Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 12:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki could revive the brand 'Zen'

MSIL was successfully able to do this with Baleno and Vitara. They tried once(with Zen) and failed. However, I always considered Zen Estilo a half-hearted effort. Just like Santro, Zen is still alive in people's mind as a successful car.

I got a chance to read " Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" book during my teenage. I started reading this book just to understand the relation between a Zen car and Motorcycle Maintenance. I was not able to finish that book but I understood the meaning of Zen.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 13:41   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki could revive the brand 'Zen'

They could & they should. Most people still associate 'Zen' with the original jellybean, and not the Zen Estilo. It's got incredible brand value for anyone in their 30s & 40s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Ignis I drove recently had all the character of a Zen, except for the odd looks of-course(which I actually like).
Now that you mention, yes! Indeed the Ignis has some attributes of the old Zen, including the premium pricing.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 21:15   #18
BANNED

There is already a car which could have become the ‘ Zen ‘, the Polo, if it had the hydraulic power steering of Punto. I’m sure if Maruti had launched Polo with the Zen name plate, it would have become a smash hit. I still miss the Zen which was my companion of 14 years. It would be a gross injustice to put that name on an compact SUV.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 13:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
According to the latest in news, India's top car maker by sales & market share, the behemoth- Maruti Suzuki could revive its good old brand name Zen in the form of a new sub-compact SUV, which may sit just below the Vitara Brezza in the product line-up.
The Brezza itself is a beefed up Swift and a wanna-be SUV! Now this new thing is gonna be a wanna-be wanna-be SUV!

MS - Please don't use the Zen nomenclature for this wbwb SUV of yours! Zen is a classic, please let it remain one!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks