Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2019, 20:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

All good except the 1.0L engine. Might be okay in city with 3-4 people on-board but being an MPV, this one is bound to spend decent time on highways and people will load it to the max. Even a turbo charged unit won't be enough.
Old 19th June 2019, 20:10   #137
BHPian

Most of the comments about the car on social media are about the underpowered engine. People were questioning how this car would pull 7 passengers up a hill. May be Renault should have just sold it as a spacious 5 seater with a big boot

I have also seen on twitter that Renault will not upgrade the K9K diesel to BS 6 standards, so I guess it will be end of the Duster.
Old 19th June 2019, 20:12   #138
BHPian

Sub 4m 7 seater? Time manufacturers stop cutting a Charlie out of consumers. It's plain from the photos that the third row seats are ridiculous. Howsoever you make the 2nd row reclining, third row people will always sit in a knees up position. Bad for long journeys & I don't think there'll be any volunteers either. So it's essentially a large hatchback with a massive boot. That is more palatable.
superbad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 20:28   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Here's a preview brochure I received from them:
So, in short your birdie shared the whole brochure with you except for the part where different variant vise specifications are mentioned. Do share those bits as well once you receive them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
No mention on safety. So does this mean only driver airbag?
Please correct if I've done the interpretation wrong.
Please read the posts and first impressions from the launch preview event shared above carefully again. The top model has as many as 4 airbags (Dual Front and Front Side Airbags), the lower variants may have to do with just 2, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Howsoever you make the 2nd row reclining, third row people will always sit in a knees up position.
If you saw the presentation, you would have understood that the 2nd row seats can Recline, Slide and Tumble, so like in the Ertiga, the 2nd row is flexible to increase the leg space in both the 2nd or 3rd rows as required. Also, if you noticed the raised roof height in between the Roof Rails, the 3rd row seats are placed higher up unlike other 7 seaters to give a better head room and sitting posture to the occupants of the last row.

The car is widest in it's class, so sitting 3 abreast should not be a problem as per Renault. And they have maximized the cabin space to provide good leg room for up to 7 adults in a sub-4m car, even if it is a proper 6 seater, I'm sold on this one. If my requirements did not necessitate a 4x4, I would have bought this immediately once the prices and all the features are announced.
AdityaDeane is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 20:44   #140
BHPian

Logic defying. A sub 4 meters that seats 7. Leg room may perhaps be at a premium inside. Really intrigued and keen to check it out in the flesh. The stance isn’t bad at all.

Really doubt a 999cc will be useable at full load. It could be that given a positive market response, Renault comes up with a 1.5L model option next year.
maven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 20:53   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
I have also seen on twitter that Renault will not upgrade the K9K diesel to BS 6 standards, so I guess it will be end of the Duster.

I seriously doubt that.
I would, nevertheless, like to hear where you saw that.
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 20:57   #142
BHPian

The car looks impressive. Went through all 4 videos shared earlier and it shows the space utilization feature that this car has. This is a good looking car. And keeping it less than 4 meter is a job well done.
Now coming to the seating, yes this is not a very spacious 7 seater but should be able to suffice for city runs. It has multiple propositions - 7 seater for a quick run to the upmarket mall in city, 5 seater for an airport run and 2-3 seater for a camping holiday!
Kwid didn't score great on crash tests and cannot say anything on this car till it goes through actual testing. However was able to see dual airbags in the videos. For a city run it should be a good option given the traffic congestion and the difficulty in driving proper 7 seaters and parking those bigger ones. Parking Kwid is very easy and expecting similar ease here.
Saw one of the video showed the AMT. Unlike Kwid this is a lever based AMT. Not sure if they have incorporated the hill hold that was there in Duster. The Kwid AMT rolls back dangerously on small inclines, say flyover ramps.
Overall, a very interesting proposition this car is. Look forward to pricing announcement.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 20:58   #143
BHPian

Liked it as a spacious 5 seater. If it came with a good diesel, would have been a practical workhorse and would have been a good choice as chauffeur driven too!
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:04   #144

I don't think the last row seats offer any safety being so close to the tail gate. Wonder what's the NCAP rating for this car
vishnuramana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:11   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
With nice interior and exterior European themed design, it draws attention. In MPV avatar, it offers oodles of space too, but..

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but in my opinion, that 1 liter engine would be a roadblock for success. Isn't it too much to expect from one litre NA mill?
Add me to that pessimistic bandwagon, I have owner Duster before so I am aware of Renault Long Term Ownership ( Ready to live with it). Got all excited seeing the car and as soon as I saw 1 litre NA engine, lost all the interest and attention.

I have driven Kwid before ( not the same engine) , it does struggle if you have a heavy right foot not even considering full load. So not so optimistic anymore!!
turbowhistle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:17   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Look forward to pricing announcement.
Fairly reliable birdie says price band will be KWID+ to Mid Variant Ertiga levels.
Also first three ratios will be fairly short to circumvent the lack of outright power.
The normally aspirated petrol will be joined soon by a turbo petrol in early 2020.
As per Mr. Birdie, it's a comfortable vehicle with impressive ride comfort and good driving dynamics.

Keeping in mind, Renault's experience curve in building MPV's, since donkey's ears, (let's not forget they sired the hugely successful Espace in mainland Europe), it would not be surprising if this car rattles the cages of the established order akin to what KWID did when it was launched.

This will be interesting to watch!
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:19   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
This is not true!

From what I know, K9K 85ps will not upgraded and only 110ps will be available in BS-VI avatar.

Since updated Duster is already under test in India, one can hook into this thread for more updates https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ter-india.html
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:21   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
I seriously doubt that.
I would, nevertheless, like to hear where you saw that.
I have seen it here. I do not know how true it is as the engine is crucial for Renault's survival.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190619211839__01.jpg  

Aditya_Bhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:25   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly had never heard of Triber until I saw a full page ad a couple of days back. Had also thought it is just a re-branded Go+ but again was wrong.

This looks pretty impressive(apart from that engine which seems to little for a 7 Seater). Some good nifty features and seems very practical. With the brand value Kwid has build up, seems to be good enough to generate some sales for Renault.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:27   #150
Senior - BHPian

For a change I guess this car is going to be a Kwid 2.0 for Renault India. The seven seater part is optional. This is going to be something like Kwid Plus with those sliding cum reclining cum tumbling rear seats and that massive 620 litres boot. The 1 litre motor will be fuel efficient too. Design wise they had ticked all the boxes. I am thoroughly impressed.

Waiting for the test drive reviews now
myavu is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks