Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2019, 12:28   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

So saw a Triber in person up-close in office parking. Generally office parking is my favourite place to have a look at new cars without any rush, any sales adviser bugging my ears. And i LOVED it. It looks unbelievably good for its price bracket & segment. Overall dimensions, proportions & finish is far better than many cars above a segment. Interiors also visually looked very tastefully done.

What was best was - it was parked right besides a 2 month old Brezza ZDi+. It gave a good relative marker on looks, size & visual appeal. I am a bit taken aback by what I felt actually. The Triber looks bigger than the Brezza from most dimensions, even with its smaller wheels. Triber looks a more tastefully designed one too. Mind you - the Brezza in its own right is a looker. Well designed, understated car. Yet, something about the Triber looked more sophisticated. Not sure what.

It was a top trim car with stock Ceat wheels. Looked very handsome in its maroon/red shade. Front instantly reminded me of a red Renault Megane I had back in Europe. Contrary to what most images made me think, the wheels don't look horribly small. In fact Triber looks far more proportionate on wheel size than the XL6. Coincidentally a new XL6 was also parked just 2 cars away.

I wish Renault could plonk in the 1.2 petrol engine from the Micra/Go into this...The car really would be done more justice it deserves I think. The turbo charged 1.0 when it comes should bring some joy. I hope that one also resolves the noisy unrefined nature of the current 1.0L seen on Kwid.

(Not posting any pictures because none of them was my cars and owners weren't around to seek consent.)
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 14:01   #587

Hi Bro, why are we questioning the engg capability of Renault on its service interval? If they say it has to be done at 10,000 Kms or 1 yr whichever is earlier.

Regards
Mandeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vians View Post
Speed sensing door lock and unlock is listed as features. However the test drive car did not lock even at 70 kph. Could someone confirm if this feature is present? The demo car was top end and the dealer sales agent mentioned that it is only available in Duster.
The door do not auto lock , you have to press the button on the front console

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th October 2019 at 14:43.
Mandeep0172 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 00:29   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post

The door do not auto lock , you have to press the button on the front console
As per specifications, they do include speed sensing door locks.
Old 18th October 2019, 10:07   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
10,000 km service interval for the puny 1 litre petrol motor will result in terribly dirty engine oil by that time and hence reducing the longevity of the engine severely. Imagine a car which has done 10000 km in city the wear and tear on the engine will be of a 15000 km run considering idling and start stop scenario in traffic.
Isn't this true for most of our cars? The usual service interval is 10k kms / 1 Year now-a-days and city running is part of that. I sometimes feel that we take engine oil replacement a bit too seriously. We can trust the OEMs on this and if the prescribed interval is 10k kms, there is no harm in following that. For people who think that 10k is too stretched, they can go-ahead and replace it every 5k or 8k kms (whatever).

Also, we do have cars with 15k kms service interval (My Nexon being one of them) and i think it is ok (though the engine sounds a bit rough after 10-12k kms).
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 13:43   #590
BHPian

Does anyone know the total sales figure of the Triber since it's launch? Looks like most of the excitement around this car has gone down. A few days ago, I went to KUN renault here in chennai and the Sales Rep was not very hopeful of the AMT launch. He was pushing me towards getting a manual.

Is there any news on the grapevine about Renault axing the AMT? Has anyone heard anything?
rrnsss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 13:48   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Does anyone know the total sales figure of the Triber since it's launch? Looks like most of the excitement around this car has gone down.
The launch month factory dispatches were around 2500 and first full month (September) dispatches were around 4700, IIRC! So, around 7200 odd cars within 1.5 months of launch including cars for Media Drives, Test Drive Vehicles etc.

Quote:
The sales report by Renault mentions that a total of 4,710 units of the Triber were dispatched in September.
Link to the above quote

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 18th October 2019 at 13:51.
AdityaDeane is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 15:48   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know the total sales figure of the Triber since it's launch? Looks like most of the excitement around this car has gone down. A few days ago, I went to KUN renault here in chennai and the Sales Rep was not very hopeful of the AMT launch. He was pushing me towards getting a manual.

Is there any news on the grapevine about Renault axing the AMT? Has anyone heard anything?
AFAIK, the excitement around the car is still there as there is no direct competition. I know a few people close to Renault and certainly made to understand that AMT is in pipeline and not axing at all. Yes, the delay may be frustrating for some prospective owners waiting only for AMT on Triber which is otherwise a very rounded product.
ganadrive16 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 15:51   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few days ago, I went to KUN renault here in chennai and the Sales Rep was not very hopeful of the AMT launch. He was pushing me towards getting a manual.
That's a regular ploy of sales advisor to clear of the current stock.
Renault hasn't given any timeline regarding auto transmission, poor sales executive are anyways most of the time clueless about many things.
fz_rider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 07:36   #594
Senior - BHPian

Got to see one recently ahead of me in traffic. Great looking car for the price, some misfit in the rear windshield that could have been done better. It looks like an Ecosport.

However, it's grossly under-tyred. The 165 section makes it look like a bike on cycle tyres. Upsizing also seems to be a tough given the space. At best, it looked like it could accommodate a 185.

A great attempt by Renault and would likely be its next Kwid.
discoverwild is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 18:50   #595
RMN
BHPian

Great to see Renault applying themselves. They seem to be doing the entry level segment well. Kwid & now this. I just hope they improve the Captur interiors too and that might actually sell pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I've just had a really depressing experience with Renault in regards to buying a Triber.
Thats is indeed disappointing. Even I don't agree with the policy of cancellation charges.
RMN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 12:36   #596

The car at 1200 Km, The engine and the car is performing well. Even with 5 passengers and luggage, the car can run all day at speeds 80 Kmph to 100 Kmph just fine. It is not a performance-oriented car. In the recent round trip of around 200 Kms, I travelled with my family in four separate vehicles a Creta 1.6D , XUV 500, Honda city and the triber. The triber was able to keep up with all these cars on the highway without any issue an occasional dash was also done at 135kmph and there was no abnormal noise from the engine or handling problem. The tyres performed ok at that speed, however, the breaks could have been better.
The seats are very comfortable and passengers switched cars during this trip and were most comfortable in the triber because of the legroom it offered to all the people travelling. I would recommend keeping the speed between 80-100Kmph if you have 5 more people on board.
The city and highway combined avg is showing 13 Km/l which is bothering me a bit. But the service centre guys are assuring it would increase after the first service. I'm driving the car at a steady pace between 70 to 80Kmph. Let's hope for the best.
Mandeep0172 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 12:57   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Its good to see that in real world this little wonder could keep up with significantly more powerful vehicles from segments above - from a real user rather than a media house. Good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post
The city and highway combined avg is showing 13 Km/l which is bothering me a bit. But the service centre guys are assuring it would increase after the first service. I'm driving the car at a steady pace between 70 to 80Kmph. Let's hope for the best.
This will depend a lot on how much % was in city traffic & how much time was spent just waiting for things to move. Too much waiting time skews the MID average calculation also. Keep a watch for a few more days & that will give you a better idea of regular mileage.

As for the first service - I'd suggest not to expect any change in mileage after first service. Doesn't work that way.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 08:48   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The launch month factory dispatches were around 2500 and first full month (September) dispatches were around 4700, IIRC!
In continuation, Triber sales beat Innova Crysta, XL6, Marazzo and Hexa in September 2019.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20191025084426.png

Source Article
AdityaDeane is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 09:52   #599
Senior - BHPian

So much of appreciation for the little wonder, must say that this MPV is like Chevy Spark. Spark too had the best in class torque and power for spirited driving. The theoretical values of its competitors did not matter on road. Good going Renault.
Old 25th October 2019, 09:56   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In continuation, Triber sales beat Innova Crysta, XL6, Marazzo and Hexa in September 2019.
How to relate these though? For such comparison even the WagonR sells more than the Innova. If we are talking about 7 seaters, then even the XUV500 belongs here.

From that table actually whats worth noting is that Maruti is selling upwards of 7k Ertiga siblings, Innova - BAU but 2 good products in the Marrazzo & Hexa aren't doing too well. Clearly showing that they are in a bit of a no-man's-land from a price bracket point of view. Hexa is okay, it always belonged in an exclusive category. Marrazzo seems to be failing to create a proper segment for itself. I was expecting it to be doing quite well to be honest. Its a very good vehicle as a personal car also.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks