Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2019, 13:19   #691
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank8986 View Post
...(an extended Hatchback) and it turns to 'Tribe Mode'( as the Renault people call it)...
Have to say, Renault have got the name and PR nailed down fantastically.

A neighbour exchanged a hatchback for one recently, because his kids are now teens and they need more space as a family. His comment literally was 'my tribe has grown'.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 18:54   #692
BHPian

There are videos coming up on you tube where people are driving the fully loaded Triber with 7 - 8 folks on ghat sections of the road. Apparently the engine is not as bad as it is being made out to be. Yes you will need the first gear on some places but that is true for any other car. I think its commendable for the car to be able to haul that load with AC on, on those inclines. Such drives are anyways going to be occasional.
AKTRACK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 20:15   #693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Have to say, Renault have got the name and PR nailed down fantastically.

A neighbour exchanged a hatchback for one recently, because his kids are now teens and they need more space as a family. His comment literally was 'my tribe has grown'.
Indeed sir, the name of the car was the first thing which grabbed my attention and the Initial brochure handed out to me had all those camping gear photographs, surf board and ability to seat 7, which floored me. Stunning marketing done by Renault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
... the engine is not as bad as it is being made out to be. Yes you will need the first gear on some places but that is true for any other car. I think its commendable for the car to be able to haul that load with AC on, on those inclines. Such drives are anyways going to be occasional.
You are absolutely right.

Indeed the engine has sufficient power and while driving on normal roads with full load and AC on, I personally did not feel that the engine was suffocating. Maybe my driving style is different and I hate flooring the accelerator pedal to speed up the car. It's a family car meant to be a stylish people mover and definitely not meant for NFS thrill. It gets the job done with all safety included.

Further, I should add here that I was feeling some issues with the left side front suspension. There was a clunk sound whenever the car had 3 or more people and went over a pothole. I remember that during one ride from Mumbai to Mahad, I ran over a pothole in high speed as it was not visible during night. Since then the clunk sound was there. I was apprehensive.

The car underwent the first free service 2-3 weeks back and I told the Service Centre guys to check the issue. They rectified it and told me that it was just some loose nuts. The car is running absolutely fine now.
shashank8986 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 21:40   #694
BHPian

Got the car today. It is the top end with 14 inch tyres. It had 8 kms on the odo. Few initial observations that may not have all been mentioned here a lot before.
  1. Car doors don't unlock after you shut down the engine. You need to press the central locking button on the dash. I have to test this a few times to see why this is the case.
  2. The tail door opens high enough and 6 footers won't bump into it, accidentally. The boot is a good place to be seated while outdoor/camping.
  3. The distance to empty is slow to catch up to the actual running conditions. It was showing 150 kms as DTE, on a full tank. I drove 7kms after filling the tank up. Prior to that, the mileage was showing as 3 kmpl for the first 8 kms that was driven before we got the car.
  4. The Renault app lists a seat cover for this model (4 airbags). I won't be putting it but saw a query earlier on this thread.
  5. No crevice to place the toolkit. Flops around in the boot.
  6. Decent music system. We listen to whatever is the top playlist on Amazon at low volume. Does the job very well.
  7. It skipped my mind that the car has under seat storage. Need to check it out when i go down to the car next. So many features and knickknacks actually.
  8. Windshield wiper reservoir is placed below the wiper blades, almost into the dash. Space management I suppose. It isn't a problem I guess. I haven't used the wiper yet. Head Lights seem ok. Have to drive at night to comment on it.
  9. You can slide the back cover of the remote, and there is a key inside. You can use that to unlock the door in case you need it.
  10. The pickup is decent. No, really.
  11. Steering is super light. Joy in the city. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the highway. I hope it weighs down with speed.
  12. The proximity locking and unlocking is a bit of a irritant if you hang around near the car, like when talking to someone. No big deal. Positives outweigh the negatives by far.
  13. Unfortunately can't power the dash cam from the dash side charging point. That will be used by the phone to connect Android Auto.
  14. Tail bounces a bit when driving alone with no load in the back.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-20191118_174831_hdr010101012.jpeg

Note from Support: Post fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 21:28. Reason: too many line breaks. EDIT: Spacing, grammar, typos, LIST added. Please run a spell-check.
ak916 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 22:38   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Got the car today. It is the top end with 14 inch tyres. It had 8 kms on the odo. Few initial observations that may not have all been mentioned here a lot before.
Congrats on the Blue Triber! It looks great! It was mentioned in ACI that Renault has silently introduced 15" wheels for the Triber RXZ. Kindly enquire with your dealer.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...tandard-414800

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 21:25. Reason: Spacing.
Durango Dude is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 22:58   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats on the Blue Triber! It looks great! It was mentioned in ACI that Renault has silently introduced 15" wheels for the Triber RXZ.
Thank you. I am aware of the 15 inch tyres. They haven't even sent a demo vehicle as of today, with the bigger tyres. Customer delivery could be a month from today. I am not planning to change the tyre now as it will be too expensive.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 21:25. Reason: Spacing.
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 01:54   #697

Wouldn't it be just 4 thousand extra for the new 15 inchers? I mean if you are not upgrading to the alloys. I am talking about the 15 inches flex type wheels?
thenextstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 06:08   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextstar View Post
Wouldn't it be just 4 thousand extra for the new 15 inchers? I mean if you are not upgrading to the alloys. I am talking about the 15 inches flex type wheels?
Dealership doesn't have them. I need to get them outside. I need to change to alloys and exchange the tyres. Seems like a venture that would cost me 20-30k atleast.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 21:24. Reason: Spacing.
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 07:04   #699

Quote:
Quote:
Dealership doesn't have them. I need to get them outside. I need to change to alloys and exchange the tyres. Seems like a venture that would cost me 20-30k atleast
Renault people are a bit confused about how to tackle this issue. I also heard that just by paying 2-3K extra 15 in her can be added. I talked to Renault Customer Care, who asked me to talk to service centre who again re-directed me to my dealership.

I am trying to follow up. But I still feel as to why they will accept the old 14 inch wheels and give 15 inch wheels to their customer just for this small amount.

But if they really do then Renault will set up a precedent.
Old 19th November 2019, 07:53   #700
BHPian

The dealership won't do the upgrade for Rs. 4250. They clearly told me. I need to pay about 6k for the tyre exchange. And then another 20-30k for whatever alloys I want to purchase. Didnt make sense to spend in the region of 30k for a tyre upgrade.

Quote:
I am trying to follow up. But I still feel as to why they will accept the old 14 inch wheels and give 15 inch wheels to their customer just for this small amount.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 21:24. Reason: Spacing, typos.
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 08:15   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Dealership doesn't have them. I need to get them outside. I need to change to alloys and exchange the tyres. Seems like a venture that would cost me 20-30k atleast
Quote:
Renault people are a bit confused about how to tackle this issue. I also heard that just by paying 2-3K extra 15 in her can be added. I talked to Renault Customer Care, who asked me to talk to service centre who again re-directed me to my dealership.
I too have my Triber with 14 inch rims. When I inquired about the R15, the customer service representative told me to follow the dealership. The dealer said that they have not yet received any updates from Renault and will inform if they receive one. Also, he added that it will a loss if they exchange the used R14 rims and tyres with new R15 rims and tyres for Rs.4250.

Please update if someone gets them exchanged! I'll also stay in touch here!
Jagann13 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 16:42   #702

Quote:
The dealership won't do the upgrade for 4250rs. They clearly told me. I need to pay about 6k for the tyre exchange. And then another 20-30k for whatever alloys I want to purchase. Dint make sense to spend in the region of 30k for a tyre upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
I too have my Triber with 14 inch rims. When I inquired about the R15, the customer service representative told me to follow the dealership. The dealer said that they have not yet received any updates from Renault and will inform if they receive one. Also, he added that it will a loss if they exchange the used R14 rims and tyres with new R15 rims and tyres for Rs.4250.

Please update if someone gets them exchanged! I'll also stay in touch here!
I have some bad news which seemed quite obvious to me. The dealership guy told me that the 14 inchers already delivered will not be replaced by 15 inch ones on payment of the difference.

He suggested me to upgrade the wheels only when these tyres wear out and then I can directly move to 15 inch alloys (if I want). Further it will affect the FE also. So, I DO NOT WANT. I AM HAPPY.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 21:23. Reason: Spacing.
Old 19th November 2019, 19:21   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
In continuation.. I chose Blue!
My car has reached the dealership stockyard today. Attaching a few pics of my beauty I received from my sales advisor over WhatsApp today, proving that mine has the 15" wheels as standard from the factory.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20191119wa0005.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20191119wa0007.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20191119wa0008.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20191119wa0010.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20191119wa0009.jpg

It's still dirty, but does not seems to have any major panel gap or paint related issues from the images. We'll be going to pick it up next week now.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 19th November 2019 at 19:23.
AdityaDeane is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 20:29   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
My car has reached the dealership stockyard today. Attaching a few pics of my beauty I received from my sales advisor over WhatsApp today, proving that mine has the 15" wheels as standard from the factory.
Congratulations !! looking forward for your ownership review
tj123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 07:14   #705
BHPian

When are we getting team bhp review on triber. Always i see the most vfm offering review looks like always get delayed review. Is there any kind of bias only towards particular manufacturer or segment?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks