Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2020, 08:43   #166
BHPian

re: Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I thought they showed her sitting in the 4th row in the 9 seater variant.Pause at 5.44.
She sat both in the 4th row of the 9 seater and 3rd row of the limousine variant. The 9 seater variant looks too cramped for a premium MPV.
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:09   #167
BHPian

Saw the carnival in the flesh and it was a delight. She is larger than any MPV I have ever seen and the captain seats are comfy. Since the car was being transported it had back seat covered and I could not seat there but the first and second row were great.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:36   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
The question is how much fight does Carnival want to bring to Innova - barge in right inside the fort or challenge to coexist. The key is pricing here.

Innova has a huge following in our market but with Ertiga / XL6 as the cheaper alternative and Carnival as a slightly higher priced competitor to Toyota offering, Innova has a challenge at hand now.
In my opinion, Toyota will remain the taxi king! And probably a choice in hinterlands where reliability is paramount. Kia will always be looked at as a premium offering. So more urban and 5 star fleet kinds. Kia has to prove itself as rugged if not more as toyota.
And like you mention, the ertiga, marazzo, innova and carnival all line up in different segments nicely. What Toyota will lose for sure is customers who want luxury MPV and don't mind paying but had no other choice beyond the Innova.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:52   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
She sat both in the 4th row of the 9 seater and 3rd row of the limousine variant. The 9 seater variant looks too cramped for a premium MPV.
The 9 seater ain't premium cause it's only in lower trim level and is meant as people mover, taxi, commercial use mainly. Most families will get 7 or seater and only large joint families might need 9 seater config. It's obvious if you get 4 row seating then you will lose out on premium and luxury comfort.

The fact that Kia offers as people mover plus premium MPV is commendable as it covers a much larger target base.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:59   #170
Senior - BHPian

Having driver the Carnival (8 seater) extensively here in the UAE, the only thing I can say is that it should not be compared to the Innova.

It is a much larger and more premium offering compared to the Innova.

The interiors are really roomy (even the third row if you adjust the second row), the AC is very strong, the cabin feels premium and is well loaded.

Even the on-road manners like ride quality and sound insulation is quite a step up over the Innova. When I drove this car back in 2016, it was on my wish-list to be launched in India!

Here, we drive the 3.3 V6 petrol motor with 276 bhp. But being a heavy car, the acceleration feels quite relaxed. I hope the torque of the diesel engine compensates for this.
raj_5004 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 18:28   #171
BHPian

Would be interesting to know whether KIA has employed SCR based tech for exhaust treatment or LNT tech as in Seltos.

I presume it should SCR for 2.2 L engine. But couldn't find anything online which details this aspect.
Old 21st January 2020, 19:28   #172
BHPian

I never had interests in MPV, even when Innova Crysta was launched. But Carnival is just awesome and I am drooling over it since yesterday. Very rarely an MPV will score in looks as well as comfort. Kia for sure is here to stay for decades. I wish Kia comes up with an MPV within 20 L bracket in the near future.
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:50   #173
Senior - BHPian

As per the website quoted below, Kia Carnival has been launched in Telangana between Rs.16.14 to 23 Lakhs, which is excellent value for money looking at it's proportions, engine specs and oodles of space inside. It will surely give Innova Crysta a run for it's money at this price point. This is way below the expected starting price, as far as I remember in discussions everywhere.

Website :- https://telanganatoday.com/kia-carni...d-in-hyderabad

Quote:
Hyderabad: Kia Motors India unveiled its new multi-utility vehicle (MUV) Kia Carnival in Hyderabad through its official dealer partner Vihaan Auto on Tuesday. With this launch, customers can avail test drive facility and experience the car. The MUV is priced between Rs 16.14 lakh and Rs 23 lakh. Vihaan Auto established its footprint in Kukatpally and Secunderabad, with the launch of its dealership and facility. The dealership has sold over 1,000 KIA Seltos in record time.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 22nd January 2020 at 10:02.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:18   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What Toyota will lose for sure is customers who want luxury MPV and don't mind paying but had no other choice beyond the Innova.
I hope your words come true pretty soon. Toyota has been milking Indian customers in the name of reliability without actually offering much VFM for the pricing of the Innova.

If Kia is able to dethrone Toyota on the so-called Premium Reliable MPV moniker, then its good for the Indian customers.
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:40   #175
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I hope your words come true pretty soon. Toyota has been milking Indian customers in the name of reliability without actually offering much VFM for the pricing of the Innova.

If Kia is able to dethrone Toyota on the so-called Premium Reliable MPV moniker, then its good for the Indian customers.
Reliability at a premium is not a crime, IMO. But premium for "no competition" is a crime.

In a similar way, Kia and its big brother Hyundai is milking the Indian customers by pricing the Creta and Seltos in the current range. The reason for both the cases? There is no proper competition for Innova and Creta/Seltos twins. Now Carnival comes to compete with Innova. Will there be a competitor for Creta / Seltos from Toyota?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd January 2020 at 10:49.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:51   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
wow..16-23 is amazing.. would sell like hot cakes if this is true. I was ready to stretch my budget to 35 for the top trim..super value for money.
Even in Pakistan with few less features it is costing 30.5

Last edited by abhi1881 : 22nd January 2020 at 11:54.
abhi1881 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:02   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Even in Pakistan with few less features it is costing 30.5
It is easier to fool them ;-)

Carnival cannot be priced more than Innova. At best it would be the same if not lesser. We are obsessed with Toyota when it comes to MPV and SUV costing north of 25 Lakhs. So to capture that market no other brand can bring in a product which is expensive then the Innova or Fortuner. If they do then it is bound to fail before the launch itself.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:17   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
It is easier to fool them ;-)
So, what do you think Toyota is doing to us with respect to the Innova?
We have enough evidence around us to suggest that our car buying public is most gullible of the lot.

Coming to the Carnival, it's about time we had something like this in our market - with our population, this is the car we need. Will truly be a game changer and IMO Kia can afford to lose some of the bells and whistles and come with an attractive base variant price. I can imagine hotels loving these too.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:34   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, what do you think Toyota is doing to us with respect to the Innova?
We have enough evidence around us to suggest that our car buying public is most gullible of the lot.
True that. I meant it is easier to fool them and not that we have not been fooled ourselves. Like you even I wish that Kia somehow manages to price the Carnival within Innova price bracket. It is time to give Toyota sleepless nights with competitive pricing, reliability and lower ownership costs. Wont happen overnight but a good start is always appreciated in India. And they have Seltos as a good brand ambassador already.

Quote:
Coming to the Carnival, it's about time we had something like this in our market - with our population, this is the car we need.
On the contrary, we do not need big cars anymore. Our roads, population and traffic condition do not allow to drive around such long MPVs. Small and automatic cars are the need of the hour.

Quote:
Will truly be a game changer and IMO Kia can afford to lose some of the bells and whistles and come with an attractive base variant price. I can imagine hotels loving these too.
Hotel Industry will love it for the airport transfers but it wont be a big hit with tourist car purchasers. Difficult to overlook the reliability of Toyota Innova and also the price if too high will only appeal to a lesser percentage of market.
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:44   #180
Team-BHP Support

Kia releases a video brochure for the Carnival, explaining the car in over 8 minutes.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks