Team-BHP - Good news for car buyer's
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Good news for car buyer's (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19906-good-news-car-buyers.html)

Hello all,

New car buyer's, hold your decision, until next budget!
Here is the great news from our finance ministry, about to cut further excise duty on small cars & extending to B segment!!?

:)

http://www.businessstandard.com/common/storypage_c.php?leftnm=10&bKeyFlag=BO&autono=26921 2&chkFlg=

good news, but posted in wrong section

Mods note: Thread moved to right section.

Heres more good news:

18 new cars in 2007 pit stop, awaiting launch.

subbarao, thats a very good link. Nice to see proactive steps from the Indian govt towards making India a motoring country. Next required - the infrastructure to making this dream practical and achievable.

But heres the bad part/consequences:

Delhi autos alone can cover 200 km

Quote:

The excise cut is expected to bring down the price of luxury sedans like the Maruti Esteem to the Honda City and the Toyota Camry to the Mercedes C Class by Rs 50,000 to Rs 200,000.
:p See there, who is still there in the Luxury sedan list :p

A very useful find, subbarao

But the car cos are going to increase the prices of almost all the cars in the coming months. So will the price increase nullify this excise cut ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 344497)
A very useful find, subbarao

But the car cos are going to increase the prices of almost all the cars in the coming months. So will the price increase nullify this excise cut ???

actually you are right, thats what happened in the past. if the central gov decide some waiver the state gov increase some other taxes. the previous waiver on excise from 22 to 16 has done no good accept making some news. unfortunately i bought my car in feb 2006 when the excise was high as much as 22% :Frustrati . but then its ok, i enjoyed my car fromt the day i bought it :I Rule:

Subbarao : Thank you for the link. It really has increased the excitement level with car owners & prospective buyers.

I am really interested about volvo cars, sound really exciting

well mithun,
as for your question "Will the price increase nullify this excise cut" yes and no. maybe a little bit. price increase will be around 15k-150k on most cars but price cut would be 30k-200k. so most of the janta can save around 5-10k and that would be it

I think there is some bad news ahead for the car buyers...The Insurance De-Regulation !!!

De-Regulation will surely shoot up the Total Cost of Ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 345995)
I think there is some bad news ahead for the car buyers...The Insurance De-Regulation !!!

De-Regulation will surely shoot up the Total Cost of Ownership.

From what i have heard... It wont shoot up cost of ownership by much, for the normal drivers..

But, in case, you have a record of accidents, or car is driven regularly by someone else, insurance complanies can charge a premium...

Correct me if i am wrong, please...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 346004)
From what i have heard... It wont shoot up cost of ownership by much, for the normal drivers..

But, in case, you have a record of accidents, or car is driven regularly by someone else, insurance complanies can charge a premium...

Correct me if i am wrong, please...

Yes, I've also read in some newspapers that the insurance premium will be based on your claim history. Also, it may depend on the city you live in, the make and model of the car (whether it is more prone to theft), the cost of spare parts, availability of spares etc...

Quote:

While diesel cars was only Tata Motors' forte in India till now, Maruti is expected to tilt the scales in its favour with the diesel version of the Swift. With a 1.3 litre multijet heart, the car is expected to be priced at Rs 6.4 lakh.
Swift at 6.4 lacs :Shockked: Why don't i just buy Fiesta / or verna or even Safari by putting in some more cash ?