Team-BHP - 2007 Going to be Maruti's year
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2007 Going to be Maruti's year (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19843-2007-going-marutis-year.html)

According to autocarindia editor Hormazd Sorabjee,2007 is going be Maruti's year.He expects the zen estillo to bring in the volumes for Maruti.The new baleno and new vitara will also be launched in 2007 by maruti.

He feels the swift diesel,another model expected to set sales charts on fire would be priced in such a manner that it would not cannibalise petrol swift sales.

The renault logan would be cheaper to develop in India than its parent market and should offer stiff competition to Tata Indigo in India.

Car launch he is looking forward to in 2007 -- The BMW 3 series.

Heres the interview:
Driving into 2007: Where is the auto sector headed?

WELL IT DEFINETLY looks like marutis year with such a wide range of models coming out and already here....guess amost 5 to 6 out of 10 on the sales charts will belong to maruti for the most number of sales amongst its cars...

Already there is the Alto, WagonR, maruti800, omni, swift in the top 10... Now if estilo joins the chart...

And guess how would it be, if the new baleno joins the chart too... he he...

I think one should wait for the pricing of Swift Diesel before announcing it as a best seller.

Boy, I was thinking of opening a similar thread myself. Good move, Rahul.

Where was Maruti in the Y2000: Management fights (Suzuki vs Govt), washing dirty linen in public, deteriorating image, entirely outdated models and a rapidly decreasing market share.

Look at them today : They have a fantastic lineup of models in the Alto, Estilo, Wagon R Duo and Swift. Theres the new Baleno and Vitara coming up as also a mighty diesel engine plant. According to satisfaction surveys, Maruti keeps its customers the happiest.

It surely is one of the best turnarounds in Indian automotive history.

Anyone has any info one the sales of the baleno???

Seems... baleno sales have picked up in kerala... I had a long trip yesterday... Saw many balenos on the highway... many more than i used to... And most of the were not-so-past registration numbers...

The pricing of the new baleno would really be crucial,some out of the box thinking like they did with the swift will really help.With almost all manufacturers hellbent on taking up market-share from maruti by means of small car sales[hatch],maruti could catch them offguard by generating decent sales from its sedans.For this not only would the new baleno have to sell but the esteem will have to play its roll also.[That is why I feel a new esteem/facelift should come by next year]

Vitara could fill the space left by Older generation crv but would a premium segment buyer go in for a maruti remains to be seen.

I think 2007 is going to be a significant year for Maruti, from 3 prespectives:

1. Competition: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ed-2007-a.html

2. Government disinvesting

3. Building brand image as a quality high end car

Already with Swift Diesel's latest Fiat technology and a good advanced award winning Crdi engine for year 2005, they have already created a huge hype. With practically no vibrations and sounds, good low end torque, mind boggling pull through power at 2000 rpm and above, amazing FE of 18+ in city with AC and 23-24 on Highway, they have corrected the rumours and issues which people had created for its Petrol version. With a hotter Baleno and new plans, Maruti is surely moving aggressively ahead.

All models have gone in for a facelift. Alto, WagonR, Swift, Esteem (likely), Baleno (Apr/May07), Vitara and new Maruti 800 (Cervo) likely. They have also released plans to roll out a new small car on a new platform. SX4 might also be coming if they have good plans for the future.

Way to go ahead with 10 models and large sub sections in its impressive line up !

with the success of the ESTILO, and the Diesel SWIFT, and the son to be launched new BALENO, there is no doubt that MARUTI will rule the industry for 2007