Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2019, 14:32   #136
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
High RPM shifting at low speeds was a problem in my Endeavour too but it was greatly addressed with the last software update.
When was the last update performed. Was that both TCM as well as PCM or just PCM. The last I performed was around Oct 2018 from AMK to AMM (PCM version). They did not touch TCM.
Old 15th May 2019, 07:43   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
When was the last update performed. Was that both TCM as well as PCM or just PCM. The last I performed was around Oct 2018 from AMK to AMM (PCM version). They did not touch TCM.
Not sure of the updates to 2.2 but the last update for the PCM of 3.2 to ANN was in June 2018. For me, the update of August 2017 (ANK) itself improved the shifts and engine response. Despite checking, I never received a TCM update or update to any other module.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 16:13   #138
BHPian

Here's a quick bit of news. Ford has most probably taken a hint from Tata and deleted a small, but important feature from the 2019 Endeavour 3.2 AT.

Remember the amber light that used to glow on the P-R-N-D lettering next to the gear shift lever? Those letters apparently don't glow anymore since Ford has decided to delete the bulb and save a few pennies.

On pointing out, my sales advisor was adamant that all the 2019 Endeavours in his showroom do not have this and that this is not a defect.

I found the glow on the letters particularly helpful as I intuitively looked at what I'm selecting by looking down. And now, I have to look in the dash which is absolutely non-intuitive.

As per reports here, this is also the case with Ford Escapes in other markets.

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-fordendeavourgear.jpg

Can someone else confirm/refute this is in fact a deleted feature in the 2019 Endeavour.
rovingeye is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 16:11   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Here's a quick bit of news. Ford has most probably taken a hint from Tata and deleted a small, but important feature from the 2019 Endeavour 3.2 AT.

Remember the amber light that used to glow on the P-R-N-D lettering next to the gear shift lever? Those letters apparently don't glow anymore since Ford has decided to delete the bulb and save a few pennies.

On pointing out, my sales advisor was adamant that all the 2019 Endeavours in his showroom do not have this and that this is not a defect.

Can someone else confirm/refute this is in fact a deleted feature in the 2019 Endeavour.
I went to Harpreet Ford today to check on the status of my Endeavour delivery etc.

I can confirm that all 2019 facelift models have had this feature deleted by Ford.

I rechecked in the test drive vehicle that was parked there and does not glow even with the headlights on.

Really silly omission by Ford in my humble opinion..
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 17:40   #140
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Endeavour Facelift Report has been taken live at this link (2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review). Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Really silly omission by Ford in my humble opinion..
Deletion of features is currently an in-thing at Ford. To be honest, most makers have been accused of doing it recently. But Ford has been implementing it far more frequently. Ask any prospective EcoSport buyer now and they will take off. It's sad because Endeavour and EcoSport are really the only vehicles earning bread and butter for Ford in India.

What is worse than feature deletion is silent feature deletion. Such tactics leave a sour taste.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2019 at 14:30. Reason: Link to facelift report
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks