Triber RxL [Rs 5.49 lakh]
  • Chrome-finished front grille
  • AC vents for all three rows
  • 2-DIN audio system with Bluetooth
  • Cooled storage in central console
Triber RxT [Rs 5.99 lakh]
  • Roof rails
  • Front and rear skid plates
  • 8.0-inch touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility and navigation
  • Cooled glovebox
Triber RxZ [Rs 6.49 lakh]
  • Four airbags
  • 14-inch alloy wheels
  • Keyless entry
  • Push button start/stop
RxE Base variant looks most value for money and is a steal Might have to see the proper brochure. Other variants do not add any exceptional features except the RxZ. It gets almost all basic features including projectors

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:21   #377
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

I am told that the last row seats are not part of standard equipment and is to be purchased as accessory !

Is it true? I find it weird because the vehicle should be approved (as built & sold) for the required number of passenger seating capacity.
Old 28th August 2019, 13:45   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I think GO+ is already dead now. It never did good numbers (average 300-400 units) and with the industry falling in the last few months, GO+ is doing less than 200 units a month. Any sane mind will pick Triber over GO+ for little extra money.
The Go+ was kind of dead on arrival product but due to poor marketing & brand image. Moreover nobody would want to be associated with a cheap brand (Nissan initially marketed Datsun as a cheaper alternative to Nissan vehicles for emerging markets) which failed all it's offering except the Redigo to some extent that too because the same had an extremely quirky design. The Triber looks & feel much more premium and well built if compared to go.
As per reviews above by fellow members, if the engine is indeed tractable enough with a good mid range Renault has a winner in hands simply because of the package Triber is owing to the good feature list & an extremely spacious cabin. That's what several consumers want in this segment. It will attract quite a few fleet buyers too in my opinion which again is important as Lodgy created a positive image among the fleet operators due to it's sheer practicality.
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:49   #379
BHPian

Finally! Some company that has the tenacity to provide more than 2 Airbags, albeit in the top level trim. Definitely a short list in that segment. For that price, I can't see any other brand giving 4 Airbags. Some brands advertise 'NEXA Safety shield' as something ground breaking and provide 2 Airbags like they're doing a favour. Glad they didn't include brakes and lamps as a safety shield.

The only thing that they could've done better would be providing a slightly stronger engine and at least 10 mm wider tyres.
aveoman19 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:52   #380
Senior - BHPian

Is this the cheapest car to offer 4 airbags? A proper 1.2L motor and we are talking about comparison with premium hatchback. Has the potential to become a best no nonsense family car except for the puny 1.0L motor.

Last edited by PrideRed : 28th August 2019 at 13:58.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:50   #381
BHPian

Definitely a great pricing. The car felt good enough for the price it has been launched at, especially with 4 airbags. Am seriously contemplating on getting this car to replace my Baleno diesel. While I was considering Ertiga Vxi, Triber looks like a great cheaper alternative. Only downside is the 1L puny engine. Felt just adequate. Shall reserve my decision till an official Tbhp review is out.

Last edited by vshankarhere : 28th August 2019 at 14:52.
vshankarhere is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:53   #382
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber variant vise Launch Brochure

TRIBER_Launch_Brochure.pdf

Accessories Brochure

Accessories_Brochure.pdf
AdityaDeane is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:05   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is this the cheapest car to offer 4 airbags? A proper 1.2L motor and we are talking about comparison with premium hatchback. Has the potential to become a best no nonsense family car except for the puny 1.0L motor.
Yes, but only by a negligible margin.

Renault Triber RXZ comes to 7.5 lakhs on road in Tamilnadu.
Ford Figo Titanium Blu (with 6 airbags) comes to 7.7 lakhs on road. Though Figo misses out on the extra seats, it has a better 1.2 litre engine with 95bhp max power.
Arwin07 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:27   #384
Senior - BHPian

I think 6.5L for top end is fantastic pricing. The Triber offers in the sub-4 segment hatchbacks and sedans exactly what the Ertiga offers in the segment above.

Except for the engine, which might be tad under-powered, I don't think any car is going to offer sliding and reclining rear seats and so much boot space, if we don't consider the third row seats. This car can actually move around a small refrigerator or washing machine. Would probably wait for team-bhp review but I do see expensive hatches like the Polo 1 litre or Tata Tigor losing their ground to the Triber in future.

Renault needs to focus on rural areas and smaller cities more, this car has a great potential there.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:32   #385
BHPian

In my opinion power figures don't always give the true picture and it's wrong to judge a car always on this aspect.
I have a few examples supporting my view,
1. Our Honda City ZX (2008) produces merely 77 HP from a 1.5 litre non vvt engine. But this car has never disappointed me during highway runs or drives on twisty ghats.

2. Ford Classic 1.4 tdci too provided adequate performance for the layman (based on other users' reviews)

Putting down the entire potential of a powerful car is quite risky and difficult in India where accidents even happen on the best expressways here.

Last edited by Storm2.0 : 28th August 2019 at 15:33.
Storm2.0 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:42   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
In my opinion power figures don't always give the true picture and it's wrong to judge a car always on this aspect.
1. Our Honda City ZX (2008) produces merely 77 HP from a 1.5 litre non vvt engine. But this car has never disappointed me during highway runs or drives on twisty ghats.

2. Ford Classic 1.4 tdci too provided adequate performance for the layman (based on other users' reviews)

Putting down the entire potential of a powerful car is quite risky and difficult in India where accidents even happen on the best expressways here.
The two cars that you mentioned will not haul more than 5 passengers and are usually not always carrying 5 people at all times. The Triber on the other hand is slated as a 7 seater and we all know when a car is considered for its number of seats (only when we are going to put those seats to use at most times). Given that argument, power to weight and torque to weight ratio will take a massive hit leading to engine being overstressed at most times. Imagine the triber going up a ghat section carrying 7 passengers and their luggage (being mounted on the roof if all passengers are seated) and you will get the picture.
aveoman19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:51   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
Ford Figo Titanium Blu (with 6 airbags) comes to 7.7 lakhs on road. Though Figo misses out on the extra seats, it has a better 1.2 litre engine with 95bhp max power.
Figo also misses out on Android Auto and Apple CarPlay!
vshankarhere is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:54   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post

I agree with your concept there in principle. However, one key aspect is the engine displacement still, not just the peak power output.

Both cars you mentioned are 1.4 TDCI and 1.5 NA petrol.
So while their peak power output may not look spectacular, their power and torque curves will be linear. In normal conditions - hardly anyone actually drives at peak power with something like 3000rpm. Right? Usable and sufficient power and torque will be available with ease in these engines at much lower RPMs also.

On the other hand - a small 1L engine inherently has quite weak low end. Its the age old and unsolvable problem of internal combustion engines without a turbo.
This means - the Triber will have to be revved higher to be in a usable power and torque range. Not just to be in the peak power number. That has its own problems of more wear of engine parts, lesser mileage etc.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th August 2019 at 15:57.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 16:25   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Price announced:

*One price across India
* 20% segment lower maintenance
* Extended 3,4,5 years warranty
* Annual Maintenance Plan

Official Brochure
Where did you hear on One price across India. Is the ex show room price at Bangalore same as ex show room delhi?
Old 28th August 2019, 16:49   #390
BHPian

I have booked the Triber online. It appears the right car at the right moment for me. With a wife, kid, and parents, I found the sedans (including the compact ones) and the Ertiga's and Morazzo's way beyond my budget. It is priced 7.98 lakhs on road in Bangalore. My plan is not use it for the seven seats, but for five members on the long drives. Hopefully, it will serve me good for three-five years.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (20) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks