Team-BHP - Has the time come to say no to the OHC.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Has the time come to say no to the OHC. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19875-has-time-come-say-no-ohc-4.html)

Its bound to happen if not now then may be after a year or so.. what I mean is that there will still be car enthusiast looking for the class and power going for OHC. But those will select few who are not simply going to OHC cuz it is cool to do so or since their best 'friend' has got one, instead who really appreciate the mean machine. I do not see that in India we will get to see anything close to OHC in near future, we may get more powerful, faster cars (we already have few) but the legent will live on.

p.s. when the demand drops and proces fall as effect yours truly will be the first one to go for one, can not really afford one now as the prices are inflated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathfinder (Post 352616)
Its bound to happen if not now then may be after a year or so.. what I mean is that there will still be car enthusiast looking for the class and power going for OHC. But those will select few who are not simply going to OHC cuz it is cool to do so or since their best 'friend' has got one, instead who really appreciate the mean machine. I do not see that in India we will get to see anything close to OHC in near future, we may get more powerful, faster cars (we already have few) but the legent will live on.
p.s. when the demand drops and proces fall as effect yours truly will be the first one to go for one, can not really afford one now as the prices are inflated.

I feel the OHC has become the Indian "Skyline GTR" :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetanhanda (Post 352701)
I feel the OHC has become the Indian "Skyline GTR" :)

Errr, that is a bit too much isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 352806)
Errr, that is a bit too much isn't it?

give me 1 reason why not ?
1st choice of every tuner, very much ahead of its competition when it came out, was known as a driver's car, was known for its engine, most easily tuned and responds very well to tuning, had good power to weight ratio.. how many cars came close to 100 BHP per tonne when the OHC came out .. ? with slight mods it could outrun more glamorous/expensive cars for that price range

plz give me your reasons..why its not an "Indian skyline" ?

OHC is an easily affordable "skyline", totally second what chetanhanda said!!!. Still we can see people hunting for OHC for modification purposes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 351930)
arrey hellspawn, stop making assumptions and start being nice to ishan, understand what he's trying to say -

he hasn't mention why people are "after him" to sell his car to them. These people are wealthy enthusiasts who cannot go through the pain of seeing his car on a regular basis so they simply want to do social seva to fellow brethren like yourself .. ;)

once they buy the car, trust me, you won't be seeing it no more .. he he

ohh!i agree.anyway steel prices have increased so they will buy the car from ishan and then sell it to a junkyard as scrap and still make a profit on it.:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetanhanda (Post 352811)
give me 1 reason why not ?
..... with slight mods it could outrun more glamorous/expensive cars for that price range

plz give me your reasons..why its not an "Indian skyline" ?

The Skyline. Well, to an extent what you say is true - obviously you would have had to spend 10L plus to get the car. However, please dont mix Skyline with City dude. Some comparisons should not be made. Call it Supra for all I care. Just leave the GTR alone. The City is nowhere near in mystique - all that is known about City with the aam janta is 'mileage'. When you say 'GTR', you can feel the hush. The City comes nowhere close.

Besides, I think the Baleno and Lancer should get equal credit for all the tuning possibilities etc .....

P.S. You really hurt my sensibilities. City + GTR? No no ... :)
P.P.S. Some cars ( I will not name names) can outrun more glamorous/expensive cars even in stock form. What should I be calling them?
P.P.P.S. No offence. I just happen to love the GTR - any comparison is sacrilege.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetanhanda (Post 352811)
how many cars came close to 100 BHP per tonne when the OHC came out .. ?

eh.... the old outdated esteem ??? 97.7, i think, to the tonne. but the OHC is a far better car anyday. cheers:)

Just one thought, doesnt matter how old the car is, as long its trouble free and no nonsense why not buy it for all it gives?? Its every racer boys dream car today so I feel the image will only rise from its shortage in times to come. I always compared an OHC with RD350, both are dont mess with me type of machines and both have an image that is hard to be washed by few people who really havent owned one or experienced what its got to offer.

The day I purchased my OHC vtec n had a drive in it I knew that the car is gonna stay with me for much longer than I wouldve otherwise...

The car is a sheer pleasure to drive n not many cars give so much VFM and feel.

After all is said and done, ok if there is a day day when you get bored of your stock OHC, theres tons of things you can do to it to revive its lustre coz the market has lots to offer for this car...body kits, preformance products, you name it! In a country like India where we have cars like M800 still selling like crazy OHC at a good price is a Gods gift if nothing else!!!:Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 354221)
The Skyline. Well, to an extent what you say is true - obviously you would have had to spend 10L plus to get the car. However, please dont mix Skyline with City dude. Some comparisons should not be made. Call it Supra for all I care. Just leave the GTR alone. The City is nowhere near in mystique - all that is known about City with the aam janta is 'mileage'. When you say 'GTR', you can feel the hush. The City comes nowhere close.

Besides, I think the Baleno and Lancer should get equal credit for all the tuning possibilities etc .....

P.S. You really hurt my sensibilities. City + GTR? No no ... :)
P.P.S. Some cars ( I will not name names) can outrun more glamorous/expensive cars even in stock form. What should I be calling them?
P.P.P.S. No offence. I just happen to love the GTR - any comparison is sacrilege.

I thought I was the biggest fan of the GTR.. but now Ive come across another ..
dude .. all due respect to the skyline.. skyline is the god of street tuner cars..
Im not comparing it to the skyline, Im just saying that in India city is also loved by tuners just the way the skyline is loved in japan.
I will never dare to say city is even close to the skyline in terms of tunability, performace, handling etc etc even the looks...
I am trying to highlight the point that -- the way skyline ruled/ still rules the tuner scene in Japan , the same way all crazy tuners love the city in India.. also after the skyline went out of production ppl still hunt for it for tuning purpose, so similar analogy can be applied to the city in India- its out of production but tuners still look for a city and its no 1 on their list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 354221)
all that is known about City with the aam janta is 'mileage'. When you say 'GTR', you can feel the hush. The City comes nowhere close.

dude we are not aam janta, we know cars.. the people who feel city = mileage are not the car freak/tuner crowd...
those same ppl who dont know OHC will also not know the GTR.

also plz read my post again - Im saying city is to India is what Skyline is to japan or the world.
it would be very funny to think if a TBHPian would compare a city to a skyline directly.. cmon dude plz give me some credit Im also a fan of the GTR...:p