Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:40   #16
BHPian

Re: VW launches 5-year extended warranty & service package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Like many have asked here, the question is what about those who already have a 2+2 year warranty? I have the same on my 2015 Jetta and wouldn't mind taking an extended warranty for another year.

I just called my service centre and they too are not sure about the extended warranty for cars already on the extended warranty program.
As the link mentions, if your extended warranty is about to expire (30 days to expiry date) you can buy the add on warranty. You km reading should be within 125,000.

This is good for all the folks who had bought their cars 3 or 4 yrs back.
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
As the link mentions, if your extended warranty is about to expire (30 days to expiry date) you can buy the add on warranty. You km reading should be within 125,000.

This is good for all the folks who had bought their cars 3 or 4 yrs back.
Yes but my car already has a 2+2 year warranty. I am currently enjoying the extended warranty period.

Standard Warranty = 02 yrs / 80,000 kms
Extended Warranty 02+01 yr = 03 yrs / 80,000 kms
Extended Warranty 02+02 yrs = 04 yrs / 1,00,000 kms
Extended Warranty 02+03 yrs = 05 yrs / 1,25,000 kms

I am already on the 02+02 yr program and I want the 02+03 yr program which means I need to just buy for 01 year. But no one has clarity on whether this can be done or the cost for the same.

Also the link has a tab for Extended Warranty and Add-on Warranty. What is the difference because both seem to be the same except for the number of years. It's confusing!
Old 22nd August 2018, 13:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:

I am already on the 02+02 yr program and I want the 02+03 yr program which means I need to just buy for 01 year. But no one has clarity on whether this can be done or the cost for the same.
I was in the same boat as you. My car completed 4 years on 18th Aug under 2+2 years extended warranty however it was not possible to extend it for 3rd year. You can see following under 'Buying period' section of official website

'Extended Warranty to be availed within 2 years of new vehicle warranty period'

Add-on warranty seems interesting; digging more into it. Btw was it always there or is it newly introduced?
Old 22nd August 2018, 14:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference because both seem to be the same except for the number of years. It's confusing!
The way the wordings are, extended warranty is something that you can buy anytime during the your current warranty period. Add on warranty is something you can buy only towards the end of your warranty (-30 / +15), whatever type it may be.

Also, I think you can keep on taking it till you vehicle completes 7 yrs, provided you keep buying the add on towards the end of each warranty period.
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
The way the wordings are, extended warranty is something that you can buy anytime during the your current warranty period. Add on warranty is something you can buy only towards the end of your warranty (-30 / +15), whatever type it may be.

Also, I think you can keep on taking it till you vehicle completes 7 yrs, provided you keep buying the add on towards the end of each warranty period.
Yes, this is precisely my understanding as well.
I too have a 2+2 extended warranty.

So when my warranty is about to end, I can buy add-on for +1 yr provided proper timely service performed at VW service center. And keep repeating this until 7yrs. (Which is a boon to a car like GT TSI with DSG gearbox).

A step in the right direction , definitely!
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:12   #21
BHPian

Avail add-on warranty any time from next day of expiry of new vehicle's warranty, but within 7 years from date of vehicle's sale. However, odometer reading of vehicle should be within 125,000 km limit

According to this clause, people who had not opted for extended warranty can take the add-on warranty anytime after the expiry of original warranty untill the car is 7 years old.

So I just spoke to my guy at BU Bhandari in Pune.

My car is a 2014 Jetta and it did not have extended warranty. Its original warranty expired in August 2016. My guy checked with someone and told me that they will have to do an inspection according to a checklist to see if everything is OK. If they find something is not right, they will have to repair it at my cost and then they will give me the add-on warranty.

I am going there this Saturday and post an update then.
Immix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
According to this clause, people who had not opted for extended warranty can take the add-on warranty anytime after the expiry of original warranty untill the car is 7 years old.
Does it mean if I buy a used VW which is out of warranty and go ahead and buy a warranty? I think the only point I need to ensure is regular service at VW dealer and Odo reading.
Old 27th August 2018, 00:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
So I just spoke to my guy at BU Bhandari in Pune.
I am going there this Saturday and post an update then.
Did you get a chance to go there? I am thinking to get this done for my 2016 Vento TSI as well. What was the cost to extend the warranty further?
Old 27th August 2018, 12:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Did you get a chance to go there? I am thinking to get this done for my 2016 Vento TSI as well. What was the cost to extend the warranty further?
See here (Link)
Old 29th August 2018, 15:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I was in the same boat as you. My car completed 4 years on 18th Aug under 2+2 years extended warranty however it was not possible to extend it for 3rd year. You can see following under 'Buying period' section of official website

'Extended Warranty to be availed within 2 years of new vehicle warranty period'

Add-on warranty seems interesting; digging more into it. Btw was it always there or is it newly introduced?
Had a word with my SA, he said that I can opt for one year additional warranty for 47k (Jetta Highline DSG)
I will give it a pass given the steep pricing, the fact that I wasn't required to claim anything during my 2 years of extended warranty & my estimated usage would be around 12k kms for the next year.

One can avail the warranty within 15 day of expiration of extended warranty without car checkup. Post that car needs to inspected & faulty parts needs to be replaced before opting for the warranty.
Old 4th January 2019, 11:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Not sure if its already posted Volkswagen has introduced Add-On warranties of upto 7 years. Here is the link:
Dear Vinay, if you can clear your inbox, would like to send you a message seeking some advice. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks