Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2019, 14:06   #301
BHPian

re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Talking of competition, is there any other car in the pipeline that is a direct competition to the Triber?
If it's launched at a good price, you may see competition in the form of a knee jerk reaction, from Maruti Suzuki. Read that as a limited edition of the Eco.
five46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 15:31   #302
BHPian

Autocar's preview of Triber is back

I was expecting some more details in addition to the video that was taken down last time. But no luck.

Still no drive details.

Last edited by racer_ash : 16th August 2019 at 15:39. Reason: Added more info
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 16:19   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I am very very impressed with the packaging of the Triber.

Talking of competition, is there any other car in the pipeline that is a direct competition to the Triber?
WagonR 7 seater is in the pipeline. With its 1.2L 4 cylinder engine, it would be a better performer.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 16:37   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
WagonR 7 seater is in the pipeline. With its 1.2L 4 cylinder engine, it would be a better performer.

Rohan
But it won't be able to match the space and packaging which Triber has which actually is it's USP. Triber looks fresh and refreshing as well which you certainly can't feel in a decade old Wagor R.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 17:42   #305
BHPian

Also I am reasonably certain that the Triber will be better built than the WagonR. Ofcourse both cars will be made to just scrape through the Indian safety norms.

Apart from India and Indonesia, I don't think Renault have plans to introduce this anywhere else. If they do need to export this to Europe, Middle East etc, then they might need to undertake extensive structural changes to pass the stringent safety norms there.
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 17:48   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
But it won't be able to match the space and packaging which Triber has which actually is it's USP. Triber looks fresh and refreshing as well which you certainly can't feel in a decade old Wagor R.
How about the XL6 ?, its spacious, has 103 bhp and 138 Nm of torque, has Automatic too.
Old 16th August 2019, 18:40   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
How about the XL6 ?, its spacious, has 103 bhp and 138 Nm of torque, has Automatic too.
That will be a totally different price segment altogether. The wagon r 7 seater also should be more expensive than the Renault but not by a lot and the Wagon r will have the nicer 1.2l k12 engine. The XL6 base model is expected to be a couple of lakhs more than the top end variant of the Triber.
bf1983 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 19:21   #308
BHPian

Saw the Triber in flesh today. SA was well informed about the vehicle, as he had attended a training in Chennai recently. As per him, all variants will have 14 inch wheels as the standard and alloy wheels is only available as an accessory, even for the top variants. Also as per him, the engine is BS6 compliant and not BS6 ready. The vehicle is going to displayed in showroom tomorrow and the official booking is also opening tomorrow. I had gone to the Renault service center to see the car. Also he said that, as per the inventory report, only Manual is in stock now and there will be some delay in AMT. I noticed 2 dummy buttons near the music system and they could be for some potential future functions (May be for 2020 Turbo Petrol variant). There were 4 airbags (2 front and 2 side) and it’s all for front seat passengers only. Attached is the picture with a few chrome accessories added.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-74e4f6e9727640eab7dd8e43e71d70fb.jpeg  

Last edited by MukundanMK : 16th August 2019 at 19:42.
MukundanMK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 13:31   #309
BHPian

The car was on display at Mantri Mall, Bangalore and had a quick look at the vehicle.
The exteriors seems like a grown up Kwid. Looks like a mini MPV. I liked the rear styling and the front is rather mature. I did like the display orangish bronze color that was on display. (I am color identifying challenged, please forgive me. My color palette recognizes only VIBGYOR along with black and white)

The interior is a refreshing change from the regular Kwid. Quality of materials is nice. The speedo display is fully digital The steering wheel is small though and did not have controls on them.
Two small cup holders on the front and a large box between the seats which has a cooling function.
Footwell is rather small for me(I wear size 11 shoes).
I set the driving seat to my height(183cm) and hopped into the seat right behind and found it to be tight squeeze. I did not attempt the third row as I am a rather "Healthy" person .

The vehicle is a good effort from Renault, more to be used as a 5 seater with generous boot space and not as a proper 7 seater.

Last edited by MadiMaama : 17th August 2019 at 13:48.
MadiMaama is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 18:30   #310
BHPian

From whatever I have read so far, Triber seems to be promising. If Renault can up the features (quality seems to be decent) and give a better engine, it can give the i20s and Balenos a good run for their money.
Old 17th August 2019, 19:20   #311
Senior - BHPian

Guess that Triber is only going to be launched with a Manual Transmission initially and the AMT unit will follow later on, as was already speculated.

And the wheel size is 165/80 R14, and not the 185/65 R15 which was showcased in the launch event and/or pre production vehicles which are being Pre-Viewed by every Auto Media Channel on the web and was shared by Highh5 here.

A new Brochure is live on the website which provides info about various colors options [Metal Mustard (signature color), Electric Blue, Fiery Red, Moonlight Silver and Ice Cool White] and main highlights of the vehicle.

TRIBER_Brochure_Bookings_Open.pdf

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190817191651.png

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 17th August 2019 at 19:27.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 19:41   #312
BHPian

Triber is certainly a potential game changer for the Renault brand. Given the feature list and styling, the common customer now certainly gets a value proposition, unless they want to maintain the herd mentality to stick to the regular options!
Old 17th August 2019, 20:13   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Guess that Triber is only going to be launched with a Manual Transmission initially and the AMT unit will follow later on, as was already speculated.

And the wheel size is 165/80 R14, and not the 185/65 R15 which was showcased in the launch event and/or pre production vehicles ...
Non availability of AMT variant during launch is going to be a big letdown. Now a days in big cities customers are looking forward for automatic variants and this number is around 25% to as high as 40%.

Also in my opinion Renault should have given the 15”inch tyres on the top end variant, 14”inches are going to look small, probably Renault knows this and want to push it via accessories route.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 20:33   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Non availability of AMT variant during launch is going to be a big letdown.
Even I wanted to buy the RxZ AMT variant, but guess I'll have to wait it out then till it actually launches, maybe around New Year.

On a side note, I may be reading between the lines as there is no mention of this feature in any of the "Previews" and it does not look so from the seat images from the front, but the lines and gaps in this attached image from the back seems like the 2nd row seat is 40:20:40 Spilt with the Centre portion folding down as an Armrest for the middle passengers.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190817201657.png

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190817202744.png

Renault should pay attention to detail on their brochures, the image showing the Dashboard etc. has the image with an AMT lever and not the MT lever.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190817202840.png

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 17th August 2019 at 20:35.
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 20:39   #315
Senior - BHPian

AMT variant may be launched sometime later, but it may not suit people who use Triber as a 7 seater.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed