Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 20:16   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Frankly except for the possible Engine Changes all other updates seem very minor and won't help sales nor refresh the looks sufficiently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Endeavour is consistently selling over 500 units month after month. I'd say that is incredible for a 30 - 40 lakh rupee Ford. If the facelift helps Ford to sustain these volumes, I guess it's mission accomplished.
I was actually referring to Ford managing 1k plus type of numbers - which it truly deserves when we compare with the Fortuner at 2k.

I actually test drove the new Fortuner AT for the second time today to see what I had missed out in my understanding and frankly felt that not only is the Endeavour 3.2 AT better but even the Hexa AT makes one feel more special on the inside vs the Fortuner which has lovely exteriors and resale values as the only two positives for my kind of customer. The Endeavour is as reliable or not as the current Fortuner.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 03:25   #17
BHPian

Today I went to Rudra Ford for test drive of Endeavour. I am more interested in 2.2 Titanium model and the sale advisor gave me a waiting period of 2 months. He confirmed that there is a facelift coming within 2 months which will have some added features compared to the current model without any price increase.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Akib Khan : 5th May 2018 at 03:27. Reason: spelling correction.
Akib Khan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 15:35   #18
BHPian

Is there any news of Ford re-introducing the manual ?
Old 7th May 2018, 16:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
As per my source there will be no change in the variants. The facelift which is coming in July will have additional features like keyless entry, Start stop, new front grill. All these features will be there in the 3 variants. Trend 2.2 will get drl along with the above mentioned features.
Hope this helps.
Akib Khan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 12:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
As power increases, the chances of getting a manual transmission diminishes.

The reasons are, barring a few hard core off road enthusiasts, the general public prefers automatic. Most of new developments are for auto box. The older manual boxes are good upto a certain torque only, and as the power (and torque) increases these boxes are cannot be used.

You can see the effect in Fortuner. The power and torque for manual transmission model is less than that for the auto box model. In fact there is no Toyota 4x4 at the higher end (of price or power) that has manual box.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 14:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
As per my source there will be no change in the variants. The facelift which is coming in July will have additional features like keyless entry, Start stop, new front grill. All these features will be there in the 3 variants. Trend 2.2 will get drl along with the above mentioned features.
Hope this helps.
Is this source from the Company side or inputs from dealer. I don't see any news about the launch in next 3-4 months, but instead it early 2019 most of the news items

Quote:
I actually test drove the new Fortuner AT for the second time today to see what I had missed out in my understanding and frankly felt that not only is the Endeavour 3.2 AT better but even the Hexa AT makes one feel more special on the inside vs the Fortuner which has lovely exteriors and resale values as the only two positives for my kind of customer. The Endeavour is as reliable or not as the current Fortuner.
Plus 1. The second and third row seats of Fortuner looks uninteresting and uncomfortable to me. I had imagined something different by the looks of those lovely exteriors

Last edited by Surprise : 8th May 2018 at 14:26.
Old 8th May 2018, 17:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As power increases, the chances of getting a manual transmission diminishes.

The reasons are, barring a few hard core off road enthusiasts, the general public prefers automatic. Most of new developments are for auto box. The older manual boxes are good upto a certain torque only, and as the power (and torque) increases these boxes are cannot be used.
I would like to disagree on that point.

3.2 Engine is available in Thailand with Manual Transmission on Ford Ranger.

Which means 6 speed MT box is capable of handling 200PS & 470NM

https://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/ranger/compare-models/

Ford further detuned the existing 2.2 engine to 150PS & 375Nm ( XUV is 157PS & 360Nm and Hexa is 156PS & 400Nm)

The new 2.0 engine is available in 2 different tunes. 213PS & 500Nm/180PS & 420NM. The latter one seems to be ideal replacement for 2.2 engine in our market. Also it will help ford if there is any diesel ban above 2000 cc in future.
Old 8th May 2018, 17:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is this source from the Company side or inputs from dealer. I don't see any news about the launch in next 3-4 months, but instead it early 2019 most of the news items
The source is from the company side. This is just a minor facelift with addition of two features. I generally never trust information given by the dealer till I conform it either on this forum or from my friends in the automotive industry. If you are interested in the Endeavour enquire with your local dealer. I am sure every Ford dealer will give you the same information.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Akib Khan : 8th May 2018 at 17:25.
Old 8th May 2018, 20:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its surprising that Toyota Fortuner manages to outsell the Endy by 5X margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
The source is from the company side. This is just a minor facelift with addition of two features. I generally never trust information given by the dealer till I conform it either on this forum or from my friends in the automotive industry. If you are interested in the Endeavour enquire with your local dealer. I am sure every Ford dealer will give you the same information.
Hope this helps.
Thanks. I checked with a local dealer & they have no clue on this. Even they say there is no instruction/effort for clearing any existing stocks. Those small feature are nice ones to have & make the wait worth.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 21:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Yes, its surprising that Toyota Fortuner manages to outsell the Endy by 5X margin.

Thanks. I checked with a local dealer & they have no clue on this. Even they say there is no instruction/effort for clearing any existing stocks. Those small feature are nice ones to have & make the wait worth.
I don't know about Chennai but I enquired with 3 Ford dealers and all three conformed about the facelift. Endy is a slow moving product and some dealers don't want to end up with old stock once the facelift hits the market.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

It would seem from the above reports that we won't really get the updated engines here.

I wish there was a way for the Endy to add paddle shifters though. It seems sacrilegious that even the refreshed Ecosport has this but the Endy doesn't. And yes - while they are at it - a decent keyless fob would be nice, again like what the Ecosport has!!

No one seems to be giving reliable information on when this might come - I have heard from some salespersons that its expected early 2019 but can't rely on that when you're test driving his current stock. Lol
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 18:24   #27
BHPian

Everest facelift is already launched in Thailand and its scheduled for Australia this September. So early 2019 launch make sense.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...sguised-2.html (2018 Ford Everest (Endeavour) spied completely undisguised)

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 19:49   #28
Team-BHP Support

On a related note I have also heard from some dealers that they might be launching Kuga in 7 seat guise in india (in oct / nov) but could not find any news reports on this. Would anyone know?
Old 26th July 2018, 20:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
On a related note I have also heard from some dealers that they might be launching Kuga in 7 seat guise in india (in oct / nov) but could not find any news reports on this. Would anyone know?
I too heard that from the dealer in my town. He said late 2018 or early 2019.
Old 27th July 2018, 08:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Everest facelift is already launched in Thailand and its scheduled for Australia this September. So early 2019 launch make sense.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...sguised-2.html (2018 Ford Everest (Endeavour) spied completely undisguised)

https://Youtu.be/XwHzrrc-CBU
Is there any change to the rear on the face lifted version....it looks to me as if there is a very slight change. Anyone?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed