Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2018, 10:20   #31
BHPian

re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

The Ecoblue 2L engine will make its debut in the Ford Endeavour. Being a BS 6 engine and a modern diesel, Ford will soon have the crown of the best diesel engine in India
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:27   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The Ecoblue 2L engine will make its debut in the Ford Endeavour. Being a BS 6 engine and a modern diesel, Ford will soon have the crown of the best diesel engine in India

I thought they were NOT changing the engine. Just cosmetic changes. Have you heard anything definitive that suggests the new 2L diesel is coming?

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I thought they were NOT changing the engine. Just cosmetic changes. Have you heard anything definitive that suggests the new 2L diesel is coming?

Thanks
Ford has already launched the new Everest ( Endeavour) in Thailand. https://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/everest/
They have done away with the old 2.2 and 3.2l engines and introduced the new 2.0L turbo and 2.0L bi turbo. Both engines come with the 10speed AT, so the Old 6AT is ditched.
Since the Indian Endeavour comes as a CKD from Thailand, fair chances that we would be getting the newer 2.0L single turbo 10AT first and then the bi turbo, or maybe both together :-D

But knowing the unpredictable nature of Ford towards India,they can definitely decide to keep the old 3.2L 6AT for India citing lower cost or poor fuel quality for the bi turbo until BS6 is fully standardized.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 2nd August 2018 at 09:58.
rambo1o1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 09:53   #34
BHPian

2019 Ford Endeavour spotted in India

Rushlane reports the spotting of the 2019 Ford Endeavour in India. Seems to retain the changes seen on the model launched in the other markets.

The facelift is expected to be launched in India in early 2019.

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/new-ford-en...-12287827.html

Cheers
Uday
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-newfordendeavourspiedindialaunch3.jpg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-newfordendeavourspiedindialaunch2.jpg  

uday.ere is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 14:57   #35
BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Endeavour spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Rushlane reports the spotting of the 2019 Ford Endeavour in India. Seems to retain the changes seen on the model launched in the other markets.

The facelift is expected to be launched in India in early 2019.

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/new-ford-en...-12287827.html

Cheers
Uday
This seems to be pretty good news because the current Endeavour, although loaded to the gills with a ton of technology and features, misses out on basic things such as keyless entry and go. I myself have a few people in my friends circle who started to look towards Toyota Fortuner just for the same reason. I have seen a few reviews of the new 2.0 litre twin turbo diesel, and all of them state that, it just doesn't feel as punchy as the older 3.2 nor does it sound as good. The refinement though has improved and in terms of outright acceleration, the newer diesel is quicker mainly due to the new 10 speed transmission and some credit goes to the updated torque and horsepower figures. Fuel efficiency also seems to be better and the new gearbox is pretty responsive as well. All said and done, I sincerely hope the new diesel along with the facelift too comes to India, it betters the few negatives of the current Endeavour namely keyless entry and go, better fuel efficiency, a pretty good 10 speed gearbox and those lovely new alloys.
CarLoverJosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 11:07   #36
BHPian

2019 Ford Endeavour (facelift) spotted on testing

"2019 Ford Endeavour facelift has been spied on test in India for the first time ahead of its launch in early 2019.The updates are similar to the Endeavour which is already launched in other countries like Australia and Thailand earlier this year"

https://www.rushlane.com/new-ford-en...-12287827.html
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 18:03   #37
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

It would seem that the 2.2 and 3.2 engines will stay on for a while longer in India. Launch in Feb or March.
Old 4th February 2019, 15:59   #38
Team-BHP Support

As per my known, Demo vehicles have been billed and dealerships should start getting in this week.

At this time, there is no information about the 10 Speed gear box or the new 2,0 Ltr engine.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 16:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

The (rumored) reason for the unavailability of 10-speed slushbox could be pennywise rather than technical. The volume does not justify a decision to assemble the gear box in India and importing it attracts hefty customs duty as well. The result would be a substantial increase in ex-showroom price.

Based on the assumption above, I think we can sum up the rest of the facelift (other than the engines update) as a minimalist one. The electronics kit would be updated / upgraded along with some cosmetic body and interior design changes. The rise in prices too would be minimum.

A catch-22 situation, you hope for better sales if you can keep the price almost the same, or you bring in the top-spec techno version, with a bombastic price. I guess Ford chose the former, wear yo' seatbelts way.

While that's definitely good news for those who're eyeing the Ford incl. yours truly, my point is, the Indian versions of fabulous cars are getting lower and lower-spec compared to the international (Read even Thai / Philippine in this case) versions.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 4th February 2019 at 16:46.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 16:51   #40
BHPian

I believe launch is on 22nd February. Any confirmations on this?
As of today, dealers did not have details on the features on the upgrade.
Old 4th February 2019, 17:38   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
The (rumored) reason for the unavailability of 10-speed slushbox could be pennywise rather than technical. The volume does not justify a decision to assemble the gear box in India and importing it attracts hefty customs duty as well.
I still believe, 10 speed might be an overkill for our market. Regarding the customs duty, I don't think FORD manufacture or even assemble 6 speed gearbox or the engines here. Engine are from South Africa and the Gearboxes most likely from USA. The new 10 Speed will be from ZF and may be localized by ZF India in future. It appears they already have some issues with the 10 speed

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...d-gearbox.html

As per AutoCar, they are shifting to 20 Inches which will be a bold move. Per my source, new design of Alloys is expected and the car is being launched on 22nd

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-month-410745

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th February 2019 at 17:40.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 20:05   #42
Team-BHP Support

Manual 2,2 being reintroduced

fellow member sridharp77 reached out to me to crosscheck below information

Quote:
there is a 2.2 manual variant (exactly similar features as AT). Other changes he mentioned at

1) Start/Stop button

2) Passenger side 8way adjustable seat

3) New Alloy.

I checked the information and its correct. FORD is relaunching Manual version. Alloys are being updated with a different Diamond type design but will be in 18 Inches only and not 20 inches as reported by ACI. Co-passenger also gets Powered seats and of course Key less start/ access is standard across the range. Dealers have got allocations of the new style and one can book and probably get the delivery on the day of launch or near around.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th February 2019 at 20:07.
Turbanator is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 20:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Manual 2,2 being reintroduced

fellow member sridharp77 reached out to me to crosscheck below information

I checked the information and its correct. FORD is relaunching Manual version. Alloys are being updated with a different Diamond type design but will be in 18 Inches only and not 20 inches as reported by ACI. Co-passenger also gets Powered seats and of course Key less start/ access is standard across the range. Dealers have got allocations of the new style and one can book and probably get the delivery on the day of launch or near around.
That's good news for SUV buyers & good for Ford as well IMO as I believe lack of manual is making few numbers drift away.
In my opinion they should launch manual transmission in 3.2L version as well. It's available in few markets.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 23:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Co-passenger also gets Powered seats and of course
Damn! That's one of the biggest misses in the current version. I'd be ready to pay quite a sum for the option to retrofit this.
Mu009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 08:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Damn! That's one of the biggest misses in the current version. I'd be ready to pay quite a sum for the option to retrofit this.
I would add memory function as a miss too. Nothing more annoying than losing your favourite driving position due to someone fiddling with the settings.
mayjay is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks