Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Windshield Experts & HDFC-ERGO to offer overnight glass repair service

Automotive glass repair and replacement company, Windshield Experts has partnered with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company to offer overnight glass repair service to its customers.

Windshield Experts & HDFC-ERGO to offer overnight glass repair service-windshield.png

HDFC ERGO recently launched the overnight repair service which enables customers to get their cars repaired at night, thus reducing the hassle during working hours. Windshield Experts are providing the service in Delhi NCR only. However, it will soon be offered in other cities as well.

Customers availing the service will have to first register a claim. The vehicle will be towed to the workshop and will be delivered back to the customer ready to be used the following morning. The service is only available for vehicles with minor damages.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:19   #2
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Windshield Experts & HDFC-ERGO to offer overnight glass repair service

A good initiative, but not truly overnight as the claim approval needs to come in day time. One might as well get the glass changed while waiting for claim approval in day time. This is what I did. One needs to go to the workshop for claim approval anyway as original docs have to be photocopied and verified.
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:24   #3
BANNED

Don't know what value addition it provide as even now, the turn around time is not more than 2-3 hrs at the outlet near to my place. I prefer getting the work done in front of my eyes rather than some sleepy eyes messing it up in the night. I am one happy windshield expert customer, i prefer it any day over the dealership body-shop. The workmanship and attention to detail is excellent, plus you don't need to leave your car for days at the workshop for just a windshield replacement.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:17   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting.

In many western countries this concept has already been taken to the next level.
They will come out and replace your windshield at your (work) place.

Most insurance companies have deals with the likes such as Carglass. You can get your windshield replaced without losing your no claim bonus and without any own risk too.

https://www.autoglass.co.uk/glass-re...d-replacement/

So very convenient and very practical. Many a windshield has been replaced on my (company) car sitting in the parking garage at our office. The only spoiler could be the weather. It needs to be dry and it can’t be too cold either for most windshield replacements. Also, they do a lot of window repairs, e.g. a chip in the windshield. Again, they can come to you as well.

Jeroen

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2018 at 13:22. Reason: typo
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Was wondering how often windshields crack or break on cars.

I've seen broken and cracked windows on cars of course. And our car mirrors get damaged somewhat more often. But personally, over the years and 5 cars that my family has owned and changed, we've had only one instance where we had to replace a damaged glass- when a thief tried to break in by shattering a side window. Never had any reason to replace the windshield (touch-wood).

So does this sort of thing happen very often? I suppose a major accident would be one reason.
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:34   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

I've seen broken and cracked windows on cars of course. And our car mirrors get damaged somewhat more often. But personally, over the years and 5 cars that my family has owned and changed, we've had only one instance where we had to replace a damaged glass- when a thief tried to break in by shattering a side window. Never had any reason to replace the windshield (touch-wood).

So does this sort of thing happen very often? I suppose a major accident would be one reason.
It really depends on many different factors. Also, some cars are more prone to it than others. Your driving style to some extend has an influence. Driving at very short distance behind the guy in front of you is more likely to throw debris onto your car.

What you can say is that most cracks start with a stone and or some piece of debris hitting the windshield. That leaves some chip. If not fixed, it can over time develop into a crack.

In countries such as Sweden they use a lot of grit on the road during the winter months. This grit is like little pellets and will cause your windshield to chip. With extreme temperatures and frost such a chip will very quickly develop in a crack.

These chips need to be fixed asap. Companies like Carglass have little stickers you can place over the chip. The problem is moisture. Once moisture finds it way into the cracks/chips you can’t repair it anymore.

I have been to Stockholm, Sweden about a dozen times during this year and I can honestly say that all the taxis I used had cracked window shields. It is so common that until the weather improves and the grit is gone, nobody even bothers repairing the windshields any more it seems.
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:40   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I've had one claim each on two cars over the past 3-4 years. However, this will be beneficial for those who do a lot of highway drives (small stones causing chips & cracks), and those who stay in vandal prone / areas with construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I prefer getting the work done in front of my eyes rather than some sleepy eyes messing it up in the night.
I think people like us are the exception rather than the rule. For most of the population it would be much easier.
Many cars I've seen have small chips / cracks on the windshield & getting it replaced is a time consuming affair during the day - this should hopefully ease the process as you don't lose any time from your working day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
A good initiative, but not truly overnight as the claim approval needs to come in day time. One might as well get the glass changed while waiting for claim approval in day time. This is what I did. One needs to go to the workshop for claim approval anyway as original docs have to be photocopied and verified.
I am hopeful that the tie-up with HDFC will help in this regard. Maybe just email across the documents for approval and claim is processed, or similar.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:22   #8
BHPian

I've had one instance of my Opel Corsa's Rear glass shattering, as I had by mistake left the rear defroster on during a long drive and it wasn't raining or snowing.
And yes a couple of front glass chips developed into cracks due to loose debris hitting on the windshield.

I have seen cracks developing due to extreme heat and all 4 windows rolled up. Particularly in Delhi. Maybe the Delhites can confirm this.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 20:04   #9
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

To give an Idea. I have had 5 windshield changes in last 20 yrs on different cars. I do a lot of highway driving. None were due to accidents but rather stone chips.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 13:30   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Windshield Experts & HDFC-ERGO to offer overnight glass repair service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
but not truly overnight as the claim approval needs to come in day time.
Considering their official tie-up, I'm sure Windshield Experts have a direct line to someone @ HDFC during off-peak hours too. In fact, Windshield Experts has changed my windscreen without even the claim coming through - they just ensured that my policy & validity were in order and took all signatures on the claim form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
the turn around time is not more than 2-3 hrs at the outlet near to my place. I prefer getting the work done in front of my eyes rather than some sleepy eyes messing it up in the night.
Could be useful for someone whose car is used every day from morning to evening.

Quote:
I am one happy windshield expert customer
Agreed. They are the best. Just once, I'd gotten my City's rear windshield replaced from somewhere else and it resulted in water leakage. Never again. Only use Windshield Experts.

Quote:
Accident claims on my cars over the last 10 years = maybe 2 or 3.

Windshields replaced = Easily 7 to 8. Just recently, some concrete fell on my Sunny and the windscreen was shattered. We live in an old building with a lot of coconut trees, so...
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 22:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Windshield Experts & HDFC-ERGO to offer overnight glass repair service

Interestingly just couple of hours back i got my cars windshield changed within 7 hours with inspection and claim approval from Reliance insurance. Good job by Windshield Experts. Windscreen got damaged (chipped) yesterday, some sick soul's deed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks