Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 02:32   #61
BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival and Venue/Brezza Rival coming in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The Carnival has a major issue that can possibly act as a hindrance to its success -- The Sliding doors

They should do something about it, as people here get reminded of the Kidnapper's car, the Omni, the moment they see such a door.

Otherwise, looks like a comfortable and possibly better alternative to the Innova.
Lol. Really? Who remembers the Omni? I thought the sliding doors are much needed for easy ingress-egress which is the very point of an MPV. It would be stupid for this car to be launched without it and it will be the talk of the town. This won't be anything like the Omni anyway, it would be automatic. I get that India works differently but seriously Kidnappers car, we gotta watch less of Crime Watch I guess. And it will knock Innova out of the game altogether because it doesn't compete with it anyway.
harpreetkanwar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 07:19   #62
Team-BHP Support

re: Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs

Old thread about (missing) sliding doors in Indian MPVs:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...dian-mpvs.html (Why no sliding doors in Indian MPVs?)
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 08:19   #63
BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival and Venue/Brezza Rival coming in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The Carnival has a major issue that can possibly act as a hindrance to its success -- The Sliding doors
I don't think it's as big a hindrance as it's made out to be. The side rails are well integrated in the Carnival so exteriors also don't get botched up and and electric function will make it luxurious as well!

Hell, even the Mercedes V Class gets a power sliding door and the last I checked, it was doing good numbers for a 1 crore MPV

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 19th November 2019 at 08:21.
porsche_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 14:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

All these years Hyundai never thought that big MPVs would have a place in India.
If Kia Carnival is successful at Innova price band, I bet Hyundai will be able to consider the H1 for India only at a budget price
The Carnival looks so premium in comparison.
https://h1.hyundaimobil.co.id/

Last edited by jinojohnt : 26th November 2019 at 14:49.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 15:46   #65
BHPian

Spotted the Kia Carnival today morning @ Gurgaon. I had seen this car a couple of weeks back near the Delhi Airport too. It has a AP Registration number and is sporting a KiaInIndia Sticker too at the back. Was unable to click a decent front snap though.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-kia-2.jpg  

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-kia-3.jpg  

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-kia-4.jpg  

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-kia-5.jpg  

sacrust is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:11   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Carnival MPV To Arrive In India In January 2020 Ahead Of Auto Expo. Likely to be priced ~₹ 27 lakh to ₹ 36 lakh OTR.

The Carnival will be Kia’s second model for India after the Seltos.

Quote:
•It comes with electric rear sliding doors for easy ingress and egress.
•Expected features include UVO connected car technology, powered tailgate as well as heated and ventilated front seats.
•India-spec model likely to come with 2.2-litre diesel engine that develops 202PS and 440Nm.
•The Carnival will be positioned above the Innova Crysta in India.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 17:08   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

India-bound Kia Carnival to get three seating configurations and will be offered as a 6, 7 and 8-seater; to be launched at Auto Expo 2020.

Quote:
Kia doesn't plan to introduce the Carnival to its India line-up in an attempt to push its numbers, but instead, is an effort to establish itself as a premium vehicle manufacturer. Positioning it as a luxury people-mover will also mean that Kia will have a greater focus on private buyers than on the fleet segment.
Quote:
Kia Carnival is expected to be powered by a BS6-compliant, 2.2-litre, four-cylinder, turbo-diesel engine producing out 202hp and 441Nm of torque to the front wheels. Transmission duties will be handled by a 6-speed automatic gearbox; it remains to be seen if a 6-speed manual will be offered.
The Kia Carnival luxury MPV is expected to be priced around Rs 30 lakh (estimated, ex-showroom).

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th December 2019 at 17:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 17:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
India-bound Kia Carnival to get three seating configurations and will be offered as a 6, 7 and 8-seater; to be launched at Auto Expo 2020.

The Kia Carnival luxury MPV is expected to be priced around Rs 30 lakh (estimated, ex-showroom).

Link
Thanks for the info. 30 Million INR is way too much to ask for a Kia !
Have driven and traveled in this vehicle in USA (Kia Sedona) and its just another MPV which cannot come to closer to Toyota Sienna or Honda Odessy.
Superleggera is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 18:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Have driven and traveled in this vehicle in USA (Kia Sedona) and its just another MPV which cannot come to closer to Toyota Sienna or Honda Odessy.
No offense but I believe you are going to be totally wrong.

1) Most Indians have not even heard of Sienna or Odessy so that comparison is not applicable to them. There is currently no car they can compare Carnival with which is going to be a benefit for Kia.

2) Toyota has sold at least 2.5 Lakh Crysta in India till now. Just Crysta, not old Innova. I firmly think they have at least sold double that numbers in previous Innova(definitely more) iterations which puts total Innova sales at at least 7.5 Lakh. Assuming there are 30% private buyers among that, that brings the number to close to 2.25 Lakh.
Just like any other segment purchase, these guys also would be looking at opting to upgrade(up the ladder) from their current car. Is there a worthy upgrade for Innova currently in India? Absolutely not. Imagine Kia coming with Carnival at a premium over Innova offering luxury/bling/space/comfort. With Seltos, they have definitely set a name for themselves. Till date we have not come across any horror stories of Seltos ownership which is only going to boost it's image. Even if they entice 25% of 2.25 Lakh, we are looking at 30-32K prospective customers which is more than 2K per month. I don't think even KIA is looking at more than 750-1K per month with CBU route. Once they establish market they will price it more sensibly with CKD route.

3) You think it is difficult to find 500-1000 rich people every month who would be ready to spend 3-4 million for a premium car? It is estimated that India has almost 2.5 Lakh millionaires.
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 18:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
No offense but I believe you are going to be totally wrong.
Point well taken mate. What I wanted to say is north of 30 L will be considered as an inflated price for a a Kia Carnival.

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2019 at 21:50. Reason: compacted quoted post
Superleggera is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 13:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Having just bought a KIA Seltos, I am completely blown away with its build quality and driving experience. If the same quality continues in the Grand Carnival, there will be many like me who won't mind paying a little premium over the Innova for this.

Incidentally, I own both the current gen (Crysta automatic) and previous gen Innova - and to be honest I find the Crysta a little disappointing for its price. The ride quality of the Crysta is also not as good as the older Innova. Hence when people like me are looking to replace the older Innova, they would definitely prefer something like the Grand Carnival. I think its going to be a winner.
manishk123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 02:50   #72
BHPian

With the success of Seltos, at least the market is ready for a new entrant. I believe the Carnival will capture the segment of executive travel and premium hotel shuttles. For the international traveler, there is a certain sense of comfort in seeing a familiar vehicle (or type - minivan). Yes, deep pockets are required but there are plenty of people who have the means to pay more for something quite unique on Indian streets. Kia should provide good incentives for the initial bookings, deliver as committed, stand behind the product and let the customers do the selling for them.

Note: Soft corner here for the Carnival/Sedona. Used to own one 2006-2008.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 21:21   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

KIA Carnival in India, seen again.

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-kiacarnivalspotted1068x610.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 08:53   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Point well taken mate. What I wanted to say is north of 30 L will be considered as an inflated price for a a Kia Carnival.
Pricing will look inflated only when compared with other markets. If the overpriced Crysta can sell in huge numbers, Kia Carnival will definitely be VFM.
Old 20th December 2019, 18:01   #75
Senior - BHPian

Kia Carnival's India webpage goes live

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Kia India has launched the official website for the Carnival MPV. The website says 'Coming Soon' and lists features like dual-panel electric sunroof, VIP rear seats with entertainment system, one-touch power-sliding side doors and a powered tailgate.

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-carnival.jpg

The Carnival has a tiger nose grille at the front with twin-pod headlamps and LED fog lights. It has dual-tone bumpers and wraparound tail lights. The website indicates that the Carnival is likely to get power sliding rear doors. It has dual-tone interiors with a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel, twin-dial instrument cluster with a central MID and a touchscreen infotainment system. In global markets, it is offered in 7, 8 or 11-seater configurations.

The Kia Carnival will be powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine which produces 199 BHP @ 3,800 rpm and 441 Nm @ 1,750-2,750 rpm. The engine could be mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News
ChiragM is online now   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed