Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2018, 10:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Bought a new car, but I hate it. Now what?

Baleno is not known for its sturdy built quality , Honestly if i hated my car after the purchase i would rather sell it or just use it sparingly rather than putting stickers of tin can etc to show my frustration.

Expecting a Maruti to be sturdy built is like expecting Mcdonalds to give you fat free food.
karanraheja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 10:42   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Well, if I was the OP, I would want people to empathize only if I was "forced" to buy a baleno. Else hey I had the options, I am a member of TeamBHP and I know the pros and cons of all cars.

Coming to talking about ford freestyle in the same reference as a Volkswagen Polo, I don't think it can be justifiable. Polo is a legit sturdy car while freestyle is still another lightly built car(not only my opinion, even the official review says so).
So if he wan't forced and he himself made a decision which turned out to be a bad one, we shouldn't sympathise with him? Just because it was his own decision, it doesn't help with his concerns with the poor build quality of the car.
The Freestyle is heavier than the Swift by 190KGs. That is in no way another lightly build car. The official review says it is lightly built compared to other Ford from good old days. Please let's stay on the topic. OP, take the plunge man, just sell it off.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 10:49   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Rather than emphathizing with him, you are empathetic towards the stupid car.
Prasanna has summarised my thoughts well below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Well, if I was the OP, I would want people to empathize only if I was "forced" to buy a baleno. Else hey I had the options, I am a member of TeamBHP and I know the pros and cons of all cars. It is like buying a classic 350 knowing well it is a slow bike, and expecting it to do a sub 6 second 0-100 time, and when it doesn't do it, pasting sticker on it stating "this sh*t is slow". It was obvious before the time of purchase, isn't it?
Anyways no offense to OP. It is his courage and right to admit his mistake and show his frustration. My humble opinion is that he might be going overboard with those public display of hate towards the car through those stickers.

Coming to talking about ford freestyle in the same reference as a Volkswagen Polo, I don't think it can be justifiable. Polo is a legit sturdy car while freestyle is still another lightly built car(not only my opinion, even the official review says so).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
In old days there was no choice, yes back then Maruti was a only better option than Amby and premier and few other local car makers. . However now we have more options available. Most of the cars in the market have better FE, space, features, quality same or better than Maruti but our people are not ready to accept that other cars also exist in India.

Thats why our market is becoming boring these days.same brand is seen everywhere. No new exciting launches by other manufacturers because we are not willing to buy those.
So what's the fault of Maruti? That they've converted Indians to sheep? Seriously? That's a victory for the company in any way I see it, and a loss for the other laggards who are the MNCs of the world. The 100k+ (monthly) people think so, the stock market thinks so. Just a handful of people here don't think so.

This is my last post on this topic. We can continue this discussion on the appropriate Maruti thread.
avdhesh15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 10:50   #109
Team-BHP Support

Not everyone who drives a Maruti and crashes in it, dies, do they?

If you drive safely, anticipate, I do not think you have any cause to worry. Though personally would advise to upgrade your tires to better quality ones.

If you get a good price for your car, sell it.
Old 16th June 2018, 10:54   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I honestly don't like what's been done by the OP. Are 15k+ Indians on a monthly basis fools for buying this car ( leave alone the other Maruti cars )?

If you don't like the car, just sell it and cut your losses and move on. That's what I did when I bought the i10.
Its the other way around. Maruti make such cars only because we Indians(atleast the majority) wants that. Now you name them whatever you like. What we want in India? Four wheels to show off peers, Mileage equal to a two wheeler, Workshop closer than a hospital, and resale value equal to a real estate., So maruti serves the market well. Thats it. Maruti is not foolish to sell full suit in a bikini beach.

Last edited by aadya : 16th June 2018 at 10:55. Reason: additional info.
aadya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 10:54   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I am not at all feel safe to drive with my toddler in that crap
Hey man, just thought of another solution. Since you don't feel safe in the Baleno, use it only within the city. When you are heading out on the highway, rent a self-drive car from Zoom / Myles that has a 4 - 5 star NCAP rating .

At Bangalore's crawling traffic speeds, even a Nano is safe enough. For the highway runs, you can pick a top-class car. Problem solved .
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 11:04   #112
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Fellow members here are providing a lot of solutions/band-aids to amvj but no one is trying to understand why he's complaining or why he went to the extreme measures of applying custom built stickers on his car.

Selling off the car and moving on is the easiest and most practical solution which obviously comes to everyone's minds. I am sure he must've got plenty of such advice from his family, friends and colleagues. So we are not saying anything that he wouldn't have heard already! But no one is wondering why he didn't do that and instead went into the current route. Better to hear from him once he gets back.

Quote:
I apologize if any of the Maruti owners were offended by my post.

I am currently attending a funeral and did not check Team-bhp for a while. I did not go through all the 5 pages, there are some interesting questions from Forum members on this. I will post a detailed response soon.
He has already apologized but people are still getting offended!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 11:11   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Its the other way around. Maruti make such cars only because we Indians(atleast the majority) wants that. Now you name them whatever you like. What we want in India? Four wheels to show off peers, Mileage equal to a two wheeler, Workshop closer than a hospital, and resale value equal to a real estate., So maruti serves the market well. Thats it. Maruti is not foolish to sell full suit in a bikini beach.
Perfect. Maruti is doing a fantastic job as you mentioned of giving the market what it needs. No point in building a Taj hotel where a Ginger is required.
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 11:28   #114
BHPian

You mentioned your "Tin-Can" has started developing niggles/rattles after some 6.5 KMs only. Did you undertake a proper PDI before taking the delivery? Did you Test Drive the Baleno and its competitors like i20, Jazz, Freestyle, etc? Any specific reason for zeroing down on the Baleno?

A car showing niggles/rattles so soon is highly unlikely. Also, talking about safety, I drove a Swift VXI for some 5.5 years without any scares whatsoever. Though I am not justifying the unavailability of safety features or the build quality of Swift, it depends on how you drive and where you drive to a large extent. If your commute is largely within city, you don't need to bother. If your highway drive is even 25-30%, better to go for a safer car.

And please remove those ugly-looking stickers. Don't be a subject of ridicule. There are other ways to attract attention. Cars are meant to be adored, loved and cared. Each moment you step into your car after looking at those stickers, you tend to hate it more. Seems you are already pissed off. Why reminding yourself again and again. It's better to sell it off.
prince0407 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 11:28   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have made a very wrong decision of buying Baleno.
Please sell your Baleno asap and move to a car like Freestyle, Nexon, etc.

I drive a 1997 Maruti 800, 2010 April Figo Petrol, 2010 May Beat Petrol & 2015 Nov KWID 800.

Beat stands at ~68000 KMs, Figo at ~57000 KMs, M800 at ~31000 KMs & KWID ~8000 Kms.

Till date I still prefer my little Beat over all other cars. 8+ years and still no rattles, squeaks and have a phenomenal build quality and ride. (From day one I am keeping tyres at 34 PSI). Had taken Beat to some extreme roads of Deoban Forest and still it is holding nicely.

I am not that-much into NCAP or such crash tests. Yes, that can be a reference point to start with. The overall feel of the car is something we have to experience personally and it should altogether act as our extended body part.

If you feel the car is flimsy, there is no point in keeping it with you. There are options around. A car big or small should always bring this to you and not this .

Move on.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 12:01   #116
BHPian

Car buying is all about compromises, because nobody makes cars tailor made to every individual's needs. But it is up to you to decide what compromises are worth making and what are not.

I could live with missing features, ugly interiors, rattles, under-powered engines etc, but not an unsafe car. Maruti's are tin cans, and no amount of 'explaining' can change that fact. Am sure there are many who got deceived into buying the Baleno or Swift by it looks and are regretting now.

But you still have a choice. Sell it. You might lose a lac or to in that process, but I assure you, you'd sleep better with the Maruti gone and a safer car standing in your garage.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 12:27   #117
BHPian

Not just from a safety perspective, but also a thin construction translates to a not so great NVH levels inside the car. Add to it the ever persistent rattles, it just kills the joy of driving!
Old 16th June 2018, 12:35   #118
BANNED

People are opting for Maruti mainly for their quest for affordable purchase, maintenance and resale. This held true in their opting for Maruti until a decade back when the roads were poor and safety awareness was nascent.

In the past decade, Maruti has become started charging a premium in both sale and service which negates the higher resale while offering cars that are increasingly unsound and not that stunning either(objective).

Basically, they are selling bigger and bigger Maruti 800s and charging bigger and bigger money with no inclination towards the well being of their customers.

People are holding on to shelling out 9-10 lacs for this poor a car out of the fear of being branded imprudent.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 12:37   #119
BHPian

I concur with your tinpot assessment of the Baleno. I recall an incident when I was waiting on a flyover incline with a Baleno ahead of my Polo. The Baleno started rolling back and before I realised it, it had crashed into my bonnet with a loud noise. The rear of the Baleno had huge dent and the boot would not open. The damage to the Polo was only a broken number plate.

Like several people advised on this site, sell the Baleno baloney and buy a Polo or i20. Ford has reduced the sheet metal thickness on its latest models to reduce weight and increase fuel efficiency.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 12:39   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
People are opting for Maruti mainly for their quest for affordable purchase, maintenance and resale. This held true in their opting for Maruti until a decade back when the roads were poor and safety awareness was nascent.

In the past decade, Maruti has become started charging a premium in both sale and service which negates the higher resale while offering cars that are increasingly unsound and not that stunning either(objective).

Basically, they are selling bigger and bigger Maruti 800s and charging bigger and bigger money with no inclination towards the well being of their customers.

People are holding on to shelling out 9-10 lacs for this poor a car out of the fear of being branded imprudent.
They will start producing safer cars at proper price that are easy to service only when people make informed decisions based on a car's capability and value.

Mods: Please merge my posts. I regretted the error. I'm using the app for the first time.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 16th June 2018 at 12:42.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks