Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2018, 07:31   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is the 9th most valuable car brand in the world

Maruti Suzuki scales a new milestone.

- In a first , Maruti Suzuki, India's largest automaker, has managed to break into the global Top 10 brand chart for the auto sector and is now the 9th most valuable auto brand in the world, ahead of Volkswagen and just behind Tesla.

Maruti Suzuki is the 9th most valuable car brand in the world-brandzrankings.jpg

Quote:
Kantar Millward Brown has released their annual BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands report which claims Toyota is once again the most valuable automaker with a valuation of $29.9 billion.
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki was a new comer this year as the brand came in 9th with a valuation of $6.3 billion. The firm credits their ranking to strong growth and a network of premium dealerships selling an affordable luxury model through Nexa showrooms
Quote:
On top of the list at the number one position is Toyota (for the sixth year in succession) rated at a staggering $ 29,987 million, a growth of 5 per cent as compared to the year before.
In second place was luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz that showcased a growth of 9 per cent and is valued at $ 25,684 million followed closely by rival German automaker BMW in third place at $ 25,624 million and a growth of 4 percent.
Tesla, which at $ 9,415 million comes in at 8th place, just above Maruti Suzuki.

Source:

Last edited by Aditya : 31st May 2018 at 08:43.
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 10:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki: Outpacing the industry

Call me a noob, but is my understanding of Brand Contribution correct? I have tried to explain it using an example below.

Considering Maruti Suzuki earns Rs.100, then Rs.60 is coming purely because of the name Maruti Suzuki? Likewise for Toyota, Rs.80 because of the name alone?

If this is wrong, can someone please explain this concept to me?
Old 30th May 2018, 17:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Suzuki is the 9th most valuable car brand in the world

Maruti Suzuki is the 9th most valuable car brand in the world - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 19:14   #4
BHPian

I had, in my perception, both Mercedes-Benz and BMW on the same pedestal. If the brand contribution of MB is higher, presume this means that MB can price its cars same as BMW and have higher sales.
Old 31st May 2018, 01:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4m4kr15hn4n View Post
Call me a noob, but is my understanding of Brand Contribution correct? I have tried to explain it using an example below.

Considering Maruti Suzuki earns Rs.100, then Rs.60 is coming purely because of the name Maruti Suzuki? Likewise for Toyota, Rs.80 because of the name alone?

If this is wrong, can someone please explain this concept to me?
I am unsure if that is the correct interpretation. Caveat: I too could be wrong.

From what I understand, this is just the Brand Equity i.e. the value of the brand , the name - "Maruti Suzuki".

So the valuation of the brand is based on perception in the eyes of the consumers.

And thanks to the ingenuity of American marketing, the world's most valuable brands have always been American in the last few decades - IBM, Coke, Apple, Microsoft, Pepsi, Google etc. I guess at some point Sony, Toyota, Honda must have been in the Top 10; maybe still are.

Asian brands have always had to play catch up even with Europe - I am pretty sure no Indian company would have the same brand valuation as that of a Lego - which comes from a country of less than 10 million - Denmark.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 11:27   #6
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4m4kr15hn4n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post

From what I understand, this is just the Brand Equity i.e. the value of the brand , the name - "Maruti Suzuki".

So the valuation of the brand is based on perception in the eyes of the consumers.

I might also be completely wrong here but my interpretation of Brand Contribution is the foot-fall a brand can generate in its showrooms just because they are a certain brand. From the above attachment, it could mean that every 3 out of 5 car buyers visit Maruti showrooms before finalizing the car. This may or may not get converted into a sale but the brand itself was able to pull the prospective customer into their showroom.

I might be wrong though.

Edit:

Just read the last line in the attachment. It says "Brand Contribution measures the influence of brand alone on earnings.

This might mean that 3 out of every 5 customers buy a Maruti Suzuki just becuase it is a Maruti Suzuki.

Last edited by A M : 31st May 2018 at 11:33.
Old 11th June 2023, 13:53   #7
BHPian

Mahindra beats Maruti in valuation ! Cheers to Thar, Scorpio, XUV, Bolero, Tractors and 3Whelers.
Maruti Suzuki is the 9th most valuable car brand in the world-c88941d7bd704515a44c8f0297a6d89f_400top5autobrands.jpg

Also we are witnessing the rarest of the rarest Maruti V/S Mahindra fight in the market too , JIMNY V/S THAR.

AutocarPRO

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 11th June 2023 at 13:56.
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks