta has gone up by ~10K as compare to the pre-facelift version and it is grabbing lot of attention at dealerships due to LED projectors & LED light assist (these are not DRLs).

Sadly, no fog lamps are available as an accessory yet and the fog lamps for previous generation cannot be fitted in the new housing, rest all accessory list remains same.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th April 2019 at 14:28. Reason: edited
Old 6th February 2019, 14:33   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
I believe they are the same dimensions as per those pics. I'm one of those guys who is sitting on the fence to take a plunge and slap on those headlights on my Delta. But I doubt they would cost 10k for a pair. I would rather believe it would be 10k per side. But it would still be better than the 18k per side Bi-Xenon HID.

If they do sell it for anything less than 20k, I might just take the plunge and give my car a new look.
They should be less. Remember they are just projectors and not bi-xenons like the Alpha. Even Ciaz projector headlights (old Ciaz) cost just around 4k a piece. New Ciaz with DRL though is 21k a piece. I am doubtful if Maruti would ever put a 40k a pair headlights in lower models.
Old 14th February 2019, 00:00   #123
BHPian

This facelift was a great opportunity for Maruti to provide Baleno with Rear AC vents and match with i20. The S-Cross and Brezza don't get it either. Only the Dzire gets it.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:17   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
They should be less. Remember they are just projectors and not bi-xenons like the Alpha. Even Ciaz projector headlights (old Ciaz) cost just around 4k a piece. New Ciaz with DRL though is 21k a piece. I am doubtful if Maruti would ever put a 40k a pair headlights in lower models.
They will cost more. They are bi-function (low/high) LED projectors with LED DRLS. The older Ciaz had low beam only halogen projectors and reflectors for high beam. Also wiring will be different. It won’t be a plug and play fit.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 21:52   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno facelift review:

Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 22:29   #126
BHPian

Maruti Baleno ABS software to be inspected – Free service campaign recall

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has announced that it has started a free service campaign to inspect and update ABS actuator software on 3,757 units of Baleno premium hatchback. The campaign involves cars which were manufactured between December 6, 2018 to February 4, 2019.
Be it a recall or service campaign, the owners of affected batch of cars would be contacted by their local dealers. The cars’ ABS actuator software code will be inspected and updated.
Source: Rushlane
Old 8th April 2019, 21:34   #127
Senior - BHPian

Test drove updated Baleno Alpha CVT today. Observations:

+ Feature-wise it's right up there except for the rear AC vents.
+ Space is almost comparable to Jazz.
+ UV-cut glass is such a wonderful thing to have. Wonder why other manufacturers can't think of such useful features. No wonder Maruti is able to relate to indian crowd better than anyone else.

- Strangely I found the Rubberband effect more pronounced in Baleno compared to both Elite i20 and Jazz CVT. Sports mode made it slightly better but not close to Jazz with the paddle shifters.
- Build quality as expected felt inferior to i20 and Jazz. Make no mistake Jazz is no tank in terms of metal quality either, but the doors in Baleno felt lighter.
- It couldn't hold the car on slopes and one needs to use brake/handbrake & accelerator in tandem to climb up from standstill if the slope is a little steep. Jazz and i20 were better in this IIRC. Need to check this again on the other two .

Overall it's not hard to understand why Baleno sells so much. But I am not happy with the CVT box's behaviour. It felt worse than the i20 CVT which was not expected at all. Bangalore OTR is almost 11L on road making it neck on neck with the i20 and Jazz. Specially with Jazz running discounts in tune of 70k+ it's actually 30-40k cheaper than competition although with lack of projectors/DRL/Rear Adjustable headrests it never deserved the initial asking price

Last edited by navin : 30th April 2019 at 14:33. Reason: typo
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 10:24   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
- Build quality as expected felt inferior to i20 and Jazz. Make no mistake Jazz is no tank in terms of metal quality either, but the doors in Baleno felt lighter...
Not that they need any more market dominance, but if Baleno was built even slightly better (say modern-day Honda or Ford levels, who are no benchmarks to begin with), they could potentially mop up even the few customers that walk away for that reason and be a monopoly.

During my TD last month, one red specimen got two rather large 'parking lot bump' dimples on the left rear passenger door just while taking it from the lot and moving it to the ceremonial delivery bay. I was conflicted between hoping the customer does a final walkaround and notices it, or that he doesn't and saves his big occasion being ruined.

That car is a more complete product than anything else it competes with, in every other aspect.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:36   #129
Senior - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...25-lakh-412429

I don't see the Maruti website updated, there's no mention there of this Dualjet.
Old 30th September 2020, 16:28   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It will ditch the 1.3L MJD in favour of Suzuki's new in-house 1.5L diesel.
The 1.3 has been ditched but there is still no sign of the 1.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
1. Ciaz and Ertiga are supposed to come before this. What engine will they carry? 1.3 / 1.5?
The 1.5 was used. They called it BS6 ready. However its been a which that BS6 has come into force and they are still unable convert it from BS6 ready to actually BS6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
I think with a 1.5L engine, this small car can be a hoot to drive!
It sure will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Baleno facelift to come in early 2019.
That has happened but the Diesel has not yet arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Face-lifted Baleno has alloys identical to Ertiga wheel caps
The pre-facelift ones was nothing great but the new ones are just yuck. Don't know what's this big hype about "Diamond Cut". All manufacturers started it and all look crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

And why cant Maruti provide the export version 16" alloys at-least now. Looks best for a non-Diamond cut one and yet elegant.
These and the Ciaz alloys look really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
a) The alloys in the facelift is just boring and too bling.
+1

Quote:
You could have given us the 16" version of the Ignis alloys.
I'd prefer the Ciaz pattern.

Quote:
b) Flat bottom steering wheel from Swift would have really transformed the interiors.
+1 again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Seems like the 1.5 diesel was just a myth!
MS has no interest in letting go off the 1.3 Multijet.
Well they did let go of the 1.3. But they are too arrogant to accept the fact that their so called brilliant engineers are not capable of making the "BS6 ready" 1.5 into a BS6 engine. Maybe the "BS6 Ready" was actually a load of BS to fool people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby GT View Post
What is the difference between LED DRLs in Alpha variant and LED LIGHT GUIDE in Delta and Zeta variants?
I'm still trying to figure out that. No one including the sales guys can explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
This facelift was a great opportunity for Maruti to provide Baleno with Rear AC vents and match with i20. The S-Cross and Brezza don't get it either. Only the Dzire gets it.
@Leoshashi - Anything from any other model that can be retrofitted?

I'm still hoping those engineers can someday figure out how to make the 1.5 BS6 compliant and Maruti puts it into the Baleno.

Most Viewed