Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2019, 16:57   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
No, but they will have to after April 2020.
Not sure why is Renault launching a BS4 engine in a new model barely months before BS6 is made mandatory. Only reason which comes to mind is to keep the sticker price down, but I think it will prove to be counter productive as customers might stay away and wait for BS6.

Last edited by tj123 : 26th August 2019 at 16:58.
Old 26th August 2019, 20:04   #362
BHPian

I did a small test drive of the Triber yesterday.

I am a fairly big human 183cm 107 Kgs

My impressions (positive)

(1) Phenomenal leg room and head room for 1st and 2nd row passengers
(2) A/C works well for all 3 rows
(3) Getting in and out is so easy ( even easier than wagon R)
(4) Lots of storage and cubby holes

Not so positive

(1) The steering seems disconnected from the vehicle at slow speeds. I turned the steering a good 10 to 15 deg on either side rapidly, but the vehicle failed to register any input. Looks like there is a big dead zonne of -10 0 +10 degrees (atleast at low speeds)

(2) The engine was sluggish at lower rpms , I did not get a chance to test it at higher rpms.

(3) The overhead light switches ( door light, roof light , do not know the right name) were all loosey goosey on all the tribers. You could just touch it and shake it a bit and make the inside light flicker. This was a bit of a let down.

(4) some kind of a air filter for the A/C unit is placed underneath the front passenger seat and it impedes the 2nd row passenger from placing his feet all the way under the front passenger seat. This was a bit of let down as well.
rrnsss is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 15:25   #363
BHPian

Happened to have a look and take a TD of the Renault Triber today in Erode. Kudos to Renault for carving out maximum space inside. 5 stars for the space offered for what is essentially a sub 4 m car. Front looks muscular and exudes attitude in person. While no fog lamps are offered even as an accessory, the DRLs make their absence less conspicuous.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190827-14.11.39.jpeg

The steering felt good to hold with thumb contours and the dash felt and looked nice. No quirky stylings there. The MediaNAV too felt slick to use. Could not try the Android Auto though. While no auto climate control is offered,the AC did a decent job of masking the TN heat outside.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-steering-dash.jpeg

Lot of storage spaces with two glove boxes and one cooled. There is another cooled compartment near the handbrake too. Can easily hold 1L water bottles.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-dash.jpeg

While front seats come with fixed headrests (comfortable though) the 2nd and 3rd row has adjustable headrests. Space in 2nd row was commendable. No qualms. Three people can squeeze in with decent levels of comfort. Third row is definitely more usable than say Datsun Go+ where it is strictly only for children. But Triber can accomodate adults with relative ease. Vents on B-pillar for 2nd row and on the roof for 3rd row makes life even easier.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-second-row.jpeg

One word about rear boot space; "HUMONGOUSsssssss" Easily the best and heck it is as spacious as a Skoda Octavia or Skoda Superb. The trump card for Renault. Renault also has a nice looking accessory boot mat to cover up the hinges if one removes the third row. Nice touch. Notice the non-retractable seat belts for 3rd row.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-boot-without-3rd-row.jpeg

The rear with eagle beak shaped tail lights complement the looks very well. A nicely rounded MPV with pseudo SUV looks.

Alloy wheels though come only as on optional additional accessory.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-rear-3-qtr.jpeg

The tightly spaced engine bay. Renault knew what they were developing. As compact as it could get. This particular design has helped them scoop out maximum wheelbase and hence maximum space inside. Good decision.

One weird thing which I noticed was the huge space between the A pillars and fenders. You can easily squeeze in a couple of 1L bottles in there. Looked really odd. Forgot to take a pic of the same though.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-engine-bay.jpeg

Driving impressions:

Can be summarised in one word "adequate". It is just enough for the car and is its biggest fallacy. While it will definitely get the job done, am sure it will also leave wanting in some use cases.

It never felt silent while idling, reiterating its 3 pot nature. It revved gradually and managed to pull the three of us in the car leisurely. Definitely not peppy. The Tiago 1.2 L petrol in which I had reached the Renault showroom definitely felt better. The TD vehicle was brand new and had run just 17 kms when I had taken it. May be the engine had a bit of running in to do?

While the steering had some artificial weight to it, Triber still felt comfortable tackling the corners. Had taken the vehicle to a highway nearby and it reached 90 kmph with not much discomfort. The mid range seemed to have some level of oomph. Just do not expect much from the engine.

Also, I did some test on the doors to see whether our fingers left any dimples on the door when pressed like how it does in my Baleno. Unfortunately, they did.

To conclude, a well rounded car with all pluses and very few minuses. A turbo petrol will do a world of good for this car.
vshankarhere is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 17:33   #364
Senior - BHPian

Featuring in the video is 2019 Triber RXL ( Base model +1 ) variant. Seems it is quite well loaded.

RM Motorsports is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 22:56   #365
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber launch event link

https://www.renault.co.in/vehicles/p...r-enquiry.html

Live webcast to start at 11:15AM on the 28th of August 2019.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 00:16   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Renault Triber launch event link

Live webcast to start at 11:15AM on the 28th of August 2019.
Here's the Youtube link to the live stream:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eUC5MwBAnBg
ChiragM is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 11:52   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Triber launched @ ₹4.95 lakhs ( Pan India)

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-5.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-2.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-3.jpg

Though pricing is lucrative on paper, does Renault have the pull to tackle all the sub 4 m cars?

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-t.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-00.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-0.jpg

Source:Respective tweets at launch

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th August 2019 at 12:19.
volkman10 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 11:52   #368
BHPian

Price announced:

RXE: 4.95L
RXS: 5.49L
RXT: 5.99L
RXZ: 6.49L

*One price across India
* 20% segment lower maintenance
* Extended 3,4,5 years warranty
* Annual Maintenance Plan
* No news about AMT
* No news about BS6 engine

Official Brochure

Last edited by MukundanMK : 28th August 2019 at 11:55.
MukundanMK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 11:59   #369
Senior - BHPian

The price seem to be alright looking at the current market situation. The product is innovative and offers value for money.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 12:01   #370
BHPian

Bloody hell!! They've done it for real!! 6.5 L for a top end is excellent pricing IMO. This, I believe, to some extent will force others to keep their price in check. That's the good part. Ford would've have already started working on their features rejig in Figo/Freestyle/Ecosport.

Last edited by 2cents : 28th August 2019 at 12:03.
2cents is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 12:01   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

So a run of the mill pricing. It isn't aggressive for what the car offers; at the same time Renault isn't too optimistic with the pricing either which is good for them. Would have been a disaster if they priced it any higher with that little engine & Nissan-Renault would have had another Captur, Kicks, Lodgy in their hands.

It gives much more car per buck at the prices & those looking for a 1.0L WagonR, AltoK10, Celerio should surely buy this car instead without thinking twice. Simply wonderful package & good VFM. Use it as a 4+1 seater with tremendous space.

On the contrary I don't think it actually has the caliber to threaten any of the larger hatchbacks. People will opt for a smaller cabin but larger engine any day now that our highways are getting faster.
Although - some no-mans-land cars like Tata Tigor will surely lose more customers to Triber now. Triber gives more space & practicality in all aspects at the expense of power & torque in comparison. The Tigor isn't a street burner anyway.

As for the "modes" - I feel the "CAMP MODE" is the stupidest they could have done.
Its a 2 seater + wasted space for 2 people because the 60% of the middle seat doesn't fold and create any storage space at all.

They should either have made a design that could actually fold full middle row OR they should not have imagined the "camp mode" for marketing. Its quite lame.

Finally has Renault fixed the positions of lighting & wiper stocks for proper RHD? If they have - really good. I think I saw a glimpse somewhere where I felt the lights are now on RHS stock.

By the way - did anyone see the headlamp leveling knob's location?
One can't look at the road when adjusting it from normal driving position. Adjust the level, come back, then see if the level is correct.

Why does Renault like contraptions like that? Previously it was the seat height adjuster in the Duster etc.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th August 2019 at 12:11.
Reinhard is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 12:06   #372
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing looks real value for money, B segment hatchs will surely feel the heat !

Last edited by tj123 : 28th August 2019 at 12:07.
Old 28th August 2019, 12:13   #373
Senior - BHPian

Renault has done good to stay true to the price expectations and not being too optimistic with the pricing. Missing features like Electrically Foldable ORVMs, Seat Height Adjust, Seatbelt Height Adjust, Auto AC, no Armrests (neither in the front, nor at the back) etc. meant that if they push the pricing too close to the Swift or Grand i10 Nios top end, it's bound to fail there. Plus the 3 cylinder 1 litre engine with more power and less torque than Datsun's 1.2L Petrol meant that they're going to keep the prices low and near the Go Plus variants, and they haven't disappointed.

I am pretty happy with the prices, will take a test drive soon to decide if I need to wait for the AMT variants or book and buy it right away.

I fear that people may go for this even over the Datsun Go Plus now. Datsun really needs to bring all these features in the Go Plus also to keep it selling, otherwise this (Triber) will kill it's cousin (Go Plus) in maybe just 6-12 months down the line.
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 12:26   #374
BHPian

I think the pricing is good if we factor-in the price for GO+ (Triber's closest rival). Triber packs so much more than the GO+ with engine being the weak link. I don't know what stopped them from using the 1.2 engine. A 20-25k hike in price would have been justified, had they used the 1.2 engine.

Renault has done a decent job by offering 4-airbags in the top end version, which even the costlier Ertiga / XL6 lack. So much for the so-called premium offering from Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I fear that people may go for this even over the Datsun Go Plus now. Datsun really needs to bring all these features in the Go Plus also to keep it selling, otherwise this (Triber) will kill it's cousin (Go Plus) in maybe just 6-12 months down the line.
I think GO+ is already dead now. It never did good numbers (average 300-400 units) and with the industry falling in the last few months, GO+ is doing less than 200 units a month. Any sane mind will pick Triber over GO+ for little extra money.
tarik.arora is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:04   #375
BHPian

Excellent launch price for a small MPV. Since the engine displacement is very low, I saw a youtube video made by a renault sales person with 7 people on board and they climb the ghats with the A/C 'ON' and the car passed the test. Though I can't vouch for the power of the engine, actual test drives from our members and Team-BHP official review can bring the actual truth.

My uncle was inclined to buy GO+ but I asked him to check the 'Triber'. Hope all our doubts will be cleared in the test drive

Last edited by TorqueKnight : 28th August 2019 at 13:06. Reason: Youtube URL attached for helping other members
TorqueKnight is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks