Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2018, 10:23   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs

Whoever is buying it, please take a detailed test-drive before plonking that deposit cheque. I found the latest tune of the MJD + AMT to be extremely jerky in the Swift, a LOT more so than the petrol (due to the diesel's turbo-charger and less linear power delivery). It is a flawed combination.

By the way, the press release also makes no mention of cruise control.

Trivia from the press release: Top variants (Z/Z+) contribute to 56% of total sales. Now, think of that for a minute - the car sells well over 10,000 every month, and Maruti spent merely Rs. 860 crore in developing it, with 98% level of localisation at launch. Simply put, the Vitara Brezza is an RBI-approved money printing machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Brezza lacks a petrol option currently which will have some minute impact on the sales.
Would say it's more than just a minute impact. Compact car buyers have moved to petrols in a big way.
GTO is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 10:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I just hope that they haven't skipped cruise control as the steering is missing it in this AGS ZDI+ variant. Maybe I'm wrong but can't say.

Now I'll have to look at retrofitting the isofix mounts on my Brezza. I sorely miss it.
I was waiting for AMT/AT on Brezza since long. It was just the same thing on this photo which I noticed. Found the brochure and its confirmed. No cruise control in AGS !!!!!!!
Old 10th May 2018, 10:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

So ZDI+ AMT may be most profitable for Maruti, because they are charging 50k more for AMT, and conveniently pocketing the saving by skipping the cruise control.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:56   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would say it's more than just a minute impact. Compact car buyers have moved to petrols in a big way.
So true! I must have seen more number of new Ecosports (P) on the road in the past couple of years than I saw in all the years since its launch.

However there are 10k+ buyers every month who choose a diesel Brezza over any other petrol models. Nexon + Ecosport sell ~8-9k units pm. If we assume 50% of the sales are for petrol driven vehicles (I am too optimistic here), then only 4k units (out of 20k Brezza+Nexon+ES) are petrols. We can fairly say that the CUV market is still ruled by diesels, due to lack of options from Maruti Suzuki.

If Brezza and S-Cross (another diesel only model that I didn't consider in the above equation) get petrol options, the above equation should change significantly in the favor of petrols.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 11:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Whoever is buying it, please take a detailed test-drive before plonking that deposit cheque. I found the latest tune of the MJD + AMT to be extremely jerky in the Swift, a LOT more so than the petrol (due to the diesel's turbo-charger and less linear power delivery). It is a flawed combination.
That could be a real downer for AT lovers. Also, Nexon could trump Brezza here as diesel + AMT on Nexon felt quite good.

Is the Swift MJD+AGS worse than the same option in Dzire? Though haven't driven both personally, I have heard from some places that Dzire MJD + AGS is reasonable, especially when compared to other Maruti cars with AGS. Team BHP review though, clearly mentions that the auto box works better in petrol in Dzire.
Old 10th May 2018, 15:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

An excellent, well thought out addition of features to the Brezza. The AGS was the critical miss that prevented least one person that I knew from buying the Brezza. Needless to say he booked it with a few hours of getting the news of launch.

I think Suzuki should also consider bringing the AWD package that they use in the Ignis in Europe to the Brezza. It would raise the profile of the entire package.

Quote:
This is my only skepticism with the package. The AGS integration has been done with varied levels of driving satisfaction in different models. The Ignis petrol to my knowledge has been the best integration. Hopefully Suzuki has been able to nail this in the Brezza.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 10th May 2018, 15:51   #22
BHPian

Spoke to my local dealership and they haven’t received the test drive cars yet. According to them it might take a few more days. No other auto websites have also driven it so the drive quality is something which is not known. Hopefully we should get some details pretty soon.
Old 10th May 2018, 16:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Somehow AMT just doesn't work for me and spending over a million rupees for an AMT makes no sense atleast to me. By the way, is it true that all AMT cars have higher clutch wear than corresponding MT cars?
Old 10th May 2018, 18:01   #24
BHPian

Wow!

I just can't believe my eyes. The only thing which gave the Tata Nexon an edge over Maruti's Vitara Brezza was the option of an AMT. And hardly a week after the launch of the Nexon AMT, we see MSIL launching the Brezza AMT. Just shows how fierce the competition is in the segment.

Many might find it a good move, but I seriously feel Maruti should've waited a little longer and tried bringing the CVT to the Brezza. I mean, imagine spending 10 big ones but ending up with an AMT in the end!

According to me, AMT's are only meant for the A-segment and not for compact SUV segment. Most AMT's are known for their jerkiness even on small sized hatches with < 1000cc engines. Mate it with a 1.3 like the Brezza or a 1.5 like the Nexon and it's just going to make matters worse for you. A 5-speed AT transmission should be offered at the least if you're going to launch an AT for your compact SUV.

Also, after reading the recent reviews on the Swift diesel AMT, I'm sure many people are going to give the thought of buying the Brezza AMT a serious reconsideration over and over again before opening their Chequebooks.

Cheers,
Karthi.stark

Last edited by karthi.stark : 10th May 2018 at 18:04.
karthi.stark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 21:40   #25
BHPian

Utterly disappointed that Maruti is pushing AMT into Indian market instead of CVT, and Tata & Mahindra are following suit.

I pray Hyundai, Honda & Toyota will stick to TC & CVT technologies, and don't ruin everyday experience for driver in the name of initial cost & "kitna deti hai".
Old 10th May 2018, 21:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This just goes on to show the magnitude of positive response that Tata Nexon has generated. A win win situation for the customers that they now suddenly have 2 diesel AT options to choose from. Having said that I feel the Nexon completely nails the Brezza in terms of pricing, built, features, interior layout and quality and last but not the least, the driving modes.
I am sure the efforts would have been on for some time. I don't think they could have worked on the AMT version after the Nexon AMT launch and still manage to get t it out so fast.
Old 10th May 2018, 21:56   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I am sure the efforts would have been on for some time. I don't think they could have worked on the AMT version after the Nexon AMT launch and still manage to get t it out so fast.
Ofcourse they didn't do it in a week. But the news of the Nexon AMT has been doing the rounds since quite a long time and if MSIL didn't feel threatened then they would have continued with their existing portfolio.
Old 11th May 2018, 11:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
I don't understand the manufacturers pinching pennies on useful features. It checks all my requirements except the 'Cruise Control'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
They've actually gone ahead and skipped cruise control in AGS. That's really bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
No cruise control on AGS model.
As per Brezza Owner's Manual :
Quote:
You can use the cruise control system with the following conditions:
- The gear position is in 3rd, 4th or 5th.
- The vehicle speed is about 40 km/h or higher.
In my opinion, it could be some system integration issue for Cruise Control with AMT. The driver would need a display which indicates gear number when to engage Cruise Control (not present now). Also, there should be an alarm/ indication if Cruise Control disengages because AMT unit decided to shift in lower gear.

Else, I don't see any logical reason for MSIL to remove a feature which provides value proposition to even those who are not going to use it. And there is hardly any saving for MSIL, except for some switches and harness, and they have been charging bounty for this feature. Rest hardware would be same and only some changes would be required to software.
Quote:
the Vitara Brezza is an RBI-approved money printing machine!

Last edited by AutoNoob : 11th May 2018 at 11:26.
Old 14th May 2018, 17:04   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

The Vitara Brezza AMT in it's Autumn Orange (dual tone) shade has been spotted at a dealership yard by a GaadiWaadi spy.

Quote:
The cosmetic changes accompanying the AMT addition are noticeable as well. The inclusion of chrome treatment on front grille and chrome boot garnish are welcoming to increase its sporty stance while the new interior black theme and black glossy alloy wheels have complemented the overall exterior tweaks.
Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-2018marutivitarabrezzaamtspottedinorangecolouratdealeryard1.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-2018marutivitarabrezzaamtspottedinorangecolouratdealeryard.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-2018marutivitarabrezzaamtspottedinorangecolourinterior.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 13:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

The alloys look neat, saw last week in the dealership. Same alloys will be offered on manual model as well

I like this car, only issue for me is the small boot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks