Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2018, 13:23   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: May 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hope the below disclaimer answers your question.

The BHPian may have taken delivery of a car is stock. These figures are not indicative of manufacturer sales and only illustrate factory dispatches.
I do know that the figures are factory dispatches and not retail sales.

Fiat has produced 14 cars in 2018 and one BHPian took delivery of April 2018 make Abarth Punto last month. But if we see the chart, there was no dispatch of any Abarth from factory since last couple of months. Hence the doubt. May be Abarth Punto is listed under Punto and not Abarth?

This post clearly says it's April 2018 car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4398807

Also check this post about 2018 make cars in stock at factory.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4393165

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 8th June 2018 at 13:28.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 13:51   #32
BHPian

Looks like Yaris has eaten into the shares of previous 3
Attached Images

peus017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 14:07   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by peus017 View Post
Looks like Yaris has eaten into the shares of previous 3
Wouldn't agree with that.

Ciaz facelift is almost here. Could be the reason for the reduction in sales. City was obviously sidelined for the Amaze this month, Honda giving priority to the new launch.

IMO - we need to wait a couple more months to see how the Yaris affects the segment.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th June 2018 at 14:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 14:17   #34
BANNED

The gap between Tata and Mahindra is slowly reducing. Looks like it is just a matter of time before Tata edges ahead. Having said that, their approach has been rather conservative. They come late to the party and still go about things very casually. Waiting to see if the production variants of H series vehicles are any better.

Maruti numbers reminds me of some video games where in we get 2X or 3X 'multipliers' for our score A colleague of mine had got his new Swift VXi and everything in the car feels cheap. The plastics, thickness of window glass, switchgear, untidy engine compartment etc. I do not want to talk about build quality as that will create a big argument altogether. End of the day, the reality is - this is what sells in India.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 14:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
7) Most surprising in the MSIL line-up S-Cross with its highest dispatch since the refresh. This without an automatic and no petrol. A little chrome is all that takes to get noticed huh!
Probably due to my unbiased review and ownership , same happened with Civic sales too after my ownership thread went live .

Much more than the pun, its a good practical car, and from maruti stable it clicked with the new attention it got with the facelift

Last edited by laluks : 8th June 2018 at 14:33.
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 14:39   #36
BHPian

I think we are reading too much into the city sales compared to the Ciaz. It looks to be a case of Honda prioritising Amaze production at the cost of all other cars (City and WRV especially) hence the massive decrease in sales across the portfolio. Things should stabilise in a couple of months and the Honda should be back to its original 4k levels although there might be some discounts to be had because of the Yaris which is targeting the City's petrol automatic USP directly.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 17:03   #37
BHPian

Interesting to see Creta sales cross those of i10. Would be curious to know if this is a single month phenomenon or a trend to watch out for.

Also, any reason why the Hexa is classified as an MUV and not an SUV?
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 01:45   #38
BHPian

Most of us noticed cars that have made huge gains (or losses), but I'm just very curious about Mitsubishi's scene here.

They have dispatched ZERO cars for the last few months, not a single digit but Z-E-R-O!
What are they even doing? How are the dealers managing? How are the service centres managing? Hell, how is the company managing?
bansal.sushant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 01:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
Also, any reason why the Hexa is classified as an MUV and not an SUV?
I think the Hexa is targeted against innova and looks like a van from most of the angles hence it falls in MUV segment.
Old 9th June 2018, 04:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
Hell, how is the company managing?
I feel they don't give a damn anymore being a part of the Nissan Renault alliance now. They launched the Outlander too but its shocking to see that no dispatches for the same too has been made.

I guess they've kind of lured the dealers promising them new launches. Moreover, most of the Mitsubishi dealers already owns different brand dealerships so it doesn't matters them as they're making money via the service centres owing to the few Cedia, Pajero Sport and old Outlanders along with Lancer & Pajero SFX. Secondly, there are hardly any dealers of Mitsubishi left in the country, most of them have shut shop owing to no sales.
Old 9th June 2018, 08:06   #41
BHPian

Mahindra numbers are boosted primarily due to Bolero sales, I've seen this in several months. I wonder what makes the Bolero sell so well.

I also wonder how other manufacturers don't see that and are letting Mahindra rule the roost with the Bolero. Clearly there's a market out there. I'm surprised Tata doesn't have a competitive product against the Bolero!
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 08:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

All of a sudden, started seeing a lot of Cretas and Freestyles on the road. So looks like the premium pricing on the Creta doesn't bother much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
I will not read too much into Honda's numbers. This is a trend that is seen with all new Honda launches. They prioritise production and dispatches of new models over old ones. This helps them keep the waiting period low of these new cars and also keep the demand up for older models.
But still it's got a long waiting period. My friend booked the Amaze in Bangalore and the waiting period is minimum 2 months and that too a base model.
Old 9th June 2018, 09:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

The biggest trend I see from the sales figures over the last months is that the domination of Maruti-Suzuki in the Indian car market. I would not call it a monopoly but this is almost bordering that. I don't understand our obsession with Maruti, it makes decent value-for-money cars no doubt but there are cars from other manufacturers which offer equally good or better in various aspects - build, performance, quality, design etc. Even Maruti's "Flop" cars outsells the best selling products from other companies! Ans no new car launch affects Maruti it seems. Case in point - the new Amaze which I feel is a pretty solid product and a great competitor to Dzire, but it seems it's launch did not have any impact on Dzire
I don't think this is just about reach. Manufacturers like Hyundai, Honda, Toyota,Tata,Mahindra has pretty good reach though not as good but that solely can't justify this trend. There is something else .. it's as if there is a blind trust, it's as if Maruti is the only option to buy a car in India for many prospective buyers. As someone mentioned, we need more competition in the market and we need other manufacturers to do well so that we have a healthy automotive market. I think the time has come for some Disruption in the market otherwise my worry is this will become even more skeweed going forward (also partnership with Toyota in the offing). I wonder who or what will be the Disruptive force ... can't see any in the near future and that's a sign of worry!

Last edited by adimicra : 9th June 2018 at 09:07.
adimicra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 11:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I think the Hexa is targeted against innova and looks like a van from most of the angles hence it falls in MUV segment.
As i said in my previous post, that's a pretty lame factor to consider. Most of the owners were torn between XUV, Compass and Hexa while buying and not the Innova. So i don't think its a direct competition to innova.

Also, it looks butch and has a very capable 4X4, GC, Hill descend/hold, TOD and comes with an adventure kit as well. If cars like captur, WRV, BRV etc are SUVs, then Hexa is one hell of an SUV too. Just classifying it by looks which is rather subjective is not the way!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 13:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Mahindra numbers are boosted primarily due to Bolero sales, I've seen this in several months. I wonder what makes the Bolero sell so well.
Yes, it is strange how other manufacturers are ignoring this. This unchallenged journey of Bolero will be threatened once others, particularly Maruti, come up with their products in this segment.

Last edited by Dhruba_Nazira : 9th June 2018 at 13:21.
Dhruba_Nazira is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks