Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2018, 11:48   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs

Maruti-Suzuki India Limited has launched the AGS (Auto Gear Shift) variants of it's best-selling compact SUV, the Vitara Brezza, from prices starting at Rs 8.54 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

To be made available in 4 variants (all diesel), the Vitara Brezza AGS gets new alloy wheels in gloss black finish, a chrome grille and back door chrome garnish standard across all variants, and all black interiors with complementing accents.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-brezza.jpg

The AGS variants get new safety features like ISOFIX child restraint system, high speed warning alert, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors & front seat belt pre-tensioners and force limiters as standard. It also gets a new Autumn Orange colour shade option which will be made available in a dual-tone option.

The Vitara Brezza AGS variants are powered by the 1.3L DDiS engine which churns out 89PS of power and 200Nm of torque.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaamt.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-ags.jpg

Speaking on the occasion, R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), MSIL:

Quote:
Vitara Brezza has been a game changer for India's SUV market. We have enhanced its allure to meet aspirations of our young customers. They now have the option of Auto Gear Shift, the acclaimed two-pedal technology, for enhanced convenience. AGS has been very well accepted by customers, and sales of AGS variants in the Maruti Suzuki portfolio have tripled in three years. By making this technology available on Vitara Brezza, together with a refreshed design, we expect India's number one SUV to become even more attractive.
Prices:

VDI AGS - 8.54L
ZDI AGS - 9.31L
ZDI+ AGS - 10.27L
ZDI+ AGS Dual Tone - 10.49L

All ex-showroom Delhi.

Official website has been updated to include the AGS variants.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-1.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-2.jpg

Cruise Control & Gear Shift Indicator are not included for the AGS variants.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-3.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-4.jpg

Updated brochure can be downloaded from here - https://marutiprodcdn.azureedge.net/...20180508154843

Last edited by Samurai : 10th May 2018 at 09:59.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 11:52   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs

So the market leader is still feeling insecure from the new kid on the block? Brezza lacks a petrol option currently which will have some minute impact on the sales.
Only if Ford could launch a Diesel AT as well.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 12:21   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The AGS variants get new safety features like ISOFIX child restraint system, high speed warning alert, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors & front seat belt pre-tensioners and force limiters as standard. It also gets a new Autumn Orange colour shade option which will be made available in a dual-tone option.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img_20180509_121648.jpg

I just hope that they haven't skipped cruise control as the steering is missing it in this AGS ZDI+ variant. Maybe I'm wrong but can't say.

Now I'll have to look at retrofitting the isofix mounts on my Brezza. I sorely miss it.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 12:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I just hope that they haven't skipped cruise control as the steering is missing it in this AGS ZDI+ variant. Maybe I'm wrong but can't say.

Now I'll have to look at retrofitting the isofix mounts on my Brezza. I sorely miss it.
Looks like that. Auto makers obviously show the Top trim and this surely is missing Cruise control.

I always envied Vitara Brezza having Cruise control but not Ertiga/Ciaz and looks like instead of adding on others, Maruti is removing it
Old 9th May 2018, 15:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

This just goes on to show the magnitude of positive response that Tata Nexon has generated. A win win situation for the customers that they now suddenly have 2 diesel AT options to choose from. Having said that I feel the Nexon completely nails the Brezza in terms of pricing, built, features, interior layout and quality and last but not the least, the driving modes.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 16:02   #6
BHPian

It now gets all-black interiors, gloss black finish on alloy wheels and a new Autumn Orange exterior paint shade that replaces the Blue colour available earlier.*Maruti has also updated the entire Vitara Brezza line-up with more safety features, and all variants get dual front airbags, reverse parking sensors, ABS and EBD, along with high-speed alert as standard.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-1525861743974.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-1525861763880.jpg

Interesting comparison on how the automatic variants of Brezza stacks up against its rivals the EcoSport and the Nexon.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-1525861864280.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...54-lakh-408284
glikithvinayaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 17:30   #7
BHPian

Wow! The Tata Nexon AMT is definitely creating some ripples in the market. I wasn't expecting such a rapid response from MSIL (helped in no small measure by the relative absence of test-mules), but their effort in bringing in the Brezza AGS is highly laudable, nonetheless.

That said, I reckon this is the first time the MJD has been paired to an AMT unit in the 89 BHP guise (kindly correct me if I'm wrong). I wonder if the usual AMT shift characteristics will compound the slightly higher turbo lag that the MJD engine suffers from in this state of tune.
RoverX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 17:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post

That said, I reckon this is the first time the MJD has been paired to an AMT unit in the 89 BHP guise (kindly correct me if I'm wrong). I wonder if the usual AMT shift characteristics will compound the slightly higher turbo lag that the MJD engine suffers from in this state of tune.
Nope. Already been done in the Zest.
400notout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 18:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

What's this new 'all black interiors with complementing accents'? I couldn't spot any difference from existing one:

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-marutisuzukivitarabrezzadashboard.jpg
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 20:04   #10
BHPian

Could have been a 'Complete Package' had Cruise Control been included.

I don't understand the manufacturers pinching pennies on useful features. It checks all my requirements except the 'Cruise Control'.

Looks like a complete car is always a dream. Now a days, highways in India have improved a lot and express ways like ORR in Hyderabad & Yamuna Expressway in NCR have become daily commutes for many people. Those are the roads where you need 'Cruise Control' and Maruti ...you missed a chance to create the prefect car. Never the less Brezza sales will be sky rocketing as always.
G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 20:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope they launch the petrol variants too. With the K15 debuting on the New Ertiga, that engine can make its way into many Marutis like Ciaz, S Cross, Brezza etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Updated brochure can be downloaded from here - https://marutiprodcdn.azureedge.net/...ts/new-vitara-breeza-mmc-brochure.ashx?modified=20180508154843

Even Maruti guys aren't sure if its Brezza or Breeza.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 9th May 2018 at 20:12.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 20:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

K15 may not make it to Brezza else it will lose the <4m tax advantage.

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2018 at 10:11. Reason: CAPS
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 20:23   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Even Maruti guys aren't sure if its Brezza or Breeza.
Will soon need your help regarding how to retrofit the isofix mounts. I personally feel that MSIL should give an option to do this.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-screenshot_20180509201803.jpg

Quoting my own post from morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

They've actually gone ahead and skipped cruise control in AGS. That's really bad.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 9th May 2018 at 20:26.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 23:18   #14
BHPian

Cruise control is included in the AGS models. It says so on the website.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-1525888014580.jpg  

hawrie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 00:41   #15
BHPian

No cruise control on AGS model. Screenshot from the official brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img_20180510_003940.jpg  

damodar is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks