Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2006, 06:04   #16
BANNED

I'm wondering why Cedia was never a hit when compared to the older Lancer which was an instant hit. Maybe, due to the bad image created by the oldie in the maintenance & resale value front.
Old 26th December 2006, 07:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
it is 50g more than the city ! i paid 9.45l for my city cvt
So lets call it Rs 1 lakh more than the manual equivalent
Old 26th December 2006, 11:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm wondering why Cedia was never a hit when compared to the older Lancer which was an instant hit. Maybe, due to the bad image created by the oldie in the maintenance & resale value front.
When Lancer was the king, its only challenge was from OHC, and Lancer was a more practical family car than OHC. When the Octavias and Corollas and second-hand Accords, etc came into the picture, Lancer slipped badly.
Old 26th December 2006, 12:18   #19

grod review fight_club.. I actually hesitated a lot before purchasing my Civic. I test drived Cedia three times bt finally went for the Civic because 1/ it s really a fantastic car 2/ of the image.

What I would say about the Cedia is that most of people talking/writing about it must has not test driven it specially reg. the engine which for me has the prefect tuning for indian road/ traffic conditions with an excellent torque (you get the power when you need it). Balance is nearly perfect and braking amazing. At high speed (165-170) the handling was not that good but these are not speeds we are suppose to drive in India.

Of course Mitsubishi should have improve the interiors but they are not that bad (except for the swich and the outdated stereo system). And finally when you drive the car does it matter so much?

Appart of Civic (which is a league ahead) and with the price OTR you are mentionning I would buy Cedia anyday instead of the corolla, Optra (obviously!!) or even Octavia !
Old 26th December 2006, 13:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post

i noticed it offered amazing ride and still their was no compromise on handling i took one curve in
Quote:
forth gear doing 4500 rpm.
no body roll. i kept braking it at that speed and no drama.

Nice review fight_club. but can you explain this to me ?? you were in the fourth gear & revving at 4500 RPM ?? man, you must have been doing something like 140KMph or more. where were you driving like that ???
Old 26th December 2006, 19:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Nice review fight_club. but can you explain this to me ?? you were in the fourth gear & revving at 4500 RPM ?? man, you must have been doing something like 140KMph or more. where were you driving like that ???
thanks mate, i was driving it at palm beach where you can always get lucky .

going by the various posts it can be safely said that Cedia does command respect in the hearts of driving enthusiast for the obvious reasons. I mentioned Mr. Linto to keep an eye on this site to get some valuable feedbaks.

regarding spares cost, he told me that most of them are imported as localization is gonna take time and hence the higher cost.
Old 27th December 2006, 19:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

4500 RPM in 4th is more like 160-170kmph..
Old 28th December 2006, 21:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

ride and handling is what I give more weightage to when choosing a car.

Lancer 1.5 didnt have the power but boy did handle like a beauty.

but then also imp are the hot property looks. cedia looses out here.

Lancer 1.5 was an instant hit mostly for its looks. civic and optra outgun the cedia in this regard.
Old 29th December 2006, 00:44   #24
elf
BANNED

The Cedia's a lovely car, & the styling is growing on me. No, not like a wart.

With this 2.0L engine & it's bottom end, even I can't seem to figure out why it's not selling. Maybe something to do with the marketing effort from HM.
Old 29th December 2006, 13:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

The service levels aren't too good either. (No, not like fiat, thats another level)
Old 29th December 2006, 13:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The service levels aren't too good either. (No, not like fiat, thats another level)
You haven't exactly owned any Fiat in past, isn't it?
Old 29th December 2006, 17:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Fiat atleast shows its presence wheras Mitsubishi seemed to be dead some time ago. Just got up when the Cedia was launched. The Lancer needs a better engine and boy it can kick some C segmenters a**.

Also i feel main reason for Cedia not selling is dealership network. After poor car launched from HM many dealers have given up their dealership for HM and now dealing in Skodas Chevrolets, etc. If only spares were cheaper it would make matters better for them.
Old 30th December 2006, 02:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is fast, but not fast enough. But with some tuning, this baby can move quick. Anyways, i was at Metro motors a couple of days back and here is what i came across. You have to see this particular Cedia in person. It absolutely rocks!!

X
Old 30th December 2006, 12:39   #29
elf
BANNED

Nice alloys - the hyper-black goes well with the yellow. Don't much care for the black hood though.

There's a similar looking Cedia I've often seen around Bandra.
Old 30th December 2006, 19:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
You haven't exactly owned any Fiat in past, isn't it?
nope, fortunately not. do i need to own one to really know how well they support their lovely cars ???

Most Viewed