Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2018, 13:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
I am not trying to pick a fight here, but honestly your brake parts are wearing out at an alarming rate! That is why I only spoke about the first two points and not the rest because I agree with your other points.
On average the pads and rotors should last a little more than double of what life you are getting.
I second that, my car is closing in on 39000kms and I have heavy usage in all sorts of traffic and highway, I replaced my brake pads at 27200 Kms with those from brembo and have never had to replace my car's discs and never been advised to do so by VW service centers.I have to take my car for a service next month, if then it turns out to have worn out is a different matter.
The famous vibration on steering wheel due to rotors occured in my car at 13xxx Kms in November 2016 but was addressed by VW immediately and they also did alignment​ and balancing and some adjustment after which it never recurred. So yeah, I feel your car is showing early wear and tear, don't know your driving style but since a lot of owners rip apart their GT's, they are fine with early wear of parts.
Old 27th April 2018, 19:32   #32
BHPian

Re: India-made VW Polo VRS with 140 hp launched in Indonesia

Yummy! The 140 BHP 230 NM on a sub-ton Polo vRS hatch will be really H-O-T. Just for comparison, my Octy vRS mk1 which made 150 BHP 210 NM.

The Polo vRS desperately needs rear discs if it has to STOP!
Old 30th April 2018, 14:11   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo VRs Video:

Old 3rd May 2018, 08:52   #34
BHPian

The global Polo is based on the MQB A0 platform and is quite expensive to bring it to the India market unless they get the IN variant and churn out volumes, but that would take 2 more yrs...

Perhaps, makes sense for VW to introduce this vRS model as a stop gap until they can get the MQB A0 IN here, no point bringing the GTI at 25L ex-showroom, it would be DOA.

Edit: VW, pls fit rear discs and stiffer/better suspension if you decide to launch the Polo vRS in India

Last edited by AirWind : 3rd May 2018 at 08:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks