Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2019, 12:38   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Considering the gearbox and engine are the same as the old one, I am hoping old Endeavour can also get the same with a PCM and TCM update. Hope there are no other factors(hardware or software) limiting old ones from getting the update. The frustrating low speed gear change delay is the only irritant in an otherwise brilliant car. I have a 2.2 Auto and struggle everday
Let's see. If that was just a firmware upgrade, Ford should have given this update long time back as this was one of the heavy weighted feedback from lot of customers.
Old 13th March 2019, 12:48   #122
BHPian

2019 Ford Endeavour facelift accessories pricing revealed

Ford dealerships are offering a whole host of accessories with the SUV. Here’s the list of accessories, along with their prices.

INTERIOR
Rear-seat entertainment system (1 piece) – Rs 22,000
Rear-seat entertainment system (2 pieces) – Rs 40,000
Illuminated scuff plates – Rs 11,900
Cargo cover – Rs 11,600
Sunshades – Rs 6,600
Transparent floor mats – Rs 1,200

EXTERIOR
Hurricane pack (plastic body cladding) – Rs 38,000
Teflon coating – Rs 12,000
Anti-rust coating – Rs 6,000
Slimline weather shields – Rs 5,800
Premium body cover – Rs 4,370
Body graphics – Rs 3,800
Body cover – Rs 2,050

OTHER
Thermocooler – Rs 15,000
GPS tracker – Rs 12,500
Air pump + Vacuum cleaner – Rs 3,800
Ashtray – Rs 1,100

Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 13th March 2019 at 12:51.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 17:16   #123
BHPian

Is it possible to get the Hurricane pack on old model?
Old 13th March 2019, 21:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post

2019 Ford Endeavour facelift accessories pricing revealed

Source
The Ford India website mentions the price of the Hurricane Pack as Rs. 64,692/- instead of Rs. 38,000/-. Further some accessories like Snorkel and Bonnet protector are missing in the list.
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy_hpack.jpg
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 14:52   #125
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Got a chance to see and drive the facelift at the Great Endeavour Drive in NCR. The ride felt a bit more soft than before with the bumps on the track feeling better cushioned.
Spot on, man . Took the Endeavour out for breakfast and my opinion is the same as yours. The suspension felt noticeably softer than what I remember of the Endeavour. This has resulted in a really nicer riding experience in the city; it's very comfortable and takes bumps well. Pretty much as good as things can get for a body-on-frame (it's no monocoque Duster though). On the other hand, this softness has chipped away some of the high speed dynamics. The Endeavour felt distinctly top-heavier & had more body roll in the corners. Noticed the same in 80 - 100 kmph lane changes too. At high speed, it did feel a bit floaty on wavy / undulating roads.

Most customers will prefer this cushiony ride quality. I'll take it over the Fortuner's suspension for sure. But I prefer the overall behaviour & setup of the pre-facelift. IMO, Ford's gone a level too soft for those who will use the car as a highway express. Good for those driving primarily in the city, not so for expressway champions.

Still my favourite SUV in this price range (along with the Kodiaq):
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-20190406-11.03.34.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2019 at 08:41.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 12:07   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
IMO, Ford's gone a level too soft for those who will use the car as a highway express. Good for those driving primarily in the city, not so for expressway champions.
Though the Endeavour and some variants of Everest are offered with 18" wheels, the suspension of the facelift seems to be tuned primarily considering the 20" wheels in mind. The shorter sidewall with 20" wheels might help with improved highway manners while the softer suspension filtering the sharp bumps. Ironically, that's the opposite I had done with the upsize for primarily increasing the sidewall in my pre-facelift truck for added comfort.

Look forward to your detailed perspective of the facelift
A.G. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 22:02   #127
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Still my favourite SUV in this price range (along with the Kodiaq):
Attachment 1866109
Curious: I thought the Kodiaq had relatively poor offroad abilities, compared to the others in this segment. Is it one of your favs for other reasons or is my impression about the Kodiaq's offroading abilities mistaken?
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:11   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Just like the last time when i wanted to Test Drive the Endeavour 3.2 and even after chasing dealers here in Mumbai, I was not able to.
Pretty strange. A quote from the carwale app for any Ford vehicle in bangalore gives a 10x better response from all 3 dealers than directly pursuing them on website/mobile. Maybe you could try this too, as the sales GM's are pinged on their dashboards for a sales query.

Why would any dealer refrain from billing a customer 40 big ones, unless there's another Figo type fiasco going on in Ford's plant in chennai.
Old 9th May 2019, 14:15   #129
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I finally took the plunge back in March and got home a Red Ford Endeavour facelift on 29 March 2019.
Have covered 2200 kms since now and following is my take (had XUV previously, so comparing to that)-

Likes -
1. New grille looks better than old. Car looks good form all angles and has terrific road presence.
2. Punchy engine with decent gearbox. Gets to good speeds quickly.
3. Plush ride quality and great handling with the superb steering feel.
Rides much better than XUV at lower speeds and can almost carry the same speed into corners, which I did not think was possible considering the height of the vehicle.
4. Commanding view and auto box making this a breeze to drive in city or highway.
5. Tons of useful features and great safety ratings, which are already discussed. Loved the panaromic Sunroof. Use the moonroof frequently.
6. Can actually seat 7 folks with their weekend luggage. Sliding middle row has very good range of travel and middle row vs last row can be optimized as required.
Have tried and can vouch for it. With XUV, it was either 7 seats or luggage. Ended up using 6 seats + luggage mostly. With endy reunited with that 7 family member we used to leave behind
7. Powerful AC cools cabin in no time even with moonroof opened.

Dislikes -
1. Access to last row is horrible. Seats are decent once settled in. They should have solved it in facelift.
2. Engines revs too much in 1st and 2nd gear. It gets noisy, feels strained and is slow till 40 kmph. After which it suddenly transforms to being smooth and refined.
3. Low fuel FE, which was already known. Getting 8.5 km/l in heavy Bangalore traffic and 11 on highways, which is not too bad.

Mods -
1. Changed the tyres to Yokohama Geolander G015 immediately after delivery. These tyres are very quiet and adds the plushness to the ride quality.
Tyre pressure has remained exactly the same since I got them on. This is as per TPMS, but still its a good thing.
2. Entire car is covered in 3M PPF. Had got this on my XUV as well and it has served me well.
3. Mats from Aliexpress yet to arrive, same as the one many have got in this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-95.html (Ford Endeavour : Official Review)

Overall, really happy with my Endeavour and addicted to driving it.
Attaching some random pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190509-1.39.51-pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190509-1.41.18-pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190509-2.08.05-pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190509-2.08.05-pm-1.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190509-2.08.05-pm-2.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190509-2.08.05-pm-3.jpeg  

Aniket6 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 14:41   #130
Senior - BHPian

The Car looks great !

What did it cost for the whole car to be coated in PPF?
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 15:12   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hi Guys,
I finally took the plunge back in March and got home a Red Ford Endeavour facelift on 29 March 2019.

What a looker you got yourself Aniket. Many congratulations and wish you many thousands of happy miles!!

(I am so jealous right now.)
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 15:25   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Overall, really happy with my Endeavour and addicted to driving it.
Congratulations on the Endeavour! This is car sure is a brute!
Wishing you many happy miles with it.

OT: Couldn't help but notice. When you got your tires changed, the jack seems to be mounted under the A-arm. Is that where the car is supposed to be jacked? Isn't there a specific jack mount location on the frame right behind the front tire? Just curious!
arijitkanrar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 16:16   #133
BHPian

Quote:
2. Engines revs too much in 1st and 2nd gear. It gets noisy, feels strained and is slow till 40 kmph. After which it suddenly transforms to being smooth and refined.

So this main flaw is retained on the new model as well. People who tested the new model mentioned the gearbox is faster in changing gears compared to previous(2016-2018) model. Think the car they tested had a transmission which had its auto-learn memory flushed or new. Only on such conditions do the gearbox feel slightly better.

I have a 2.2(2018) but has the same traits you mentioned(feeling strained and high rpm). I have now switched to manual mode driving as it is good. Auto mode is too irritating. Drove a Tiago AMT recently and felt bad that it was much smoother at changing gears than my Endeavour.
raj84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 11:58   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
What a looker you got yourself Aniket. Many congratulations and wish you many thousands of happy miles!!

(I am so jealous right now.)
Thanks rovingeye!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Congratulations on the Endeavour! This is car sure is a brute!
Wishing you many happy miles with it.

OT: Couldn't help but notice. When you got your tires changed, the jack seems to be mounted under the A-arm. Is that where the car is supposed to be jacked? Isn't there a specific jack mount location on the frame right behind the front tire? Just curious!
Thanks Arijit!!
This was done at the a famous tyre brand shop, hence I did not check it at the time. Since the car was just delivered, had not noticed the mount location either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
The Car looks great !

What did it cost for the whole car to be coated in PPF?
Thanks Vinay, it costs about Rs. 1.4 to 1.5L depending on your negotiations with 3M.
Old 11th May 2019, 11:44   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Drove a Tiago AMT recently and felt bad that it was much smoother at changing gears than my Endeavour.
The shifting in a torque converter can be harsh on a rare occasion but an AMT cannot beat it in shifting smoothness. High RPM shifting at low speeds was a problem in my Endeavour too but it was greatly addressed with the last software update.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks