Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2018, 14:04   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs

Thanks to Dr Parvez from ClubBrezza for sharing these snaps. He is one enthusiastic chap who has done many practical improvements to his Brezza which is then followed by many others.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0009.jpg
Side profile in new colour.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0006.jpg
Rear of car without any badging.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0008.jpg
DDiS badge on side fender.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0013.jpg
Glossy Alloys.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0015.jpg
Glossy Alloys, not to my liking.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0002.jpg
Infotainment system has no change. Dashboard looks the same.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0001.jpg
Area around 12V outlet.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0012.jpg
Rear seat with Isofix mounts.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0000.jpg
Steering wheel without Cruise control.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0011.jpg
Speedometer cluster with gear indicator.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0016.jpg
AGS/AMT Gear knob.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0017.jpg
Foot well.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0003.jpg
Piano black inserts around AC vents.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0005.jpg
AGS unit.

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-img20180515wa0004.jpg
Multiple relays and fuses.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 15th May 2018 at 14:08.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 14:14   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza AMT review - ACI

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-vb.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-vb1.jpg

Quote:
Slot the gear lever in ‘D’ and the linear creep function of the five-speed AMT allows you to get going without a jerk, a characteristic of earlier AMT systems. Once up to speed, upshifts are timely and smooth as long as you’re gentle on the accelerator. Mash it in for a quick overtake, and there is a slight delay before it shifts down and hurls you ahead.

The engine is strongest in the mid-range and pulls well after 2,300rpm all the way up to the redline. When you’re driving in the city though, there is none of that clunky sound during shifts that is quite evident in the Dzire AMT.
Link

Last edited by GTO : 16th May 2018 at 09:27. Reason: Please share only a para or two when quoting from another source
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 19:34   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

CnB reviews the Vitara Brezza AMT variant,

Quote:
The creep function is there too (like in the Tata Nexon AMT), which helps achieve smoother take-off! The gears change is much smoother now and I am quite impressed to find that there is a recalibration on the system based on throttle input. So, if you're driving in city traffic, you will get the little tug when gears change - coupled with that split second lag. However, when you are keen to get sporty, and push the pedal to the metal, the gears hold much longer - all the way to say 4500 rpm in 3rd gear, for instance. This allows the car to move much quicker, and for you to get a better response than you'd expect from an AMT. The same is partly true for downshifts too. The gears hold longer - when coasting along, or slowing down in traffic. And if you want a quick downshift, push the throttle down and a kickdown like response gets the car to drop a gear much quicker. And a lot smoother too
Quote:
The AMT is therefore a welcome addition to the Vitara Brezza lineup
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th May 2018 at 19:37.
Old 27th May 2018, 17:54   #34

I test-drove the AMT Brezza yesterday. Very counter-intuitive to have dropped the cruise control on this model; it actually makes more sense on an AMT on the highway, wherein it can change gears as required to maintain the set speed. Looks like an integration issue and they were in great haste to release the car.

Another thing: if you press the throttle hard, it revs high in each gear as it shifts up (as expected). BUT - as it reaches the top end of the revs in each gear, it starts to beep, indicating you are in the red (or close to it). Then, once it's reached the top gear (5th), and you continue to pick up, beyond 120 kmph or so, it starts to beep again! For the same reason that you are in high revs! There's no way to turn this off, so it will continue to beep as long as you are driving above that speed.

That said, the AMT response felt clearly better than on the Nexon. It shifted faster and earlier; for example when you slow down for a speed-breaker, and then press the throttle again after crossing the hump, the Brezza felt quite natural, whereas the Nexon was late in down-shifting, and then again when pressing the throttle, took too long to actuate the downshift. The Nexon manual shift was a pleasure to drive, though.
lancer_gypsy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 20:14   #35
BHPian

The beeping over 120 might be because GOI had laid norms sometime back that new cars should beep if you drive over 120 so that people stay within speed limits.
Old 29th May 2018, 14:16   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
The beeping over 120 might be because GOI had laid norms sometime back that new cars should beep if you drive over 120 so that people stay within speed limits.

Well in this case it was clearly the RPM warning which came in every gear under hard acceleration, and they weren't sure whether to disable it in the highest gear (or couldn't care less). That along with dropping cruise control were the let-downs of this model; otherwise its an enticing package. The sales guy said he could get the RPM warning disabled if I wanted during first service in case I bought the vehicle.

Another update I got is that the dual tone option of blue+white is stopped. This was also disappointing, since that was my favorite combo on the Brezza. They have introduced a new color though - dark saffron + white.
Old 29th May 2018, 16:18   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_gypsy View Post
I

Another thing: if you press the throttle hard, it revs high in each gear as it shifts up (as expected). BUT - as it reaches the top end of the revs in each gear, it starts to beep, indicating you are in the red (or close to it). Then, once it's reached the top gear (5th), and you continue to pick up, beyond 120 kmph or so, it starts to beep again! For the same reason that you are in high revs! There's no way to turn this off, so it will continue to beep as long as you are driving above that speed.
This is as per the Government of India notification regarding high speed warning buzzer to be installed in all cars along with rear parking sensors. Image courtesy Dr Parvez, ClubBrezza.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs-screenshot_20180529161626.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 14:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT Test Drive Review - Autoportal, CarAndBike and MotorOctane.

Old 2nd June 2018, 12:06   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This is as per the Government of India notification regarding high speed warning buzzer to be installed in all cars along with rear parking sensors. Image courtesy Dr Parvez, ClubBrezza.
Thanks so that settles it, I guess. But ddin't get any such beeps while test-driving the Nexon or XUV-500.

On another note: any idea whether the S-Cross will be launched in Automatic version? (Logical since Brezza and S-Cross share the same engine).
Old 3rd July 2018, 17:39   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Brezza sales cross 3 lakh – Monthly sales at 15,000 post AMT launch.

Most sales were noted for the Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi and ZDi+ variants.

Link
Old 29th September 2018, 09:08   #41
BANNED

Does the creep function work as hill assist in slope that ramp in malls ? Or i have to use hand break to prevent it going back
Old 29th September 2018, 17:21   #42
BANNED

Took a test drive today. Creep function kickin after about a sec since brake is released. On slope vehicle move back a bit before creep stop it.

But deeply put down by the engine performance. Now planning to try nexon amt..
Old 17th December 2018, 10:05   #43
BHPian

6 months have passed, since the launch of AMT version of Brezza. Request current owners to post their experiences, both positive and negative, till now. Include, mileage as well.

And, any news on the Petrol version?
Old 15th February 2019, 08:52   #44
BHPian

After reading about Jerky AMTs for long, I took a test drive of the Brezza AMT. I was pleasantly surprised to see it is not very jerky. You do experience the gear change sluggishness a bit, but no head nod kind of jerks. Also in Manual mode even that goes away somewhat - perhaps because your mind anticipates the change...

Overall I felt Brezza is a nice car, though not for the folks who want a racing car. But, in my view it has two negatives:

1. Interiors are rather ordinary due to plastic quality and gloomy black all around.

2. Not sure rear seats are comfortable for 200-500km journeys... Felt the angle of seating and thigh support not very encouraging...
Old 15th February 2019, 09:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
After reading about Jerky AMTs for long, I took a test drive of the Brezza AMT. I was pleasantly surprised to see it is not very jerky. You do experience the gear change sluggishness a bit, but no head nod kind of jerks. Also in Manual mode even that goes away somewhat - perhaps because your mind anticipates the change...

1. Interiors are rather ordinary due to plastic quality and gloomy black all around.
Feeling the AMT jerkiness is also a factor of the driver's mindset. Having used a Zest AMT in the past (95k kms), which shares its power train with the Brezza, I can safely say that it is not that bad. It is definitely bad for people who have experienced CVT/DSG/Torque converter in the past, but is just fine for a first time automatic user.

On the interiors part, I just can't digest those interiors. To me the quality levels are same as that in the celerio/swift. For someone upgrading from a Maruti hatch to a Brezza, the interior feel will remain the same. A lot of part sharing is also evident. This is my personal opinion.

Last edited by Zappo : 15th February 2019 at 10:46. Reason: Typos corrected.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks