Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2019, 22:20   #526
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
....& zigwheel reporter mixed it up. But yeah goes on to show the sort of proof-reading happening before publishing these videos. In a race to publish first and get more views quality levels are going down.
I hosted the video for ZigWheels. The error pointed out is in the other video that's in the same post. I do admit there's a race to get the video out on time (and not first), but I'm super careful that I DON'T say anything that's factually incorrect.

@Mods: I apologise for the off-topic post. Just thought this deserves a clarification since it's on a public forum.

As for the Triber, I think it's actually offering a lot of car for the money. Genuinely wish it had a more powerful engine for the highway trips, and basics shouldn't have been skipped.

Cheers
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 22:48   #527
BHPian

Test drove the Triber today along with BHPian Chillout who is looking to replace his dad's Wagon R.

Triber is a very good attempt by Renault to create a new segment - sub 4 metre 7 seater. Of course the Go+ has been there in the market but it is hatchback stretched to accommodate 2 additional seats unlike the Triber which is built as a 7 seater grounds up.

At the outset, the Triber impresses with it's design - very proportionate with a good presence for a sub 4 metre. The paint quality, interior part quality and practicality offered is very impressive.

The front end is bold with Renault logo taking prominent presence with a neatly designed grill flowing in sync with the headlamps.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921132416.jpg

The rear is flanked by the eagle beak tail lamps with the chrome strip breaking the bulk of the rear hatch.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921131536.jpg

Boot space is better than the XUV 500 with the 3rd row up. Note how thin the back rest is and understandably so the base is also thin but the seats in general are fairly comfortable.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921131506.jpg

Rear view of the 3rd row seats
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921131517.jpg

It is clearly evident how Renault have been able to liberate space for 3 rows. They have spaced wheels to the max and ensured a compact engine bay.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921135810.jpg

Doesn't look like a sub 4 metre car from this angle. Kudos to Renault for the design that conceals the dimensions pretty well.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921132334.jpg
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921135343.jpg

Meaty steering wheel is well designed with thumb contours and good to hold.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921132241.jpg

The interior part quality is good with a neat and simple layout.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921132234.jpg

Roofline has a kink at the middle of the rear windows to liberate space for 3rd row vents and head room for 3 row passengers. The roof rails conceal the kink well.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921132447.jpg

3rd row A/C vent on the roof.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921131820.jpg

The left side single seat tumbles forward and creates a fairly big opening for a relatively comfortable ingress and egress. The tumble down mechanism is very simple.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921131614.jpg

3rd leg room with 2nd row at optimal position. 2rd row slides back and forth from this position. This USP of the Triber shines and this is the best 3rd row seat considering the size of the car. We both, myself and BHPian Chillout are fairly tall but we both were comfortable in the 3rd row without being seated too much in knees up position.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921140418.jpg

2nd row legroom with front passenger seat set at optimal position and 2nd row placed midway in the adjusting limit.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190921_215559.jpg

2nd row legroom with 2nd row placed all the way front with passenger seat at the same position as earlier.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190921_215536.jpg

Front seats are well contoured with side bolsterings making then very comfortable. The front seats are placed higher than in a regular hatchbacks which helps in thigh support and a higher seating position.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921132536.jpg

A rare car with CEAT OEM tyres. The alloy is optional accessory with an eye watering price of 40K per set
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921132301.jpg

The window/ORVM control panel is an example of good quality parts used which is above par for the segment.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190921_221930.jpg

The instrument control is toyish and should have been better.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190921_222051.jpg

A cool camping easter egg on the rear windshield highlighting the car's USP from utility POV.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190921_220910.jpg

The exposed defogger circuit is an eyesore in an otherwise well finished car.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190921_220946.jpg

TD Experience:

We were four well built adults in the car during test drive. The motor doesn't have enough low end grunt to move seamlessly while releasing the clutch without pressing the A pedal. So you need to press the accelerator while releasing clutch to make a strong move on. The power delivery thereafter is flat and this engine needs to be worked for it to respond. The engine performs fairly well in 3rd gear in city traffic. In 3rd gear with speed at 20kmph and rpm @ 1k engine didn't knock. Ghat climbing with full load will require liberal clutch modulation. Overall for the intended purpose the car is built for, the motor is just about adequate. I wonder why Renault didn't consider Nissan's 1.2 petrol.

TD car
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190921135303.jpg

I've seen posts about the engine size not matching with the purpose of the vehicle, yes, Renault could have done better in that area but then this 1.0 Energy engine isn't a dud. Just that from enthusiast POV it wouldn't make sense. From utility POV this engine gets the job done.

I personally feel Renault could have priced it better after checking out the Grand i10 Nios. RXZ is priced 7.69 in Chennai and the Grand i10 Nios Sportz is priced at 7.41 with better build, bigger/better engine, better fit & finish. Versatility of the Triber and utility of the additional 2 seats cannot be ignored though.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st September 2019 at 23:17.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 22:51   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I hosted the video for ZigWheels. The error pointed out is in the other video that's in the same post. I do admit there's a race to get the video out on time...
My bad, it's indeed the motoroctane one. I have requested the mods to edit my Post. Cheers mate
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 01:25   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I personally feel Renault could have priced it better after checking out the Grand i10 Nios. RXZ is priced 7.69 in Chennai and the Grand i10 Nios Sportz is priced at 7.41 with better build, bigger/better engine, better fit & finish. Versatility of the Triber and utility of the additional 2 seats cannot be ignored though.
Triber has this over nios: 19 cm longer, 11 cm wider, has 2 extra seats, sliding middle row, option to remove third row and gwt a massive boot, AC in all 3 rows, 2 extra airbags. Any company can build the nios at that price. But nobody could build a triber before Renault did.
pseudo_coder is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 08:51   #530
BHPian

I was told by my local Renault showroom that they are taking bookings for the Triber AMT (11000 Rupees). However, they were not able to offer any specifics on what variant and what features. When asked "So what would the advance booking get me?" the answer was, "We can give you quicker delivery on a priority basis", which did not make total sense. I thought booking was done based on a colour and variant.

Do any of you know in what way an advance booking might benefit me?
rrnsss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 08:58   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I was told by my local Renault showroom that they are taking bookings for the Triber AMT (11000 Rupees). However, they were not able to offer any specifics on what variant and what features. When asked "So what would the advance booking get me?" the answer was, "We can give you quicker delivery on a priority basis", which did not make total sense. I thought booking was done based on a colour and variant.

Do any of you know in what way an advance booking might benefit me?
I was told the same thing on Mysore road renault, Bangalore when I asked for AMT version. This was told, a month ago and I refused to pay. I told him, get me an AMT car for test drive and I will pay 100% amount. The sales guy kept saying priority list, early delivery, free cancellation etc etc. I walked out. I was even told, AMT version will be available for test drive in one month. Most likely they want to reserve customers or convert amt to manual options.

I am seriously considering this as my city vehicle with AMT, for replacement of celerio. I have innova for longer journey,but driving innova in bangalore is a pain.
pogo0120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 10:02   #532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I wonder why Renault didn't consider Nissan's 1.2 petrol.
An engine bay designed for a small 1L could be the reason why Renault was able to extract so much space from a sub-4m vehicle.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 14:28   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
An engine bay designed for a small 1L could be the reason why Renault was able to extract so much space from a sub-4m vehicle.
Well you are dead right on this !
Here is an interesting interview of Laurens van den Acker, EVP Corporate Design, Groupe Renault. Here he talks about the various design aspects of the Triber like cabin space, engine bay, rear door, interiors, headroom...etc.
tj123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 15:08   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Just went and checked out the triber at the showroom today.

1. Even though the engine and engine bay is compact, it is not jam packed. There is ample space for a larger engine or a turbo version of this engine. There is room for growth.

2. Very impressed with the design and space and comfort of the vehicle.

3. The drive was quite comfortable and absolutely faced no shortage of power for city driving conditions.

4. A product designed with some genuine thought about the end user's needs. Everything has been built to acceptable quality.

5. Once AMT comes, Renault has a customer in me.

Last edited by rrnsss : 22nd September 2019 at 15:14.
rrnsss is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 16:31   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Just went and checked out the triber at the showroom today.

1. Even though the engine and engine bay is compact, it is not jam packed. There is ample space for a larger engine or a turbo version of this engine. There is room for growth.
You are right. I felt the same. It can take one more cylinder easily.
pogo0120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:13   #536
BHPian

IMHO this is indeed a great effort from Renault and very well executed too, both inside & outside. Makes for a very compelling proposition to buy compared to many higher priced cars even from a different & higher segment such as C-SUV's. Now Renault needs to focus on making their ASS up to the expectations of the customers to make this a roaring success.
SaurabhB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 12:52   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

I recently tweeted to Renault India on the launch date of the AMT version and they responded back that the Amt version of the Triber will be launching in early 2020. I somehow am quite impressed by the practicality and space management of this car and with an AMT, it could really become a very strong proposition for a city car. What it also needs and hopefully should get with the Amt , is the Turbo 1 L engine with BS6 , which should also bump up the power a bit, and that would make it a better package overall.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 13:47   #538
Senior - BHPian

My close relative got his car delivered and the car looks amazing and perfect until the engine makes its presence felt. Well in city or even on highway it can lug at a rather slow pace without issue however you will find difficult to keep up with other cars. AC will be that one friend whom you would want to be switched off for that extra power. Engine aside, the car actually feels quite premium for the price. Interiors of Venue appeared too bland in comparison and quality felt on par at most place. If you are complaining anything other than engine on this car, you are probably nitpicking.
PrideRed is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 18:21   #539
Senior - BHPian

Really appreciate how Renault is applying itself in India. Rather than take the easy route to adapt an existing product line up for the local market, the Kwid and now Triber shows cars designed and manufactured keeping market demands in mind.

The Triber is one of the best designed cars I have seen recently in India. That statement simply doesn't cover the way it looks but also the brilliant packaging. I think the 2020 iterations fully complying with new crash norms plus a turbo unit would perhaps make it the perfect urban family car. Well done Renault!
shortbread is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 19:13   #540
Senior - BHPian

I've just had a really depressing experience with Renault in regards to buying a Triber.

I had been trying to coordinate with my nearest Renault Dealership, Renault Solan (Himachal Pradesh) which is about 7 hours drive away for a Test Drive, Booking and Delivery of my Triber in October.

On a casual talking with the sale executive, I informed him that my purchase depends upon the Car Loan Approval from my Salary Bank, who're ready to fund up to 100% on-road price, if I meet their criteria. So, I told him I will either book the vehicle online once the bank is ready for approval, or I can do it after the test drive when I cross Solan next month. But, in case my bank does not approve of my Loan, I need my Booking Amount fully refunded.

The Sales Executive told me that they will be able to return the whole amount, but they will deduct Rs.1000 and they will refund the rest. I said, that is unfair, I would want the full refund, to which he responded that it is "Company Policy", and not their own policy. I told him I will contact Renault India and complaint.

And so I did, and I received a call within an hour telling me that it in fact is a Renault India Policy to keep Rs.1000 as Cancellation Charges and refund the rest. I was shocked, and I told her that I have just lost all interest in the Triber because the Dealership is 6-7 hours away, the company is not Customer Centric in this time of Economic Slowdown, and they need to learn to lure customers in, rather than shew them off in such times by making their policies in the favor of the Customers.

I even asked her to share the Call Recording with the company higher ups, even the MD and CEO. Now the hunt begins for another vehicle within the expected budget, maybe an Ertiga now, the showroom is 2-3Kms away, and everyone knows about Maruti Suzuki's A.S.S.

Sharing the screenshots of my conversation with the sales executive as well below:

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190924173347.png

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190924173359.png
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks