Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2019, 23:46   #46
BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival and Venue/Brezza Rival coming in 2020

The Carnival has a major issue that can possibly act as a hindrance to its success -- The Sliding doors

They should do something about it, as people here get reminded of the Kidnapper's car, the Omni, the moment they see such a door.

Otherwise, looks like a comfortable and possibly better alternative to the Innova.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 01:15   #47
BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival and Venue/Brezza Rival coming in 2020

Looks like Kia is on a roll. They have chosen the right vehicles for India.

Seltos - They simply nailed it.
Venue rival - This will indeed increase their market volume big time.
Carnival - If priced right, it would be an great alternative to the overpriced Innova.
Old 15th October 2019, 05:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

re: Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs

I hope they don't launch the Carnival. I have some experience with it, and it's hardly trendy. When the time came for it to go, there were just no buyers. The car has all kinds of angles, a bulky rear and sliding doors. So Kia, please research well before you launch!
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 06:16   #49
BHPian

Carnival will be an interesting proposition as an upgrade from Innova/Crysta. However, my main concern is its GC as it appears to be low slung. Innova does the job well on our roads as it has a decent amount of GC. A low slung MPV especially with a longer wheel base will not be suited for touring.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 10:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Kia Carnival MPV to be launched at 2020 Auto Expo

According to a media report, the Kia Carnival MPV is likely to be launched at the upcoming Auto Expo, which opens on February 5, 2020. Bookings are rumoured to commence in January 2020.

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-kiacarnivalgalleryexterior4cityparked.jpg

The Kia Carnival measures 5,115 mm in length, 1,985 mm in width and 1,740 mm in height with a wheelbase of 3,060 mm. It is available in 7, 8 or 11-seat configurations. Reports suggest that Kia might offer the 7-seat version in India.

In India, the Carnival is expected to be offered with a BS-VI compliant, 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 199 BHP and 441 Nm. A 6-speed automatic transmission could be offered with it.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 11:20   #51
RWD
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Kia Carnival MPV to be launched at 2020 Auto Expo

Have said it before, and will say it again - What a sweet looking MPV! Perhaps, one of the best designs ever. Cohesive, proportionate, and, premium looking. Even the chrome wheels look justified. Well done Kia!

Although, never been a big fan of MPVs as personal vehicle, but this one makes me want to own one.

And with 199 bhp and 441 NM it won't be no slouch, either. Perfect car for family road trips! Hope it'll come with pano roof as well.
RWD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 14:13   #52
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Kia Carnival MPV to be launched at 2020 Auto Expo

Even better. It has 2 separate sunroofs both of which can be opened. So the rear passenger can also look out from the car unlike panoramic roofs where it opens only at the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
Have said it before, and will say it again - What a sweet looking MPV! Perhaps, one of the best designs ever. Cohesive, proportionate, and, premium looking. Even the chrome wheels look justified. Well done Kia!

Although, never been a big fan of MPVs as personal vehicle, but this one makes me want to own one.

And with 199 bhp and 441 NM it won't be no slouch, either. Perfect car for family road trips! Hope it'll come with pano roof as well.
spkrnh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 09:49   #53
BHPian

No doubt , the Carnival is a highly acclaimed product with quality levels considerably better than the Innova but I doubt it'll be able to replicate the kind of success Seltos has achieved for Kia (going by current sales) . Reasons for that -

1) Realistically the pricing might be just under the 30l mark - resulting in the on road price crossing 32l - which will make it a good 5-6 lacs expensive than Innova
2) It'll simply miss the reliability, after sales and resale value of the Toyota brand - one of the main reasons behind Innova's success
3) With pricing around 30 lacs, it'll be in around the same price segment as Fortuner and Endeavour. - I know that they might not be as comfy the carnival but going by the SUV craze, I can not help but think that people will go for the SUVs

But that doesn't mean that I don't want the Carnival to be a success story, I'd love it.
Shashwat.75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 13:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
Kia small SUV for India spied for first time

Based on Hyundai Venue platform. Rival to Maruti Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Mahindra XUV300.

Source - Rushlane.com
Hope Kia is successful in eliminating the hatchback look from the Venue’s silhouette which otherwise is a handsome design.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 15:40   #55
BHPian

Just give the new BS6 compliant 1.5 diesel engine mated to an automatic gearbox and this will definitely be my next car!
I love the Venue but hate the fact that it looks much smaller than the competition. I hope Kia gets the styling right with their version of the Venue.
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 20:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just a question on the Carnival. Is it a traditional ladder on frame chassis or is it monocoque? The Innova has been abuse friendly mainly due to its traditional ladder on frame build, or at least thats what I assume.
Kia and Hyundai currently have no ladder on frame cars in India, so an isolated model like the Carnival being built on the ladder on frame chassis may prove to be expensive?
Old 19th October 2019, 21:34   #57

KIA sub 4 meter SUV
https://m.indiacarnews.com/article/k...ezza/35612/amp
Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-mcms.jpeg
aceplaybill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 22:14   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just a question on the Carnival. Is it a traditional ladder on frame chassis or is it monocoque? The Innova has been abuse friendly mainly due to its traditional ladder on frame build, or at least thats what I assume.
Monocoque, FWD, and is kinda related to the Hyundai Sante Fe platform wise.

Hyundai has a BOF, RWD van called the H-1/H-100/i800/Starex, and is a direct competitor to the Hiace and Urvan.

Guess Kia is trying to target the private buyers, joint family type who wouldn't mind exchanging durability for more refinement.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 01:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
Just give the new BS6 compliant 1.5 diesel engine mated to an automatic gearbox and this will definitely be my next car!
I love the Venue but hate the fact that it looks much smaller than the competition. I hope Kia gets the styling right with their version of the Venue.
That would be SWEET! Only thing keeping me away from Venue is the lack to Diesel auto box, DCT needs time to prove itself and GDI engines too seem to be notorious in terms of reliability.

Sweet 1.5L Diesel plus Venue's compact size would be an amazing recipe for the perfect urban SUV.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 20:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
DCT needs time to prove itself and GDI engines too seem to be notorious in terms of reliability.
Even I am away from the Venue because of the same reason. Someone in the Seltos thread said that the GDI engines aren't reliable and the DCT heats up a lot in traffic conditions and sadly, this is the main reason why we buy ATs!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed