Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2019, 10:48   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
I think this will be the New Omni for India. I see a lot of small businesses, Family of 6 ( 2 Grandparents, 2 Adults, 2 kids ) love this vehicle. The well proportionate looks, the amount of Flexibility, the pricing is just mind blowing. I am sure it will have enough power to haul a couple or a family of four during highway runs

Great Execution, Renault !! Hope the prices are in check post BS 6 implementation
The car is wonderful & surely Renault has achieved a good engineering masterpiece with this one. But EECO will still remain the OMNI for India. Triber won't become that. The primary reason was OMNI simply didn't ever break down at all. Why? It had nothing that could break at all! No electronics, no gizmos, no safety components - nothing!

It was the frugal nature, reliability & abuse taking capability that made the Omni what it was. Only EECO comes near to that in it's old school way. Triber while "economical" to buy and own, is not cheap in its design or engineering. It has plenty electronic components, software controlled mechanicals, safety components, touch screens and what not. Its a bit too much for someone looking for what an Omni offered. I owned one and loved it ! Sold it only because it had a bent rear axle and kept on eating 1 tire. Even after replacing it, the issue persisted causing us to suspect a slightly misaligned chassis.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:02   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Absolutely! Renault wants prospective customers to perceive Triber as practical family car within the budget. It makes lots of sense in the practicality. Modularity of seats are really a plus. I'm in the market for a daily commuter with occasional highway run. Triber looks like a tempting package. I'm also eagerly waiting for Nexon facelift

I believe the Honda Mobilio also was harping on the modularity and multiple seat setup options, but it failed miserably in the market. Will like to wait and see about the market response and TD before taking the plunge.
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:22   #468
Senior - BHPian

This is an interesting move by Renault. This is a 5+2 seater, that slots in just above the Eeco. It also has the features that Eeco does not have (like touch screen, twin a/c, projector headlamps, etc) to justify the pricing. The Eeco is very very utilitarian, and is now the new Omni.

There are plenty of families out there that use the 7 seats more than just occasionally, can't get themselves to buy something as utilitarian as the Eeco, and who will appreciate the price which is much below the Ertiga's.

Not sure if anyone in this forum remembers, but what is now the Eeco was initially launched as the Versa - positioned exactly the way the Triber is being positioned right now! Only, back then, the market wasn't ready for it and it bombed. Maruti stripped it, dropped the price, and re-launched it as the Eeco.

So maybe now the market is ready for a vehicle like the Triber? If that is so, then Renault has another blockbuster product on its hands.
KiloAlpha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:42   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petropolitan View Post
I believe the Honda Mobilio also was harping on the modularity and multiple seat setup options, but it failed miserably in the market.
The Mobilio had many things going against it - it looked liked the Brio, had less features, and was overpriced. Plus it had the Ertiga as its competitor, which made things even more difficult. The Triber on the other hand looks good, is reasonably well loaded and seems to be priced alright as well. But yes, the jury is still out whether it will find traction among the masses or not.
nikipedia87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 18:36   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petropolitan View Post
I believe the Honda Mobilio also was harping on the modularity and multiple seat setup options, but it failed miserably in the market.
Mobilio was a capable MPV. They lost the battle because of its looks and lack of marketing. I don't remember someone talking about Mobilio's modular seats. On other hand, modular seats are marketed as Triber's USP along with reasonable pricing. We will definitely wait for Team-BHP review to understand it's pros and cons. Will be test driving Triber on weekend if one is available to our nearby showroom.
Old 4th September 2019, 10:18   #471
BHPian

Can any one compare turbo petrol engine life span vs naturally air breathing engine. For sure, when it comes to diesel, we see innova type engine which runs seamlessly with turbo for upto 3 lakh kilometres. I have seen myself many swift desire in delhi running uber taxi with over 3.5 lakhs kilometres without engine overhaul. What about turbo petrol engines? I do know these run well in US but how about in India.

Also any one has any idea of 1 litre petrol engine from renault stable with turbo on it. Or is the existing engine going to get a turbo?

Regarding pick up, I found the car to be weak in power. However, many people claim that it is peppy.. Am I missing something here? My comparison was against celerio, thought I am used to innova diesel pick up.

My other thought is, many people claim if Maruti Suzuki comes up with another product like wagon r 7 seater or so, then this product triber will fall as USP will disappear and Maruti is always better interms of after pruchase parts or service. Counter argument is that Maruti will never come out with such product as seven seater car with similar price bracket will affect sales of celerio, swift, wagon r, brezza and even ertiga. So, rest assured, MS will never come with a product similar to triber in price range.
Old 4th September 2019, 11:40   #472
BHPian

HI Ashutosh
You have accurately summarized Most aspects. 3 cylinder 1L engine would be obviously inadequate even for city driving. with such puny power it will be dangerous to drive on Highway. Tires Rims are undersized too.

Even Maruti Ignis Grand i10 with proper 4 cyliner 1.2L engine fall in category of just "properly" powered cars.

Basically it happens in every industry the Decision "Making" management Boss does not know or Do Not want to embrace the fundamentals.
When Captur which was just another form of the successful Duster, could not sell and went bust, then this Triber is going to be bigger flop IMO
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The engine is the weak link in the package. The Triber will struggle to keep up with cheaper alternatives on the road, let alone the Swift or Nios it is hoping to compete with.

I got a very budget feel while driving the car. The pedals, the steering, the grip from the thin tyres, the three cylinder thrum, and the terrible acceleration, all put together, scream 'budget'.

I have driven the latest gen Swift. After driving that and then the Triber, I would feel like driving a car, one or two segments below.

There were only two people in the car, with both front and rear blowers on. If there were seven, I would have asked someone else to drive.
Lightning2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 13:35   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah! For weeks I was wondering where I have seen this Eagle/Vulture beak tail lamp design thats being touted as "unique" design element. Just remembered & Googled it up. Et viola!
Its actually a rip-off on Audi's 2016/17 EURO Spec tail lamp cluster design on the A4 etc. Here is a sample -

Name:  TBHP_AudiA4Euro_TailLamp.PNG
Views: 6556
Size:  510.1 KB

Pretty cheeky eh Renault! The Germans won't be happy (in case they pay attention to a French car i.e.).

Picture credit -
AutoMobile Mag - Audi A4 Euro 2017
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 13:50   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The car is wonderful & surely Renault has achieved a good engineering masterpiece with this one. But EECO will still remain the OMNI for India. Triber won't become that. The primary reason was OMNI simply didn't ever break down at all. Why? It had nothing that could break at all! No electronics, no gizmos, no safety components - nothing!
I think the Triber will be popular with the taxi market. For a reasonable price, they get a car which they could register as a 6 seater (Uber XL). That would bring them more returns per km compared to a smaller car which seats 4.
Old 4th September 2019, 13:53   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I think the Triber will be popular with the taxi market. For a reasonable price, they get a car which they could register as a 6 seater (Uber XL). That would bring them more returns per km compared to a smaller car which seats 4.
A petrol car as a Taxi in India without a CNG option? I'm not too convinced. Given the space left with 3 seat rows in place - it seems impossible to install a CNG kit aftermarket. Anyway the already moderate power and torque figures will go further south if running on CNG.
Old 4th September 2019, 14:35   #476
BHPian

Quote:
A petrol car as a Taxi in India without a CNG option? I'm not too convinced. Given the space left with 3 seat rows in place - it seems impossible to install a CNG kit aftermarket. Anyway the already moderate power and torque figures will go further south if running on CNG.

I wouldn't say it is impossible. I checked the rates on the Uber app now. For short distances, the UberGo rate is almost half of what UberXL charges. For long distances, UberXL is 60-70% more. I think drivers might be able to run the car profitably till someone comes up with a solution to provide an aftermarket CNG/LPG kit.
Old 5th September 2019, 20:42   #477
BHPian

This car can be a good fit as a secondary car. Consider someone who owns a luxury sedan from BMW, Audi or Mercedes. The Triber can be used as a beater within the city and cab also fit the occasional 6'th or 7'th passenger. I personally know a person who owns an XUV5OO, but uses a Tiago for daily use.
Old 7th September 2019, 12:54   #478
BANNED

August 2019 dispatches for Renault Triber stood at 2,490 units.

Source: Auto Punditz
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 17:18   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Ah! For weeks I was wondering where I have seen this Eagle/Vulture beak tail lamp design thats being touted as "unique" design element.
XUV300 has a similar tail lamp - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...akhs-white.jpg
Old 7th September 2019, 20:02   #480
BANNED

Renault Triber Becomes Brand’s Best Selling Car In Its First Month, Beats Kwid, Duster

Read more at: Source
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks