Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2019, 15:22   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I want to book the Endeavour but my dad wants to check out the interior space and comfort before we go ahead and book it
Honestly, I don't know why Test Drives at home/ Offices are offered at First place. I always prefer to visit the dealership, not only you can see the different variants and colors but also cars from different segment. I recently wanted to check the CLS and since T&T Gurgaon did not had CLS as a demo car & their Delhi dealership is atleast 2 hours away on a weekday they offered to send me their new car on a Truck to my office in Gurgaon, Ofcourse it was convenient for me but I was not comfortable so I asked them to have someone help me on a Sunday afternoon at their showroom instead. And like I said, I came mighty impressed with the Maybach they had on stocks, I will gladly pay MB 20 Lac just for that wonderful music system.

I can understand your situation maybe different and it might be easier for you to call a Car at home rather visiting Dealership and If FORD does publicise about Test Drives at Home, they should have the infrastructure.

If your Dad wants to drive or is OK in sitting at Front you should consider the Endeavour but if he wants to be chauffeured around and will sit in the rear, I wont suggest to even consider Endeavour.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th February 2019 at 17:24. Reason: typo
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 07:18   #62
BHPian

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

These are photos of the new facelift ENDEAVOUR. The photos were shared by a source who wishes to remain anonymous. Thanks.

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-1.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-2.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-3.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-4.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-5.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-6.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-7.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-8.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-9.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-10.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 11th February 2019 at 10:34. Reason: Adding a note on top; watermarking
sridharp77 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 07:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post

here's what I see:
1. Much needed 8 way adjustable passenger seat is here. It hurts - literally (when back problems flare up).
2. The 3.2 6 Auto badging at the side should finally dispel the illogical rumours of Ford bringing in the 2.0 bi-turbo.
3. Gear lever finish has been changed - while I don't care for the aesthetic, I think the feel should be much more premium since it is chrome-lined and leatherette-wrapped now.
4. Really really cheap move - reduced 1 port from the centre console and put the other instead of a 12V. Me no like-y.
5. New front never worked for me, alloys are a surprising downer. New Front makes it look PANSY!
6. No changes to the rear.
7. I like the new colour (have forgotten the fancy name abroad), but it came with the facelift internationally and was used for press photos there. I'm glad it wasn't available when I bought it - Mom might've pushed for it, and I would've been really confused.

Again, my rationale of having bought in September still applies - 6 months of usage makes up for discounts, new features etc. I prefer a key to the more convenient keyless system here.
Basically, I don't like anything but the new passenger's seat. I sincerely hope a retrofit is made convenient by Ford.

Quote:
Also, could you please provide a context of the spy shots? They look like they're taken somewhere in the Nilgiris.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th February 2019 at 08:17. Reason: Have edited quoted posts
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 08:03   #64
BANNED

Quote:
I have been calling all the dealers in and around Mumbai but to no avail, I have just heard one thing in common, "We will call you back", Never happen to get a call back! Registering on the Ford India website too doesn't help.
Which is quite the opposite of what my experience was, at Bangalore and Delhi.

The dealers I got in touch with, gave same day test drives and followed up till I either declined or told them that the vehicle had been booked.

Ford also has a very accountable CRM system which keeps increasing the severity of a ticket till the customer says it has been resolved to his/her satisfaction.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2019 at 08:20. Reason: STRICTLY no PM business or soliciting on Team-BHP
n.devdath is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 10th February 2019, 08:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone from Ford reading this, Mumbai dealers =
Mate, it was much worse here in Jabalpur. It was so bad I almost didn't buy after even being blown away by a test drive.
But you must keep reminding yourself that unprofessional and idiotic sales people who have no semblance of what a car means to a customer (let alone an idea of what goes through a buyer's mind before plonking nearly 40 big ones) should NOT be a factor in your purchase decision.

The service is good, the sales are dumb is my experience. So decide on product experience, not sales experience.

In my case, a couple of strongly worded mails to Ford did the trick. I think the best route would be to go through N.Devdath - especially if you want to avoid the bother of typing a strongly worded email.
Mu009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 12:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Honestly, I don't know why Test Drives at home/ Offices are offered at First place.
Personally, My dad and mom they both won't step out of the house, Get stuck in traffic spend probably atleast a couple of hours in a day to go checkout a car, They have always been more comfortable in just checking the car out below the building, Saves time and effort both.

Quote:
I always prefer to visit the dealership, not only you can see the different variants and colors but also cars from different segment.
True, But thats for people like us, Our parents?

Quote:
I can understand your situation maybe different and it might be easier for you to call a Car at home rather visiting Dealership and If FORD does publicise about Test Drives at Home, they should have the infrastructure.
None of them publicise about TD at home, But all of them do offer it. A delay here and there is fine, But even as of now its been 2 weeks trying to get hold of a car for a TD which was launched back in 2016 is a little absurd.

Quote:
If your Dad wants to drive or is OK in sitting at Front you should consider the Endeavour but if he wants to be chauffeured around and will sit in the rear, I wont suggest to even consider Endeavour.
Got no other option man, Checked out the Kodiaq and was amazingly disappointed with the car, Tiguan is compact, Doesnt cut it, Don't want to buy a Toyota at 40 lakhs, Endeavour seems to be the best bet under 50 lakhs i feel.

Quote:
These are photos of the new facelift ENDEAVOUR. The photos were shared by a source who wishes to remain anonymous. Thanks.
New colour looks nice, But ill stick with black i think, More features to already a feature loaded car is most welcome though.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2019 at 08:21. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 23:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
In my opinion they should launch manual transmission in 3.2L version as well. It's available in few markets.
Manual transmission is not available with 3.2L in any of the international markets. But the same is available on Ford Ranger.
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 23:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of 3.2,
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_6531.jpg

Parents checked the car out, Dad fell in love instantly once sat ahead and i too fell in love the moment i flexed the right foot (I have driven a friends 3.2 quite a bit and i liked it already) Mom had no complaints and my small little niece was instantly happy too looking at the clouds from the car..

In short, Can't wait for month end.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2019 at 08:21. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 09:02   #69

I’m hunting for a new car, and have almost shortlisted it to the endy and Passat. I Was waiting to see what the facelift brings, kind of dissapointing to see no option of the 20” alloys. Has anyone been able to get the dealer to honour the warranty in case you upsize the wheels from outside?

Also the suspension has been tweaked abroad with the facelift, it’s now more softer but roll hasn’t increased much thanks to a stabiliser bar added upfront. Can we expect this to come to India as well?
Old 11th February 2019, 10:48   #70
Team-BHP Support

Hands Free Power lift Gate

Looks this has made to Indian variant

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-11.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
no option of the 20” alloys. Has anyone been able to get the dealer to honour the warranty in case you upsize the wheels from outside?
20 Inches on our Roads can be a good eye candy only. If must, you can get these swapped outside. Normally it does not affect warranty unless there is something specifically wrong with related parts.

Quote:
Also the suspension has been tweaked abroad with the facelift, it’s now more softer but roll hasn’t increased much thanks to a stabiliser bar added upfront.
Do you have any pictures of the new suspension they are using overseas? These trucks are now with Dealers at their Yards, they will allow you to check if you are serious on buying.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th February 2019 at 10:59.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 11:36   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Dad fell in love instantly once sat ahead and i too fell in love the moment i flexed the right foot
Same thing happened with me two years back when I purchased my Endeavour.

I was already inclining towards the Endeavour but dad was adamant that the Fortuner can't be ruled out. We first checked the Fortuner, Dad didn’t like it all and said, "I will not be spending 35 lakhs on this". I guess, the dark interiors and upright dashbboard went against it.

The next he sat in Endeavour and immediately said, "this car deserves our money". He was thoroughly impressed.

Now, after two years with 40k on the ODO, I 'm happy that I chose the right one

I am glad that you are going ahead with the Endeavour!
daf23 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 11:53   #72

Quote:
20 Inches on our Roads can be a good eye candy only. If must, you can get these swapped outside. Normally it does not affect warranty unless there is something specifically wrong with related parts.

Do you have any pictures of the new suspension they are using overseas? These trucks are now with Dealers at their Yards, they will allow you to check if you are serious on buying.
20inchers(or maybe 19 if ride quality is expected to suffer a lot) with better tyres and wrapping the chrome inserts/lower part of the bumper black will look very nice on that launch colour, and that I have in mind if end up buying this.

The modification to the suspension is mentioned in the reviews online.
Old 11th February 2019, 18:26   #73
BHPian

I got confirmation that 2.2 is coming with 4WD as well. The guy was not sure if it is in Trend or Titanium variant.
sridharp77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 17:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
The modification to the suspension is mentioned in the reviews online.
Here are the pictures of new and old. Now when I am looking carefully, there appears to be some difference, Stabilizer bar is probably missing in the new one. So they must have done something.

Old

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190212-5.50.19-pm.jpeg

New One

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190212-5.56.52-pm.jpeg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190212-5.50.00-pm.jpeg

Got a chance to check the new one and honestly, I don't see it as something for which FORD took such a long time to launch or had a gap. The way I see it is that their dealers must have lost some sales as customers were undecided to wait for the new or pick old and dealers despite having stocks of the new one cannot bill anything until 22nd. The only worthy upgrade seams to be of Keyless start. On the New Car that was at Yard, I was not able to use the sensor on the handle and had to manually use the key to open/ close the doors. Don't know if this is due to some setting or setting under transportation mode.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 11:28   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
HStabilizer bar is probably missing in the new one. So they must have done something.
Did they re-route it through some other way?

How can such a tall and big SUV be without a stabilizer bar?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks