Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 14:22   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Now the official Accessories also list the 15" Alloy Wheels on the Personalization webpage for Rs.25,960/- for a set of 4 alloy wheels (hubcap prices extra).

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20191112141438.png

Can't see the 14" Alloy Wheels as an option now on the Personalization webpage.

"The price of the 14" Alloy Wheels was Rs.22,360/- while the 15" Alloy Wheels cost Rs.25,960, so the price of the bigger alloys is Rs.3,600/- more than the 14"-ers.

Related image from a post I shared earlier:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/indian-car-scene/1911341d1567089092-renault-triber-kwid-based-mpv-edit-launched-rs-4-95-lakhs-alloy-wheels.jpg"

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th November 2019 at 22:45. Reason: As requested
AdityaDeane is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 15:28   #677
BHPian

I am curious to know what is the average kmpl owners are getting on their Triber, do we have enough owners here who can give us a view?
mindovermotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 17:22   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
I am curious to know what is the average kmpl owners are getting on their Triber, do we have enough owners here who can give us a view?
I'm getting around 13kmpl in which the highway/city share is 50/50.(Tank to tank)

We did a 120 km highway trip which gave me 19kmpl with full AC and at 70-80 kmph speeds. All loaded with 4 people.

On a solo ride on highway I found the MID showing 22kmpl for a distance of 100kms.

Anywhere between 13-15 will be the mileage with moderate load. Load it with 7, it will take a hit!
Jagann13 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 19:54   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Anywhere between 13-15 will be the mileage with moderate load. Load it with 7, it will take a hit!
Thanks a lot Jagann13 for your comment, it gives an overview of a wide range of scenarios and is very helpful! This is definitely not bad numbers for a petrol and the solo ride mileage number is impressive!
mindovermotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 16:52   #680
BHPian

Just had a test drive of Triber.
- Impressive space utilisation
- Value for money for sure
- Suspension is a typical Renault (great)
- Engine noise in first and second gear is high with a 3 cylinder hum noise, something similar I experienced in Nano. This should have been worked upon even if price was 5k higher.
- Slot the first gear and the creep function kicks in but with a little vibration. A little press of accelerator and it suddenly gets a lot of power, even with a little tap on the a pedal
- Braking is adequate
- Even on 5th gear, if you go down till 38-40, it could easily gain speed without the need to downshift
- Cruised at 60 on the top gear and the engine felt relaxed, no feel of underpowered (we were three)
- Road noise was not very high for the price and segment
- Has hard plastics everywhere but Renault has done a good job by cleverly designing it, makes the hard plastics look good
- Clutch play is very leas and was smooth to operate
- Overall it was good, but the engine noise on 1st ans 2nd gear was a big turn off.
shravan2k2 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 17:47   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Finally, after long delays and over a month since this post above, my loan has been approved today. Now will wait for the delivery of Triber RXZ by end of November, God-Willing.
In continuation, updated a post on I Booked My Car thread also, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4693570 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats Aditya and looking forward to your ownership review! To replace your Blue Nano a Blue Triber would be great. I really liked the Blue colour on the Triber when I saw it in the showroom.
Your prayers seem to have been answered. I had a choice between Blue and Yellow from an upcoming stock, and I chose Blue!
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 17:56   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
In continuation, updated a post on I Booked My Car thread also, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4693570 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Your prayers seem to have been answered. I had a choice between Blue and Yellow from an upcoming stock, and I chose Blue!
It seems your destiny is aligned with Blue cars! It really looks very nice in Blue and wish you many years of enjoyable driving! Look forward to your ownership review soon!
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 10:00   #683
BHPian

I recently took a TD of Renault Triber with no intent to purchase. I was more curious to find out how they could pack so much under 4 meters.

Here are my observations based on a short drive in city traffic.

1. Space - Very adequate space on all 3 rows. It is not an easy achievement considering the size of the car. The 3rd row seating may not be comfortable for tall adults on long drives. But within city, it can be a great 7-seater. The kids would certainly not mind the third row on long drives too. But then where do we keep the luggage? That is a problem even in Innova while seating 6 adults. So no major worries there.

2. Comfort & Convenience - Seats are acceptable but not super comfortable. But then this has to be seen more as a mini MPV and so it is fine. Since I test drove the top spec, it had a push button start, touch screen infotainment, reverse parking camera etc. Not bad at all for this price.

3. Exterior - Very nicely put together. It looks contemporary and nice. Looks more like a mini SUV than a mini MPV. Renault always excel in this aspect.

4. Interiors - I find the top spec itself a bit bland but it is not a deal breaker. It is not bad at all for an MPV. For some strange reason, I found the interiors acceptable when I was sitting in first or third row. Only when I was sitting in the second row, it looked a bit bland.

5. Third row : It is super easy to get in and get out compared to other MPVs. I even tried removing and fixing the 3rd row isofix seat by itself. It was easy. If anything, is this a bit filmsy to last last long? Experts can give an answer on this.

6. Test drive : Last but not the least, my test drive was a bit disappointing. I felt the lack of power at slow speeds even with just 3 people on board. Considering the many positive reviews we have seen thus far, it is possible the test drive car had a specific issue. A turbo petrol 1 litre engine with or without AMT would be an attractive proportion.

That said, hats off to Renault for another fabulous concept.
amateurpro is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 11:00   #684

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Pure Highway: 16-17 KMPL with speeds of 80-100 Km/hr
Combined city and highway: 11.8 to 13 Kmpl avg speed is around 30 Km/hr

Total Kms driven 3000
Mandeep0172 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 12:09   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post
Pure Highway: 16-17 KMPL with speeds of 80-100 Km/hr
Combined city and highway: 11.8 to 13 Kmpl avg speed is around 30 Km/hr

Total Kms driven 3000
A bit low I would say for a 1 litre engine and a lightweight car and manual transmission.
Old 16th November 2019, 13:57   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
A bit low I would say for a 1 litre engine and a lightweight car and manual transmission.
I too feel the same. But considering the fact that it has 3rows of AC and weighing over a ton with a driver alone, it is justifying.

A BS6 engine will take a hit in terms of mileage and the turbo too.

Hope it increases after a service. Time will tell the tale!
Old 16th November 2019, 19:52   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I'm ready to root for the underdog but not when the intentions have been wrong. How did we arrive Triber is a good effort from Renault? Seltos is a good effort not the Triber. Seltos bettered the competition in the hot segment. Renault took a poor quality kwid, dressed it up well and created a new segment.

Reasoning above, thanks.
Please do not take me otherwise but may i ask why do you think that Renault's intention with Triber is wrong ? What about the intentions of the established manufacturers such as Maruti (market leader) which excels in producing cars with zero or negligible safety ratings or Hyundai which not only sells overpriced products but also charges much higher for ASS.

Also there are multiple reports in Team BHP regarding Seltos being plagued with problems from the begining w.r.t. DCT gearbox, coolant leakage issue, esim issue, spare parts not available, accidental repair shops not yet ready, complaints coming in from buyers almost every day and so on.

IMO purely on product perspective Triber is as good an effort as Seltos or Hector. It is much easier to produce a better or superior product in a 12-17 Lac segment than in a 7-8 Lac segment. The long term survivability will obviously depend on various other factors as well such as ASS, quality, commitment etc.
SaurabhB is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 22:49   #688

My greetings to all Fellow BHPians. This is my first post here.. I had been trying to be a member for almost 3 years but was rejected.

Anyways, I should tell my story first. I owned a Wagon R for personal day to day usage since 2012 and it is a trusted workhorse since then (Obviously with some wiring harness issues related to carbon in TP sensor wires due to which the engine jittered while on CNG). The next addition to the family was Tata Nexon, which by all means is one of the safest, sturdiest and Stylish options available last year.

I recently moved to Mumbai from New Delhi with my wife and children (April to be precise). Since my parents and siblings were in Delhi and I did not bring my cars, I needed another car for myself here in Mumbai. I had a budget of a mid sized hatchback and was almost finalizing the new WagonR or Swift. I was quite apprehensive with the crash results of the latest Suzuki cars which crumpled like Tin can. I am still trying to understand as to how the new Heartech platform by suzuki is making the cars safer. Because, even a rickshaw hitting the car made them feel as if they had hit some Truck.

Meanwhile, Renault launched the Triber and I was hooked to it. I may sound biased here, but this car fulfilled all my desires and ticked all the necessary boxes in my checklist, be it safety(4 airbags), Entertainment (NAV evolution), Space(7 seater for occassional seating), Wheel size(165 85 R14), Suspension etc.

I immediately pre-booked it in August itself and was one of the proud owners from the First batch dispatched from the Factory. I have a silver colored beauty and I fall in love with it almost daily.

I always had a craving to seat more people in my car. I hate travelling alone and Triber gave me an option to fulfill that desire without burning a hole in my pocket. I am not a power freak so the power provided by Triber's engine is sufficient for me.

I have clocked 1600kms till date which includes several trips to Lonavala, Raigad Fort, Matheran Hills. And yes during all these trips, there were 7 full sized adults(all more than 5'7") sitting in the car (I am not counting the kids in the group who are aged 5, 2 and 1 year).

Indeed the car needs to be revved in First gear during steep climb, but it never stalled and never did I feel scared to drive it.

I want to post one or two pics, but still searching as to how to do it.

One heartfelt Kudos to Renault!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20191116_230447.jpg  

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20191116_230352min.jpg  

Last edited by shashank8986 : 16th November 2019 at 23:16. Reason: Adding pics
shashank8986 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 01:01   #689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank8986 View Post
.... during all these trips, there were 7 full sized adults(all more than 5'7") sitting in the car (I am not counting the kids in the group who are aged 5, 2 and 1 year)....
Congratulations on the car, nothing like the satisfaction of finding something that meets your requirment set to the T, but kindly reconsider traveling with 10 people in it.

Mini people carrier it may be, but not quite for that many.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 06:52   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Congratulations on the car, nothing like the satisfaction of finding something that meets your requirment set to the T, but kindly reconsider traveling with 10 people in it.

Mini people carrier it may be, but not quite for that many.
Thank you so much sir. You are right Indeed. I had bought the car considering it to be a 5 + 2 only (an extended Hatchback) and it turns to 'Tribe Mode'( as the Renault people call it) only once or twice a month. Though the car is sturdy, I do not prefer to stretch it to its extremes.
shashank8986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks